Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Let's Celebrate the New Year 2021 with Silver & Blue

Hello sweet friends !

I think this new year 2021 has to be the most celebrated year, ever ! Although, not with big parties. As for many, many people, in all the walks of this earth, it must've been a terrible and very strange year, almost like been in the "Twilight Zone."

I for one, along with Alejandro, we have so much to be thankful for.

 As some of you that follow me know we went thru COVID-19 last June and July. Although, we did recuperate in the best way and didn't experience many strong symptoms, we underwent a very intense treatment at home, with a young Dr. that would visit us daily.

Our dear daughter Alexandra and her hubby Sergio got sick too. 

They live in Spain, so because of this situation their visit of two months, ended up extending it to nine months, along with our two cuties, Maxima now five and Leonella now one year old... another reason to thank God for.

So yes, a lot to be very GRATEFUL, indeed !

 To continue with much better and fun things.  

Here is my creation to celeb this new and so very welcomed year, for most of us. I know some people that wish it to go away already, lol...

I wanted to create this tablescape celebration for the "beginning of another decade..." with my 'Onion' pattern "Hutschenreuther" and one of my very fav chinas, along with lots of silver too. 

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe transition from this 2020, to the most expectant 2021.

May God bless each one of you and your dearest ones and may this New Year bring you all, happiness, HEALTH, fun and prosperity. 


      I created the centerpiece on a silver tin, tray. 

As main featured here, I used my Bulova table-clock,  I had since I was a teenager on my night table, to set the alarm to wake me up for school, back in Astoria-Queens, Jr. High School 126. 

It has memories for sure, of a 1,000 years ago, lol...


          The gray table runner is a lovely wool men-scarf I borrowed from hubby, for the silver tablescape. Fun !


                          The "ONION" pattern china is such a classic, most homes have it... I think.


                              


                     These Mexican pewter chargers are my very first ones I owned and they came with the same small bread plates. So when the china doesn't come with small plates, I often set the table with them.


                 I should have tilted the champagne bottle in the beautiful heirloom, sterling ice-bucket... oh well !


                                      A place for mother too.


                               The crystal stems are Venetian. 

I bought a complete set several years ago and hubby loved them so much and one good day I saw him coming with another set a few years later, of a different style, but Venetian just the same, lol...

The Sherbets are Italian. We love shrimp Ceviche in them.






                   I love this sterling champagne ice-bucket because it's like the classic, old fashioned kind. 

I think it also gives elegance to a '2021' New Year festive setting.






      Here you have it ! 

My last tablescape for this 'very strange' 2020. 

Although I'm glad it's almost gone, I am thanking our 'Lord Jesus Christ' for all the wonderful things that were experienced... just the same.

                                             LOVE,

                                             FABBY


You will find me partying here:

Love Your Creativity Link Party

www.lifeandlinda.com

Busy Monday

www.apinchofjoy.com

Over the Moon Linky Party

www.eclecticredbarn.com

Inspire Me Monday

www.create-with-joy.com

You're the Star

www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Little Cottage Link Party

www.lovemylittlecottage.com

Inspire Me Tuesday

http://astrollthrulife.net

All About Home

www.commonground-do.com

Tuesdays with a Twist Link Party

www.stonecottageadventures.com

Wonderful Wednesday

www.ohmyheartsygirl.com

It's a Party Time - Creative Muster

www.flusterbuster.com

Happiness is Homemade Link Party

www.ducksnarow.com

Classical Momemaking Party: 2021 new goals.

www.classichomemaking.com

Meraki Link Party

www.doodlebuddies.net

Tablescape Thursday

http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Thursday Favorite Things

www.katherinescorner.com

Saturday Sparks Link Party

http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com







 

15 comments:

  1. Dearest Fabby,
    What a perfectly and very elegantly set new year's table for 2021!
    You had me laugh about the champagne bottle; a stubborn one that kept standing its ground... We all realize this once we are putting our post together and looking at the photos! Too late for fine-tuning the details but it makes it even better in many ways. None of us is doing this for a magazine for pay but just from the heart with love.
    Yes, quite a year in history for most of us.
    Sending you our best wishes for a serene New Year's Eve and a very Happy and above all a Healthy year; our highest good after all.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is absolutely gorgeous as always! Wishing you good health and happiness in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby, I love your sweet table and wishing you a most wonderful New Year. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always, Fabby! Wishing you and your family a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby, I was "out of the loop" online for a bit this year and did not know that you and your family had been ill with Covid! I'm so glad you had such good care and all recovered well. Your tablescape is beautiful, as always. I love blue and white china, especially the Blue Onion (which I have from two different companies). And putting your very special clock (with its history) in your centerpiece is a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HaPpY nEw YeAr!!! May it be a wonderful year full of blessings. Gorgeous table you have set. Always a treat to visit,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby, I didn't know you and your family had been sick. I'm grateful all are now well! It is a scary thing.
    Your table is elegant and a beautiful tribute to gratefulness for the year. Cheers to a HEALTHY 2021 for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby, the linens are lovely, the china and silver are beautiful, and the crystal stemware is gorgeous!! What an exquisite way to welcome the new year! Fervently hoping for a safe, healthy and happy 2021. Hugs my friend
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour ma chère Fabby,

    Je te souhaite une année parsemée d'éclats de joie et de couleurs...
    Un très joli billet, un billet en fête !

    Plein de bisous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Fabby, Happy New Year. You're my first feature on the Little Cottage Link Party today. I'm glad that you told us you lived in Spain. I was wondering where the beautiful view from your windows was located.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very beautiful and festive! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Fabby. What a beautifully set table. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog posts this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a glamorous and elegant tablescape !! Loving it Fabby. Its been a "shaky" New Year so far. Lets just hope and pray for better days ahead.
    Much love
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aunque tarde muy Feliz Año 2021, deseando que sea muuucho mejor que este. Has puesto una mesa elegante y deliciosa, me gusta todo la vajilla con sus platitos para el pan, los mantelitos individuales, las copas venecianas, los boles ara servir el ceviche, los soporta tarjetas son una monada, en fin has puesta una más de las mesas a las que nos tienes acostumbrados. un beso

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY