Monday, December 16, 2019

Nutcrackers, Kugelkopf and Fruitcake Luncheon Table


Hello sweet friends !

I had so much fun creating this table for a luncheon today. I have a collection of Nutcrackers that started several years ago when my mom gave me an adorable, chubby one with drums for my birthday in Oct., I immediately bought a tall one and then the rest is history.

I also added a German traditional 'Incense Smoker' hubby also gifted me on a birthday many years ago.

I was in the mood for some baking such as a 'German Kugelkopf' bread and a small fruit cake.

The 'German Kugelkopf' recipe came out of the Nordic Ware bundt mold I bought a few years ago.  It is very delish. I usually leave the raisins in Kirsch liquor the day before, or any other nice liquor of choice and I add walnuts too, in order to make it more festive.

Without much ado, here is my fun tablescape for this Christmas holiday.



I been meaning to create a Christmas tablescape with my Nutcracker collection and it's finally done for a luncheon for eight.



It all started with the chubby Nutcracker my dear mom gifted me for my birthday one Oct. several years ago.

Then I bought the tall one at your left and then the others here and there thru the years and now I own 9, plus a German Incense Smoker Alejandro gave me.



The Fruit Cake at your left.







My homemade Fruit cake. I mentioned I was in the mood for baking.

'German Kugelkopf bread' recipe that came from the 'Nordic Ware' bundt pan, but I left the raisins in 'Kirsch liquor' from the day before and add some walnuts as well to make more the bread more festive.




Alejandro warmes his piece of bread and adds butter and marmalade like any other bread and it is great too !





Thank you dear friends for your kind comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:


All About Home Link Party
www.commonground-do.com

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com


TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net


Tuesdays with a Twist Blog Hop
www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Busy Monday 396
www.apinchofjoy.com

Creative Mondays Link Up
www.clairejustineoxox.com

Little Cottage Link Party
www.lovemylittlecottage.com

Inspire Me Monday
www.create-with-joy.com

Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party
www.loulougirls.com

Wonderful Wednesday Link Party
www.ohmyheartsygirl.com

Keeping it Simple
www.flusterbuster.com

Talk of the Town
www.knickoftime.net

Waste not Wednesday
www.salvagesisterandmister.com

Party In Your PJ's
http://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com

Vintage Charm Party
http://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com

Home and Garden Thursday
www.adelightsonlife.com

Tablescape Thursday
http://astrollthrulife.net

Thursday Favorite Things
www.eclecticredbar.com

Creative Inspiration Party
www.stacyembracingchange.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Home Matters Linky Party
www.lifewithlorelai.com

Saturday Sparks
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

Are You Asking Me to Step In ?
Christmas 2019 Link Up
www.clairejustine.oxox.com

"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Best of the Weekend
www.calypsointhecountry.com

Love Your Creativity Link Party
www.lifeandlinda.com

Snicerdoodle, Make, Bake, Create, Link Party
www.acrosstheblvd.com

Over the Moon Linky Party
www.eclecticredbarn.com





19 comments:

  1. How beautiful Fabby! Such a festive table with so much color. Love the Nutcrackers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. You've created one of the prettiest Christmas tables I've seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, sweet Fabby! Oh, my goodness - your table is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've used your nutcrackers for the centerpiece and those pretty dishes. Everything is just beautiful. You always create such lovely spaces. Thank you for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Fabby,
    Lovely display of your nutcracker collection here and yummy KUGELHOPF!
    You had my laugh real hard as you write here: Kugel (ball) Kopf (head)...
    Foreign languages can become quite hilarious with the change of just one letter!
    Hugs and wishing you a meaningful Advent,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOW!Amazing tablescape!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table! Merry Christmas Fabby!

    Jocelyn
    https://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby, this all looks festive and the Kugelhopf delicious! The nutcrackers make a charming centerpiece. I had a collection of nuutcrackers many years ago, but gifted the collection to one of my nieces. I kept only one, it was one that my mom had brought me from Germany on one of her trips. This year, I've added two from MacKenzie-Childs. Couldn't resist them. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An beautiful table setting Fabby, anyone would be excited to sit down for a lovely lunch.
    I love the Nutcrackers, I have often thought of starting a collection.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Fabby...........
    Love your table with all the nutcrackers, so festive and pretty.
    Hope you are doing well hon.
    blessings for a lovely christmas
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very festive and pretty Fabby. I love how you placed the ornament along with napkin in the tea cup. LOVE IT ALL! The cake looks wonderful! Merry Christmas! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Fabby... Pretty table..All the Reds make it festive. Merry Christmas to you and to your wonderful family. Lots of love to you. Hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful and festive table. I always look forward to your posts with your splendid collection of china. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Fabby, you decorated such a pretty table for Christmas. I love everything about it. Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby, such a pretty table celebrating nutcrackers! They seem ready to party! Our collections have a knack for expanding, don't they? Your dishes are beautiful and festive, perfect for holiday dinners. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gabby, it’s so nice to be back and see one of your beautiful tables! This is truly lovely and the fruitcake sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabby,
    Your table looks so lovely. I like the addition of the nutcrakers. Your cakes look so yummy.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun and festive table with your charming nutcrackers! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabby,
    Love this sweet Christmas tablescape!!! Love those dishes and your wonderful display of Nutcrackers!! Everything looks so delicious too!! Happy New Year to you and your family!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabby,
    I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. Congratulations, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party. I hope you stop by.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/01/over-moon-linky-party.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY