Monday, July 15, 2013

FABBY: Tea and Cake in the Foyer-Table


Hello sweet friends!

   I was craving some pound cake after seeing a blog with a recipe. I made a small one, actually, half a recipe... enough to share it with Alejandro, my friend Carmen, maybe someone else and me of course...just one little piece for me, as I hardly ever have any carbs, lol..

The other thing is that we'll have the tea and cake at the foyer's 'Antique French' table. The foyer table is flanked by the living room and formal dining room; so I have prepared a 'Little Tour' of this area too, for a bit more fun! Ok, say no further and come on over for some tea and cake...or coffee if you prefer.


Alejandro, (Mr. Living) bought this vintage French beauty 2 1/2 years ago at the European Antique Imports shop, (some might even remember it) we have around here; which brings lovely things from Europe all year round. I didn't have anything in the center of the foyer, so the table was just the perfect thing!

The French table has white Carrara marble top and goes well with our marble floor. I used the tea set from my beloved blue and white Onion china from the Czech Republic.

I love this inexpensive flowers from the grocery store, too! The doggies in the back are vintage French, as well. The two small busts, with blue hats are also vintage French.


This pretty china set didn't come with a teapot, as it had broken in the store, but I had this lovely blue and white, Bareuther Indischblau-Bavaria teapot, that matches beautifully! In the back, a small vintage French girl's bust holding a sheep, and wearing a blue bonnet.

The two vintage French busts is of a boy with a flute, here... and a girl holding a sheep, like in the previous photo and they're from the Antique European shop from a few years ago. The yummy pound cake!

To your left you will enter our den. My Starbucks mug at left, with my green tea; which I drink it all day...it supost to burn fat and yeah, I do believe it! The Scandinavian Antique chair has real leopard skin on...sorry Pita people, too late!

In the foreground is Alejandro's grandfather's antique piece of furniture, with blue and white Dutch Delft pieces and some family photos in silver frames. Mercury glass candle sticks.

To the left you can see a little of the formal dining room. Up front a Capodimonti tray with Puti.

Last month when we were on vacation in Florida, I bought on sale at 'Bloomingdale's- Orlando' this big set of 80 pieces of 'Reed and Barton,' classic flatware. Here are some teaspoons and cake forks. The set is for 12, with regular knives and stake knives as well... and lots of serving pieces. I love it!

The Chinese hand painted, black secretary I love. My grandgirls's portrait in the wall.




The pound cake came out delish and thanks to blog friend from: 'The Kitchen is my Playground.' I placed it on a mercury glass cake pedestal.

A marble side-half moon table that goes with the coffee table in the living room. The mirror is an antique from hubby's grandma and it's brass with 'mother of pearl.' The Armillary-Sphere is also brass, as is the little ashtray. A brass Hansen arm lamp on top.

Towards the living room.

I took this shot sitting in the couch's living room and you can see my lovely orchid. I'm also having fun playing with my new camera, that I bought in Florida and it's a cute little Canon.

This bowl is Imari- Dutch Delft, hand decorated and it's now carrying my orchid plant in the living room. In the foreground you can see our den area and fire place mantel.

The marble coffee table I had custom made 20 years ago from an, Architectural Digest issue where Francois Sagan, French writer had in her living room and I fell in love with it! In another pic before, you saw how I had a small half moon side table made to match this one.

This is exactly how the foyer looks. Couldn't do anything with the big arm of the side couch to get rid of it in the picture, lol.. Anyway, the upholstery is Italian silk brocade.

The water pitcher with blue etchings is vintage English.



This is it, my friends. I hope you enjoyed this part of our house and the little tea setting. The chairs you see here are 'Chinese Chippendale.' The entrance door is next to the painting in the back. Good by for now and thank you for coming. You always make my day!



I appreciate the wonderful parties such lovely ladies host each week.


LOVE,
FABBY





Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday at,  http://astrollthrulife
Sally for BLUE Monday at,  http://smilingsally.blogspot.com
Kathryn for Make it Pretty Monday at,  http://thededicatedhouse
Martha for Tea Cup Tuesday at,  http://marthasfavorites
Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday at,  http://sandimyyellowdoor
Tea Time Tuesday at,  http://ladykatherineteaparlor
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at,  http://coastalcharm
Angie for Knick of Time Tuesday at,  http://knickoftime
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at,  http://antiquesandteacups
A Return to Loveliness at,  http://adelightsomelife
Ricky Jill for My Happy List Tuesday at,  http://artandhome
Kathe for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday at,  http://kathewithane
Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday at,  http://rosechintzcottage
Angela for Efforts and Assets at,  http://hickorytrail
Bernidden for Tea in the Garden at,  http://bernideenteatimeblog
Paula and Patty for What's It Wednesday at,  http://ivyandelephants
Wow Us Wednesday at,  http://savvysouthernstyle
WildlyOriginal Linky Party at,  http://gottacreate
Suzy for Home (work) Wednesday at,  http://worthingcourt
Rverton Housewives Round Up at,  http://therealhousewivesofriverton
Debbi for Wednesdays Adorned from Above Blog Hop at,  http://adornedfromabove
Kathy for Home and Garden Thursday at,  http://adelightsomelife
Wildly Original Linky Party at,  http://igottacreate
Simple and Sweet Friday at,  http://rootedinthyme
Suzanne for Vintige Thingies Thursday at,  http://coloradolady
Create it Thursday at,  http://lambertslately
Terri for It's a Party at,  http://acreativeprincess
Festive Friday Fiesta at,  http://thehomegirl
Library Day at the Homemaking Party at,  http://hopeineveryseason
Feather Nest Friday at,  http://frenchcountrycottage
Holly for Tickled Pink at,  http://504mainbyhollylafevre
Kathryn for Anything Blue Friday at,  http://thededicatedhouse
Jennifer for Creative Friday at,  http://jenniferrizzo
Dolly for Farmgirl Friday at,  http://thehibiscushouse
Debrah for Be Inspired Friday at,  http://commonground
Suzanne for Saturday Sparks Linky Party at,  http://piecedpastimes









Between Naps On the Porch I will be participating in Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.











 I will be participating on Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.







 

65 comments:

  1. Hola Fabby es muy linda tu casa y tu muebles muy fina toda tus porcelana y tu juego de tea estoy en hospital con mi mami desde el Viernevme le dio un pequeño strocke no le afecto ningún olgano pero tiene su presión muy alta están tra ta do de controlar y su corazón pero esta respondiendo muy bien asta ahora con favor de Dios
    Que Dios te cuide cariños de tu amiguita
    XOX
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fabby. I just took the tour of your beautiful kitchen which I missed and now your living room and foyer. Your home is so beautiful with so many lovely things. Your foyer table looks so pretty with the blue and white dishes. It made me feel cool to see it and the cool marble floors and table top on this 90+ degree day here. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. I hope you have a lovely week! Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an especially lovely home, Fabby; in fact, I'd say it's FABULOUS! I love the blue and white china, and adore that coffee table with the matching half moon side table.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a fabulous home Fabby and I truly love that table too! Alejandro has excellent taste too! Love your tea set-up as well dear, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely presentation and beautiful furniture you have - hope you will also join me tomorrow for Tea In The Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The setting on the foyer table is lovely and looks just perfect from every view in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby, you are truly blessed to have such a lovely home. The foyer table looks so pretty all dressed in blue.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby, your foyer table is a perfect spot to share tea and cake. Wish I could be there to sample the pound cake. It's a favorite. I just pulled blueberry muffins out of the oven. Guess that will have to do for me today.
    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fabby, Que pena contigo, se que soy una ingrata! No se porque siempre que pensaba en visitarte algo pasaba y fuff no podia! Disculpame de verdad. Si, aqui veo esa hermosa Armillary sphere que tu tienes, pero es que chica, tu tienes de todo! :) No se como le haces, debes ser super organizada para tenerle puesto a todos esos tesoros. Me encanta tu casa, esas mesas estan preciosas y tu coleccion de china ni se diga, siempre me sorprendes con algo nuevo! Pero algo que llama mucho mi atencion son las molduras en la pared, lindas!
    Voy a chequiar que otras cosas has estado haciendo.
    Hugs,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fabby,
    Your home is just gorgeous!! I love the marble top table - pedestal legs are so elegant! Your tea set is also beautiful. The teapot almost resembles the Royal Copenhagen (Danish) set. Thank you for sharing your Castle with us. Thank you also for your kind words at my BlogSpot. Have a wonderful week! Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Fabby. I, of course, like the blue and white china! No surprise there! The table is lovely and is indeed the perfect spot to lay tea. The cake looks marvelous. I have recipes often. It works so much better! Thanks for your lovely photos and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracias Fabby por recibirnos en tu precioso hogar.
    Besoss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Fabby: I am not sure if I have told you lately, I just love your home. Those marble floors are amazing. I just wanted to see more. Beautiful china you shared today. Always a pleasure to visit dear friend. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Fabby! What a gorgeous table setting. Loved the blue and white china and the blue candles! Lah lah lah

    Ohhhhh, the marble floor is gorgeous, too, as well as the marble-topped table. Everything looks very elegante!

    Even the flowers are quite beautiful.

    Nice job! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Fabby. What a lovely tour. Your home is stunning. The tea pot and cups in the blue and white are very elegant and they go perfect in that setting. I am in love with your floor. It brings back memories of my grandparents hacienda in Puerto Rico which is long gone. Such great memories of that place. Thanks for sharing amiga.

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Fabby- Love the china and of course your table. I remember when you got that! Your home is so pretty...love the sofa fabric. Your new camera shows off the details much better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Fabby, thanks for a lovely tour and I just love the table you set. Everything looks so pretty. I love your house!
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabby- You certainly have MANY beautiful pieces. Your set up is gorgeous and your furnishings are exquisite. I think your foyer table is the perfect place to serve pound cake. That blue and white china and antique pieces are so lovely.
    Blessings- Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bonjour ma chère Fabby,

    Une petite visite très agréable et qui nous met confortablement à l'aise...
    Il ne me reste plus qu'à m'asseoir et à déguster ce gâteau qui me semble délicieux tout en prenant une tasse de thé !...
    Et comment ne pas apprécier ce doux moment ?
    Un service de table extraordinaire... des objets délicats et raffinés... Que du bonheur !

    Je te fais de gros bisous et te souhaite un très bel été.

    Je ne serai pas très régulière jusqu'en septembre... tout dépendra de mon temps libre et de la connexion possible ou pas avec Internet où je me trouverai.
    Bisous encore...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest Fabby,
    What a lovely foyer table you set for tea. And that cake could end up in a gourmet magazine!
    You always find the most elegant and pretty things; you got a special eye for beauty and even have extraordinary things hand made. It must run deep in the genes with heirloom Delft blue pieces from Alejandro's Grandfather being present still as living proof of it. Genetic passion for china and beauty and you fell in love with it ALL.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, Fabby! Love your blues!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful setting and hope you a had wonderful time as well! I'm always inspired by your style and uniqueness :).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Fabby!
    Thank you for the lovely tour. Your home is beautiful! I love your pretty blue and white china. Enjoy your week.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Fabby,

    Your blue and white table is so pretty! Everything looks delicious and I would love to join you for a piece of cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Fabby, this is just beautiful I love your teasetting, it is totally stunning and your home is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  26. Somebody come pick me up off the floor...this is just *drop dead gorgeous*, Fabby! Exquisite treasures that I loved hearing about. I wish I could sit right down & share a cuppa tea with you!
    Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Fabby, I loved your home tour. Your "Blue Onion" tea service is a favourite pattern of mine because I was born in the Czech Republic and have grown up with it. I inherited my grandma's china. It's the loveliest blue, isn't it?

    Hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabby, you have a beautiful home and thank you for taking me on a tour. Your Blue Onion is gorgeous and I love the marble table! Lovely post and thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Fabby,
    Your tea table is so inviting, so inspiring...
    Your house is fantastic, very well decorated with exquisite treasures, but looking cozy at the same time!
    I wish I could have tea with you some day... :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. That looks so beautiful and youcake looks so delicious.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. HOOOOLY COW, FABBY....
    that table is beautiful...the dishes are awesome...that cake makes my eyes roll back in my head, BUT.....
    that marble floor takes my breath away and I am getting dizzy.......:))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful table, and a gorgeous tea setting on it! The blue and white china is gorgeous. You set things out just right. The white dogs look perfect where they are too.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the vintage china dogs on the table. The Starbuck's mug always makes me do a double-take...so out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabby, that table is gorgeous, and how perfect it is in your entry. Your tea set is beautiful too, and what a pretty flatware set. I'm drooling all over your gorgeous marble floor. That pound cake looks delicious. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love stopping by and seeing your beautiful home. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What beautiful dishes you have and the cake looks so yummy! Your foyer is so beautiful and I love your marble floor! Happy tea day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. :D Your foyer table looks perfect! Your floors are stunning, by the way. I love your china pattern, and I would've never known that the coffee pot is a different pattern. It looks so nice with the china set. I really love coffee pots, and I don't see them as much as I used to. I love it that your blue candles match! They made me smile. I would LOVE to visit you one day and enjoy coffee and cake. Everything looks so elegant and lovely!

    Thanks for linking-up to My Happy List!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  38. Now that table is just perfect there. I need to create a foyer area. I don't have one as big and nice as yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So many beautiful things! A perfect place for that wonderful table. And such a gorgeous marble floor. The pound cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hola acabo de descubrir tu blog y me encanta. Tu hogar, tu familia, tus perros y la pasión que desprendes por la decoración...Me quedo por aquí y me hago tu seguidora...Te invito a visitar mi blog, sé que te gustará pues tenemos muchas cosas en común.
    Saludos desde Barcelona
    Matilde
    http://matilde-unvergelenlaciudad.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Fabby! I haven't been blogging cause I have been out of town, out of the country just last week for a reunion with the Spooks. I have missed you. I am back just enough time to unpack and pack for another Fl trip on Sat, lol. Your tea is lovely. The teapot blended so well with your Blue Onion set, as if they really belong together. I love your house! I just posted both on mine and the Spooks' blogs. I hope you will visit soon...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderfull things, i love also Delftand is blue color, greeting from Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Simply lovely! And that pound cake looks delicious! And, I absolutely love those Chinese Chippendale chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fabby, I love the Blaue Zwiebel pattern! The coffee pot you have does blend with it quite well. Sometimes you can find one on eBay. I love all the antiques in your gorgeous home. The marble coffee table has always been a favorite as is the new to you table in the foyer. Just beautiful Fabby. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabby, Your home is exquisite! From the gorgeous marble floor to lovely family pieces everywhere and your featured tea table it should be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello, dear Fabby! What a wonderful tour of your beautiful home, filled with so many lovely and special pieces! And your tea service and table are just beautiful. You've left me hoping I can visit you someday! Carinos para ti, ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete


  47. Your home is always 'home sweet home' Fabby.From furniture to artifacts everything looks awesome and adorable.i like the way you have arranged the things and everything fits perfectly to the place.The colours blend with each other so well.Beautiful share from a beautiful lady...Love and hugs...sujatha..:):)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Where to start, Fabby? Your teaset is the most beautiful shade of blue and the water pitcher is simply stunning! Visiting your home is like walking into a museum. Those Chinese Chippendale chairs (my favorite style of furniture) are magnificent! Thank you for the tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. It took a minute for my eyes to move beyond your beautiful table, but once they did I saw even more that is lovely. I enjoyed glimpsing other pieces of your home as they tell more of a story about you.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi there, Fabby! It has been a long, long time since I baked a pound cake. Yours looks SO good!!! I wish we could eat it every day without worrying about calories or carbs!

    The table in the foyer is a perfect setting!! You always have such a way of displaying your beautiful treasures!!!

    I thought of you recently while talking to a lady about ceramics. I told her I had a friend (YOU!) in Ecuador who knows all about ceramics!!! I emailed her your blog address so that she could see all the beautiful items you have!

    I hope all is well with you, Alejandro, and the rest of your family. Take good care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your table is gorgeous and the teaset is really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful...I am so coveting that marble top!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Fabby,
    Gorgeous tablescape, dear friend!!!
    That pound cake looks delicious!
    I enjoyed seeing other areas of your living room, dining room and foyer!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  54. So beautiful Fabby! I love the blue and white tea set and I'll have a small slice of that cake please! Thanks for sharing at TTF this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your kitchen (which I just looked back at).... gorgeous!!
    Your home and all the priceless pieces you have from your families are so gorgeous........
    All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!!'
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Fabby, you sure know how to entertain! Wow, everything is gorgeous. I just love all your pretty porcelain pieces, your home is a treasure!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a beautiful spot for a cup of tea and a slice of cake among all your gorgeous things! Alstroemerias are one of my favorite go to flowers, they go with anything and last forever!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  58. Fabby, I so enjoyed the tour. You have such a talent for telling stories behind the most beautiful items that you are sharing with us. That makes each item even more special. Thank you for your lovely home tour.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love this!! I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Tuesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.
    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  60. You have so many wonderful treasures! so many gorgeous pieces from all over the world. Your pound cake and tea service is a priceless way to greet a visitor. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  61. You have a beautiful home and are so talented! Loved seeing the pics. Thanks for linking up at LOBS!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love the tea set..They are so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hello Fabby, you have such a beautiful, open place for entertaining - LOVE your French table - and the beautiful blue and white china - pound cake sounds marvelous right now! I am so delighted you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  64. what a beautiful setting for tea! Love that amazing table!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Stunning Fabby...You have done a beautiful job of decorating your home..and the pound cake makes me want to go bake one..I love the way the flowers and the blue and white dishes look together..
    so lovely.
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY