Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Afternoon Tea at my Indoor Garden


Hello sweet friends !

After watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, now the Duke and Duchess of Sussex... I thought so much of 'tea time' imagining Meghan will be having lots of tea time at Buckingham palace. Therefore, I created a table for afternoon "tea for two" and invited Mr. Living; he likes Napoleons, so I served him a piece. 

I used my "Johnson' Bros." teacups and tea-set. The cake plates are "Old England." I have a complete set for twelve place settings, plus a big and small bowl and platter I'm using here with the sweets.

I say 'Indoor garden' because I live in a penthouse apartment, therefore, I have some indoor plants that I love taking care of and in the kitchen I have flower pots too, therefore, I've set my tea table at our breakfast room where all the greenery is.

Someday I will go to the garden by the pool that our condo has; as of now, May is such a rainy month.

With that said... please sit down and enjoy a cup or more of some delicious tea and pastries.



My afternoon tea setting is done on top of our round antique French breakfast room table. Hubby and I will be indulging on some sweets, for a change, as he loves 'Napoleon' pastries.

As you can see my indoor plants are in the background of this setting and this is why I call it my "indoor garden."



I placed some pretty pink roses inside the Johnson Bros. teapot and teacup.

Occupying centerstage is my lovely 'Meissen' bowl with the grapes with  three girls playing 'hide and seek.' 



Tea with Napoleons... how greater can it get ?

The tall floral tin contains 'English' biscuits.



This was one big Napoleon and I cut it in half for each, so this way we can have the other sweets too. (wink)

I found this pretty porcelain tray for $8 a few years ago. Don't you love the pink roses in it too?
It also has some writing where it talks about love...cute!





The lovely embroidered tablecloth is a heirloom, it belonged to hubby's grandmother. My MIL gifted me so many years ago, so I've been  holding on to it for at least 35 years.


Thank you so much dear friends for your sweet comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties too.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will be partying here:


Share Your Style
www.thevintagenestblog.com

Home and Garden Thursday
www.adelightsomelife.com

Tea in the Graden
http://blogbernideen.com

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Share Your Cup
http://jannolson.blogspot.com

The Tea & Roses Blog Hop
http://followtheyellowbrickhome.com

Fantastic Friday
http://thefogueabode.com

Create, Bake, Grow & Gather Party
www.shabbyartboutique.com

Style Showcase
http://designstylenethusiasm.com

Saturday Smiles Tea and Roses
www.decortoadore.net

Hearth and Soul Link Party
http://apriljharris.com

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

Tuesdays at Our Home
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

Simple Sunday - The Fabulous Party
http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.blogspot.com

Tuesday Cuppa Tea
www.antiquesandteacups.info

Amaze Me Moday
www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com

Dishing it & Digging it
www.lifeandlinda.com

Cooking and Crafting with J & J
www.julieslifeastyle.com

The SCOOP
htt://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com

Tuesdays with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Wow Us Wednesday
www.savvysouthernstyle.net

Oh My Heartsy GIrl - Wonderful Wednesday
http://ohmyheartsygirl.com











     





24 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love tea parties, and your tea party is fantastic.
    Joyously,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fabby:
    What a beautiful set of pink transferware. I do adore it and such a lovely table setting you have designed. Your home is always so beautiful and inviting and this array of goodies looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!This tablescape is one of my favorites!!!!How delightful!Love your garden indoors,the exquisite pink transferware tea set and the gorgeous embroidery tablecloth!That centerpiece is beautiful and unique.Your treats look delicious!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Fabby, I want to come to your indoor tea! Your transferware dishes are making my heart go pitter patter. How wonderful to have two teapots, one for the flowers and one for tea. I'd love a napoleon and look at all your pretty plants and dishes, while sitting at candlelight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Oh my, I haven't eaten a Napoleon in 50 years probably! But I certainly remember their sweet flaky goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Fabby. Your indoor garden setting just beautiful. I was out of blogging for a while. The summer is hot and it restricts you to do things. I am looking at your tasty bites. Yummy. Love and hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby, what an absolute gorgeous presentation of tea and sweets! The Johnson Bros tea set is beautiful and the Meissen bowl is exquisite. The heirloom tablecloth is stunning, sweet friend. I am so glad you will be linking up to the tea and roses party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant tea setting. I like the idea of having an indoor garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby, so lovely! I had an indoor garden, too, when we lived in an apartment. I rather miss all my indoor plants, but I can't manage both indoor and outdoor. Love that heirloom tablecloth and all the lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is simply breathtaking! I love all your attention to detail! Beautiful Johnson Bros. dishes, and your indoor garden! Thank you so much for linking up to the Spring Tea Party! I would love for you to start linking up your beautiful posts at Thursday Favorite Things weekly link party too! You can find the party on my blog on Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. EST-Saturday at Midnight EST. Hope you will join us! Enjoy your tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My granddaughter and I have found a lovely little tea room here in our town. We have been enjoying regular lunches with tea and dessert. Your table is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby I LOVE your indoor garden and transferware! Thank you for sharing at the Tea and Roses Linky party. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful afternoon tea in a beautiful setting! Your china is lovely too. I'm so glad you had a nice celebration, and also that you shared this lovely post with us at the Hearth and Soul Link Party. I hope to see you at the party again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby,
    O MY!!
    What a lovely teascape and it is perfect to celebrate the Royal Wedding!! I adore your dishes as I collect red and white transferware myself!! Simply stunning!! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Fabby, your table is so petty and I love that china. To answer your question, we do recipes, crafts, and many more posts can be shared. Thanks for sharing at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Fabby,
    Well, what a lovely tea for two you created.
    Guess we have the very same month of May, entirely a wet monsoon, day after day! And so dark...
    Love your Napoleons, a very favorite pastry in The Netherlands and I've eaten many.
    Now it is all over for me I'm afraid as I've learned that sweets do trigger gout attacks and that's what I had on May 19, on top of my two closed fractured pelvic bones. I've not had such a killer cramp attack early morning in bed, that made me jump out on March 27 and fall on my hip... Ouch. The doctor allows me to take twice weekly a 250 mg magnesium tablet and that does the trick. More is not permitted in regard to my CKD.
    But I've learned a lot the last week and by diet I got rid of the pain, can't take painkillers either in regard to my CKD.
    I've not sat idle all these months and have completed on Memorial day scanning all my Mom's letters over the years. What a treasure to have now digital. Started out with Pieter's Mom's letters and all from loved ones and dear friends from 1983 on, being immigrants. Only till 2010 as the Internet has taken over... Sad in a way as handwriting is such an art and shows often great class. I will treasure them for as long as I live.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabby, your table is so lovely! I love red transferware. How wonderful to have such a large collection. The napoleon looks so yummy! I'd eat half and then enjoy the other half later. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC and the Tea and Roses blog hop.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hola Fabby! Como estás?
    I'm glad you found me through the Tea and Roses' and Spring Tea {Link} Party with Amber at Follow the Yellow Brick Home and the other ladies on the tour! I do love a good tea party!!! Your tea table is just beautiful in your Garden Room!!! You know, we just make the most of wherever we live, don't we? Ours is a 41' fifth-wheel travel trailer, for now. I know another blogger posts from her boat {Home Is Where the Boat Is} and another friend is at a small apartment {My Wee Abode}.

    I was looking at your red transferware and it's very similar to mine. Thought you might like to see one of the posts I wrote when I first found minet: http://www.frenchethereal.net/2017/01/a-fair-valentines-day-table-styling-and.html. I love your Meissen plate for fruit! It is lovely with the three girls around it. Magnificent piece!

    Have a great week,
    Amicamente,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness Fabby! What a beautiful setting! I ADORE the dishes you have used. And...what a wonderful way to display those grapes! Yes, we are experiencing some rainy days as well. Matter of fact it has been raining since before noon today and coming down steady. How wonderful to have an heirloom like that from your MIL. Just melts my heart as I have things from my precious MIL who has now went home to be with the Lord. As well as from my grandmother and great grandparents. Such treasures. Have a wonderful day Fabby. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Fabby. What a perfect afternoon tea tribute to the wedding! Just beautiful. Red transferware is always a wonderful setting. Haven’t had a Napoleon for a long time! Enjoy your weekend. Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful post! I am featuring you for my Spring Tea Party features post. Thanks for linking up!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/spring-tea-party-features/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in love with that tablecloth in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful table Fabby. The Johnson Bros. set was a perfect choice paying tribute to the Royal Wedding couple. Those desserts look way too good (I love the napoleon)! Love how the grapes were displayed and what a beautiful tablecloth to inherit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh, this idea is adorable for outdoor and indoor as well...
    Houseplants are Safe For Birds?

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY