Friday, September 16, 2016

Mackenzie-Childs Inspiration


Hello sweet friends !

         While shopping for wall paint to do on our guest rooms we are remodeling, I 'remembered' to buy some spray paint in Black and White to paint a silver, tarnished pitcher in the 'Mackenzie-Childs' style I saw on Pinterest one very similar and got inspired ASAP !

I've been so busy and my house is upside down because of the hard work remodeling the bathroom, walking closet and two rooms that was my DDs before and now guest rooms and to say the least of all the dust I'm swallowing everyday !

 For the friends that haven't followed me lately, it's a mayor and 'total' remodel of everything in the two guest rooms and bathroom, as it was way over due.
We are in the third week and it's almost there.

Anyhow, I bought the spray paint and hubby said: 'Where are you going to work in this house in such chaos ?!'  I said, I'll just wait till later, no biggie.

I mentioned this to my friend and she said: My hubby will do it for you. I said, really? She said yeah. To make the story short. I gave it to him and here it is my-his DIY Mackenzie-Childs pitcher as a flower vase. You judge for yourself. 

I love it !!


Didn't the 'Mackenzie-Childs Inspiration' pitcher came out adorable ?

The before tarnished, very old silver pitcher and the black and white spray paint I bought for the job.

Our friend sanded it down first, then painted the whole thing in white. Waited till the paint was totally dry the following day, to be sure.

The following day he placed masking tape forming checks and the squares showing, he proceeded to spray paint them in black.

He makes it sound easy, but hubby said that it might have been a very 'daunting and difficult job' and he was so glad he didn't volunteer, ever ! (lol)

 

I'm loving it and now I'm thinking what else to do in M.CH's. style!

I will DIY myself next time, maybe something in wood, or whatever !



Notice the inside of the pitcher's peak in stripes.


Look how pretty the inspiration I found on Pinterest is... and hey, these are DIY too!

While they were painting the girls wooden book shelves in the guest rooms, hubby had the four kitchen chairs painted off white as well.
I use the fourth chair in the laundry room and I bring it when there's more people.
We eat six in the kitchen's farm table, sometimes.

Hope in another full week it will all be finished and then I will be decorating; the best part of any remodel.

Thank you dear friends for your sweet visits, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will join this week:

PINK Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Morning Cup of Joe
http://thecottagemarket.com

SATURDAY SHOW OFF
http://malevikrosentradgard.blogspot.com

The Weekend Blog hop
www.clairejustineoxox.com

Foodie Friday and Everything else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com

Share Your Style
www.21rosemarylane.com

Home Matters Link Party
http://lifewithlorelai.com

Friday Frenzy
www.mostlyfoodandcrafts.com

A Bouquet of Talent
www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

Simple Saturday Blog hop
www.sunnysimplelife.com

Dishing & Digging it Party
www.lifeandlinda.com

Monday Social
http://botanicbleu.blogspot.com

Amaze Me Monday
www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com

You're the Star  Blog hop
http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

Metamorphosis Monday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Inspire Me Tuesday
www.astrollthrulife.net

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

Mix it up Monday
www.flourmewithlove.com

Tea Cup Tuesday
www.marthasfavorites.com

Our Home Away from Home
http://mariaelenasdecor.blpgspot.com

Create Link Inspire Party
http://nap-timecreations.com

Tuesdays with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarden.com

The SCOOP
http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com

Brag About it
www.vmg206.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Wildly Original
http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

Thoughts of Home on Thursday
www.athomewithjemma.com

Wonderful Wednesday
http://ohmyheartsygirl.com


















 


40 comments:

  1. Fabby,
    When I viewed your lovely pitcher on face book, I thought your sweet hubby had purchased a Mackensie~Childs pitcher for you, dear friend! I had no idea it was a DIY project!
    It turned out beautifully!
    Love the Kitchen chairs painted in white,also!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend did a good job, Fabby. It looks very pretty. I can't t wait to see your rooms after they are finished...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just brilliant Fabby! Well done! I would love to try that and will now be on the look out for a piece to try it on. I am also looking forward to seeing your reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh, he did a magnificent job...and it's just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Fabby! I love that your friend painted the handles and feet as well as the body of the pitcher. Patty Pultorak @ Pandora's Box is a blogging friend of mine. She used to work at the MacKenzie Childs factory painting Courtly Check pieces. She no longer works there, but she is the first person that I met who paints silver in the Courtly Check manner. I ordered a number of pieces from her a couple of years ago, and they are such fun to use when I entertain and tablescape. Check out her blog, you'll adore the various pieces that she paints. Excited about your wonderful remodel. I'm looking forward to seeing the reveal. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing MC project! It turned out great! I have an old silver pot musch like yours and I have a dear friend who loves MacKenzie Childs. Thank you for the perfect birthday gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtly Check, CHECK!! What a wonderful piece, looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea and I love how it turned out! I imagine you are enjoying seeing the progress though it can be hard to put up with the dust and mess. I imagine you have some great ideas already for decorating the rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby your project came out lovely. And the inspiration was great as well. Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fabby, love your pitcher and how you did the check look, you are so creative :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how this turned out.. well done!! You will enjoy using this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby, you are so clever and crafty! What a perfectly charming transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Fabby. What a great friend to do that pot for you! Looks very sophisticated. Your gourds look lovely, too. When your redecorating is all done, you will be SO HAPPY! It will all come together wonderfully. Thanks so much for your visit. Nice to hear from you. Good luck with the remodel! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Fabby,
    What a lovely end result you created by DIY!
    Sending you hugs from across the miles,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun transformation! Thanks for joining our Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabby,
    What amazing friends you have. He did an excellent job with the MacKenzie-Childs style checks. Thank you for sharing this at Monday Social.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Had me fooled into thinking it was real MK! I love the whimsical feeling of the case you chose to repaint!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun, Fabby! MacKenzie-Childs is celebrating 20 years of the Courtly Check pattern. I'm a long time fan and have many of their beautiful pieces both in the ceramics and in the enamel ware. A friend painted a silver teapot for me a few years ago. It's fun to have!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too am a fan of MacKenzie Childs and have done many many pieces. Courtly Check is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a transformation. Wow!

    Oh thank you for you nice comment on my 50th Marriage. Please keep looking and commenting on mine. I will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  21. THAT PITCHER IS SO PRETTY!

    WARM HUGS,
    CAROL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Fabby: I love that pitcher. It came out so cute. I can't wait to see your remodel as well. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  23. The DIY checkerboard pitcher looks great! I've always admired MacKenzie Childs and would love to own one of their pretty teawares.

    Can't wait to see the big reveal of your home renos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Fabby, your pitcher came out great! Your friend's hubby did a beautiful job! The transformation is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Swooning!!! Your pitcher is beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. My gosh, that checkerboard pitcher looks like it took some work, but it's lovely. Kudos to your friend's husband. I saw your link at Botanic Bleu's Monday Special.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, you have been quite busy. The rooms will be so lovely when there are finished.
    Your MC pitcher is darling. What a sweet gesture. it looks so pretty with flowers on the table. Many people paint just like MC, to avoid the high expense. Thank you for sharing at DI&DI. xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well I am drooling! That turned out beautiful. Love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  29. How clever you are! The pitcher add the perfect touch of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have wanted to try this too! Did you get the Mackenzie Childs catalog in the last week or two with the Courtly Check pumpkins? Oh mercy, those are definitely a DIY because they are so expensive but so cute!!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Thoughts of Home. Pinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabby, I am in love with your gorgeous pitcher!!! He did a great job. Tell him he might have a lot of ladies wanting him to do more.

    Happy Pink Saturday, dear friend. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one that caught my eye". Thank you for sharing.♥

    So exciting about your remodel. I redid our guest room last November, and my mother's room this April. I love how they both turned out. Sometimes I go sit in there by myself just to enjoy the look. haha

    ReplyDelete

  32. Your friend could make a lot of us ladies happy buy painting our silver coffee and tea pots for us
    It's very striking

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a perfect and darling way to add some fabulous magic to your table!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great idea - to paint the old silver plated stuff and to get a neighbor to do it!! Bonus! I love her stuff but when I try to emulate - well it looks like a Kindergartener (sp?) did it. I don't know how he did it but it looks just perfect! Good for you! God's Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabby, your pitcher turned out wonderful! How pretty! You have inspired me to try this! I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love MacKenzie-Childs! What a fabulous project. I cannot tell you how many tarnished pieces of silver I have. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabby, what a wonderful makeover and a cute idea for the tea service. Such inspiration that you share on Oh My Heartsie Girls WW this week, thank you!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Karren:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Pitcher is looking fabulous in black and white color. Totally unique and delightful thing to see. This is such an amazing art work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are on a roll! Love your take on this famous pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This beautiful post is being featured on Bev's blog today - You're a featured STAR!: https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.ca/2016/10/youre-star-home-week-4-home.html
    Thank you so much and please link up more!
    Have a blessed day!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY