Monday, December 21, 2015

Whimsy Christmas Table and Cookies


Hello sweet friends!

Wow, it's been some hectic days with so much work around the house, my mother, invitations and dinners over family and friends and to top it all off, I've been baking and cooking for my DD Sofia, Sil and the girls.

We are on our way to our kids house tomorrow, about a three hour drive where we're spending the holidays and a whole week in total.

I've also made a ham and a Sweet Potato pudding they love, among other not important things, except they take my time. Let's not forget all the tiring gift wrapping too! I sure am quite exhausted... I'm getting old.

I did this Christmas tablescape to show just some of the cookies I baked for the girls and the 'Banana Best ever Cake' with walnuts and decorated with Dulce de Leche in a Nordic Ware wreath bundt pan I bought in Miami.
Recipe from Pinterest.

Ok, here it is.

I WISH ALL OF YOU AND YOUR DEAR FAMILIES A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND A VERY BLESSED NEW YEAR 2016.




                              

I created this Christmas tablescape mainly to use my tray decorated for the holidays as a centerpiece....oh and yeah, to show off all my baking, lol..

Tartan table topper.

I love the tea set from my green china I was gifted for last M'sD by sweet Mr. Living.

I love this green china, is so versatile!

I'm loving this inexpensive cut out tray, I decorated it for Christmas using mainly my German Santa and my Italian toy Horse, a crystal candle stick among other lovelies in the front and back.

The napkin is a fine linen embroidered with a cute blue basket and a small tree. I won them among other things several years ago for teaching how to make a C'mas tree in a big store.

The back of the tray contains some white pine cones I painted last year, a silver present and some faux apples.
I used a lazy Susan for the tray so I can move it around for better pics.

The best Banana Cake and Dulce de Leche topping.
I just used it to outline the bow and tassels in the wreath.
 
The pan is Nordic Ware I acquired it in Miami last month. Recipe from Pinterest.

In real life the wreath cake is so much prettier!

Some figure ginger cookies for the girls to decorate and of course, I made a few batches.

This is my first try on 'German Linzer Cookies' and I must say, although they're easy, they take a lot of time, so they came out 20... aren't they peaty? 
Look for the recipe on Pinterest too.

I couldn't NOT bake if I wasn't making my Granola Cookies my daughter and grandgirls love. Of course, my Brownie recipe too! 


My Sweet Potato Bake for the
ham I also made.
 

The white place mats are from Miami and are of a cotton linen and pretty cut out edges.

My inexpensive red tartan topper is from last year.

What can I say to you my wonderful 'Bloggy' friends, except I love and appreciate you all, as it's another year in your company, that forever make me happy.
 
I love you all, and I pray for you and your families and wish you and yours the best Christmas, ever!

Thank you for your sweet comments, you always make my day!

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties, yet another year.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will be partying here:


Make it Pretty Monday     www.thededicatedhouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday     www.astrollthrulife.net
You're Gonna Love it     www.kathewithane.com
Foodie Friday and Everything else     http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com
The SCOOP     http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com
No Place like Home     http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com
Bernideen's Tea Time     http://blog.bernideens.com
Vintage Show and Tell     www.hopeineveryseason.com
Tuesday Cuppa Tea     www.antiquesandteacups.info
Tea Cup Tuesday     www.marthasfavorites.com
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous party     www.loulougirls.com
Wake up Wednesday     www.godsgrowinggarden.com
Wow Us Wednesday     www.savvysoutherstyle.com
Tuesdays with a Twist     www.godsgrowinggarden.com











    

 

26 comments:

  1. Hello Fabby,
    You have mad such a pretty tablescape and love the cookies and cake you made.
    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby, that all looks divine! Love that green China, and your wreath cake looks great, even though you say it's better than the photo shows. Lucky girls to have mama come, bearing food gifts and more. Enjoy your time, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Fabby:
    That is such a lovely table. I make that Sweet Potato dish too and I think I even have one in the freezer right now! I love your pretty table setting. Your cake is really awesome as well. Have a very Merry Christmas FAbby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE been busy! You always inspire, though...I love your plaid topper, and these napkins are so pretty, those treats look delish. Have a very, very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Fabby for sharing your beautiful post and Merry Christmas to you and your family and that precious new Granddaughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, all the cookies look so good and I adore your Santa centerpiece. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby,
    Your table is beautifully set!! And everything looks so yummy!!
    Merry Christmas!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby, may you and your lovely family have a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year! I enjoy your blog very much and look forward to next Year's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning, Fabby. I love your Christmas table-scape. It's so much fun! Just perfect for celebrating your new granddaughter!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing your beautifully set table and all the sweet little vignettes you created. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby, your tablescape is fabulous! I love the tartan with the green china! The little horse looks sweet in your centrepiece too. I have never made those German Linzer cookies but I have always admired them. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all says Merry Christmas as only YOU can say it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby, what a wonderful table! What a feast, too! That's a lot of baking! I bet that banana cake with dulce de leche topping is out of this world! I'll have to experiment with it. I haven't been blogging a whole lot this year because I've been so busy with work, and I've missed you very much. Merry Christmas, Fabby, to you and your wonderful family! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Fabby,
    Wishing you a fabulous time with the family and no doubt everyone will LOVE your baking and cooking.
    Sending you all blessings for a Merry Christmas!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Fabby...Merry Christmas to you and to your family. Lovely settings in your home. Enjoyed seeing every bit. Thank you so much for praying for flood hit victims. Have a wonderful Christmas and have all the fun with your cute grand daughters. Hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabby, all the cookies look so good, and the Santa centerpiece is awesome! Merry Christmas blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How festive Fabby! Perfect! Love all the fun decor...what a lovely setting for tea! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely Christmas tablescape, Fabby. I'm sure that your yummy baked goods won't last long! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Fabby, your table and baking all looks so lovely. And, I really understand the many demands that seem to grow and grow. I especially enjoy blogging friends like you that love their family and making beautiful memories for them. Merry Christmas, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a fun time! Yummee!
    I'd love to feature you Fabby at my new holiday blog!
    It will debut on Christmas day.
    I'll have a button on my blog.
    Can I include you and your wonderful Christmas posts!
    Merry Christmas!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your table is just beautiful, Fabby, and look at all that yummy food!!! Congratulations on the birth of baby Maxima, and Merry Christmas blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun and lovely table setting, Fabby. I love how you added toy Christmas ornaments on the table. I bet the grandkids love them. I also love your tea set, such a lovely color. Have a Blessed Christmas with your beautiful and growing family....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Fabby:
    This post will be featured on Saturday from my link party earlier in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tables are always so fabulous! Looks like a wonderful time was had! Hope you had a Fab or should I say, Fabby Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a PRETTY table! The cookies look delicious! Thank you for sharing this inspiration at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE your beautiful, tartan table Fabby! I would also love to have some of the sweet treats! I am sure it was enjoyed by all. Your German Santa and Italian horse are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY