Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Going to Miami for the Birth of our New Grandgirl


Hello sweet friends!

This Wednesday Alejandro and me are going to Miami for the birth of our third granddaughter, Maxima Juliette Vinueza.

I'm taking hand crocheted baby cloths as presents from Alexandra's aunts, my mother and dear Carla a double cousin of my daughters.

With this said, I'm saying goodby to you all and wish you the best and many blessings.

I know that a just born baby takes up so much time so I won't be blogging for a month.

See you when I'm back home, early December, to share all the news and how it all went.
 
In the meantime I wish you all my dear sweeties a wonderful, happy and blessed THANKSGIVING 2015.


The hand crocheted outfits in the 'traditional colors,' pink, green and white for just born babies here in Ecuador.
The pink is for a baby girl and would be replaced for baby-blue if it's a boy. The white represents the purity of the infant and the green is my favorite one, as it represents 'hope' for the baby's future.

All three baby outfits were hand crocheted by a friend of my mother's who is very skillful and her work is very sort after, as she uses the right materials, like antiallergenic for a new born and is very talented as you can see.

The green little outfit is the very 'first item of clothing' a baby boy or girl wears as soon as she or he is born, as I mentioned before it represents 'hope' for the baby's future.

The red velvet embroidered skirt and white embroidered blouse is of the 'indigenous' little girls of Ecuador's outfit and are just the cutest!

The tradition here is that when our babies are little girls, maybe 1 or 2 they wear it for fun, as a custom, specially at Christmas time to visit baby Jesus at the church December 25th., the day of His birthday. 
Anyway, our new granddaughter will wear this cute custom
 just for 'fun pics' in Miami, lol.. 
 
My dear Mil had given my Sil, her daughter this lovely and dainty antique collar, hand done by needles from Belgium, for a little sweater for her daughter Carla and she never used it, nor did she used it for her two granddaughters.

Therefore, she had it finally made for my own daughter and her niece's baby girl and now I'm taking it to Florida in her behalf.

I love her color choice for the little sewater, as it's like a 'mulberry,' right?

Here I leave you with the lovely baby outfits. I will see you early December when I get back.
Thank you so much for all your wonderful wishes and comments. I will be visiting you each, one when I come back, I promise!

Big hugs and have a blessed and "Happy Thanksgiving" my dearest friends.

Love you all,
FABBY

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME     http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com
Vintage Inspiration Party     http://knickoftime.net
Inspire Me Tuesday     www.astrollthrulife.net
Wake up Wednesday      http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
The (Not just) Homemaking Party     www.hopeineveryseason.com
Wow us Wednesday     www.savvysouthern.style.net
Home and Garden Thursday     www.adelightsomeway.com
It's a Party     http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.com
Share Your Cup Thursday     http://jannolson.blogspot.com




     





31 comments:

  1. Fabby, how EXCITING!!! I am so happy for you! A grandbaby is a blessing, I know!!! Thanks for telling us about the meaning of the colors! I never knew that. Have a wondeful trip and please take LOTS of pictures!!! We will all be anxious to see!!! Safe travels. You will be missed. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola amiga muchas felicidades par tu hija y para ti y tu esposo en el nacimiento de tu nieta que Dios llene de bendiciones ese hermoso dia me alegra saber que estas en Miami me ubiera encantado compartir un ratico contigo pero entiendo lo ocupada que bas a estar que alegria saber que tu hija bibe ahora en Miami asi puedes benir amenudo aqui y algun dia nos conoceremos.
    Muchas felicidades y Bendiciones.
    Isora
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Fabby! I'm so happy for you and your new grandbaby! The little outfits are just precious and precious to know they came from the hands of your family members! I pray for you a safe trip, a safe delivery and a healthy little bundle of joy! See you when you get back and take lots of pictures!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such darling outfits. Fabby, warm congratulations to you and all your family. What THRILLING news! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Another blessing! That sounds so exciting! Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to the entire family at this exciting time - and special wishes to your daughter who must be anxiously waiting to give birth.
    The little outfits are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby,
    The baby clothing is so sweet and oh so beautiful!!!
    All the best to your daughter as she has this sweet baby. Congrats to you with this GRAND!
    Exciting times.
    God bless.
    Have said a prayer for you all.
    See you soon in blogland and perhaps you will share some pics of your new baby girl,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Fabby,
    Well, you will soon come closer to our area... only ten hours driving from Miami!
    You ought to pay all those ladies that did hand knit such fabulous baby clothes a huge compliment.
    That is not often seen anymore and is a blessing to receive. So much labor of love.
    What a neat idea to use the bobbin lace collar from Belgium on the hand knitted cardigan.
    Wishing Alexandra well and for both of you; safe travels!
    Hugs and blessings.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. What excitement is in the air! Can't wait to hear about the new grandgirl. Looking forward to pictures as well. Congratulations to you all and asking our Lord to keep His mighty hands upon this precious baby. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much loveliness to welcome such a lovely Blessing.
    I wish Alexandra - what we say here to expectant mothers - a very short hour on delivery and that the child born to all of us be a Blessing of Happiness and Joy.
    Hugging you close in this magical time, Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations in advance to everyone Fabby! Hope you'll share with us a picture of Maxima! I love the traditional Ecuadorean outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! Congratulations. I love all her little outfits, made with much love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby, I wish you well as you visit your beautiful family in Florida for the birth of your granddaughter. Such an exciting time for you all. The knitted baby outfits are sweet and used to be very popular here up until the 1990's then they kind of went away. I hope they come back in style as babies look so sweet in them. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We will miss you, my lovely Fabby! How precious...love the handmade pieces, enjoy your beautiful family, have a blessed Thanksgiving! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. FAbby- Those baby clothes are just gorgeous. You can tell how much love and tenderness went into the making of them...each click of the needle weaving in love and hope.
    The little red skirt is darling and what a special meaning that has.

    You are so very blessed and I know that is going to be one lucky baby to be born into your family. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabby,

    What gorgeous baby clothes! Beautifully done. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Fabby! Such beautiful baby clothes! I pinned them to my "Spotted at the VIP" board here - https://www.pinterest.com/knickoftime/spotted-at-the-vip-vintage-decor-repurposed-projec/

    ReplyDelete

  18. Hello my dear Fabby... Have a wonderful trip and congrat's to the family. You are going to have a awesome time with the new comer. Love the pretty dresses. Have a great time. Love and hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations. What beautiful gifts. Have a safe trip. Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful baby clothing! I am super excited for you and enjoy your new family blessing. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting Fabby, to get a new granddaughter! The outfits are absolutely precious. I can not pick a favorite, they are beautiful! Have a wonderful time and we will see you in Dec. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabby, you are with your daughter now. Best wishes as these exciting days progress. The baby outfits are charming and so well made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabby, those little sweaters and caps are the most exquisite things. They are ALL
    beautiful and I couldn't choose a favorite if I had to!! I know your daughter will be thrilled to get these little heirloom treasures~~~~these are wonderful things money can't buy!
    I hope your trip to Florida is a safe one, and I know you will enjoy every minute of your stay these, spoiling this new little girl, and the older ones, too! Have a
    wonderful visit..... <3......Francy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure you are having a wonderful time! I hope things have gon well and that you get to enjoy this precious new bundle of joy a lot! The little sweaters and the red outfit are all such beautiful gifts. See you in December when you return to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabby I am just delighted to learn of these wonderful baby customs. The sweater sets and darling dress are just so sweet. May your sweet granddaughter wear them in good health.

    Enjoy your break. I can't wait for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Best Wishes to everyone!
    I resider your sausage soup today!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Fabby,
    Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter! May both mother and baby be well and happy. Your baby clothing is adorable! Wishing you many moments of joy with her!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabby, I hope all is well and that you are holding that baby girl in your arms already. I will be leaving for Spain soon and I probably won't be around when you post pictures, so I want to say congratulations in advance. Big hug for you and your family. Take care. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabby, Felicitaciones para toda tu family por la llegada de tu nietecita Maxima! All the baby clothing is so darling. Enjoy your time with your precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Fabby, stopping by to say hello, what a great event for you to have a new grandgirl in your family, the crochet sweaters and things are beautiful, such and art to be able to crochet that way. The dress is marvelous, beautiful colors.

    I hope you are enjoying your time in Miami with your daughter, COngratulations on the new birth!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations! Those are wonderful baby clothes, Fabby! I'm expecting to have a baby-boy in few weeks. I should say this article helped us a lot, when we were TTC: http://rocketparents.com/myths-and-truths-about-trying-to-get-pregnant/. I have already bought lots of baby clothes, can't wait to see my baby)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY