Thursday, March 22, 2012

FABBY: Swiss Honey Bread

 Hi my friends, how are you all!   I'll be joining Designs by Gollum at Foodie Friday, hope you do too, so see you there!

 Here is the Honey Bread we love. This Swiss recipe of Honey Bread that was given to my Mil.
My Mil's aunt was married to a Swiss. I'm sharing cause it is great! The gorgeous crocheted tablecloth was also my Mil's, she didn't crochet as my mother does, but she had it made many years ago. I was so lucky hubby inherited it, lol..
The center piece arrangement was made by me, with roses and daisys along with some greenery from our building's beutiful garden.
  We've been doing lots of new changes at home, which I will post on Met Monday at, Between Naps On The Porch... as things are not concluded yet, so I'm not ready!  Meanwhile, I do want to share with you my Mil's Swiss Honey Bread, it's fabulous, and she got the recipe from her aunt who had a Swiss husband.

I always remember my Mil cause she used to send us all, around the Christmas Holiday to our homes in a beautiful platter filled with cookies and this bread.  I also hosted a tea party for some family members, back in January 2012... and made the bread. I didn't share the tablescape as I had, not to long ago did a tablescape with my beautiful complete Bavarian tea set for eight.  Anyway, here it is, a couple of pictures and the Honey Bread recipe too.  Hope you like it!


Thank you all in advance, sweet darlings and have a terrific weekend and also thank you sweet ladies for hosting your terrific parties and for having me.


FABBY


SWISS HONEY BREAD

4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Allspice
1/2 teaspoon sweet pepper   (just add this as Allspice too, as back than there was a sweet Jamaican pepper that grew here in Ecuador as well, but Allspice has replaced it.)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups about, of all the following: orange peal, all dried fruit you prefer and currants.
  In a big bowl, or the Kitchen Aid bowl, beat water, sugar, honey, beat well until it's well mixed. 
Mix the flour with the baking soda and add to the bowl, beating slowly until mixture resembles bubbles.  Add  with a wooden spoon, eggs, the spices and dry fruit.
Pre-heat oven to 350F and then lower it to 300F., for about 1/2 ho or more, depends of your oven.  Butter and dust with flour two loaf pans and pour batter evenly on both pans...this bread can easily burn on top, so if you see this is happening, just cover pan with aluminum foil. 
Let cool on the pans well.  Later, when the loaves are cold store in paper bags and a plastic bag too  and place in a plastic container, until you want to serve it.  Cut it in thin slices and it's great for tea or coffee, any time of the year. I usually make it 1 day or up to 3 days before serving, it also cuts better this way.  Hope you like it.
Potpourri Friday at:  http://apotpourrilife.blogspot.com
Foodie Friday at:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com
Inspiration Friday at:  http://thepicketfence.blogspot.com
Home Sweet Home at:  http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Sine on Fridays at:  http.//oneartsymama.blogspot.com
Beverly's Pink Saturday at:  http://howsweetthesound.blogspot.com
Seasonal Sunday at:  http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com
Everyday Sisters Sharing Sundays at:  http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com
Just Something I Whipped at:  http://thegirlcreative.blogspot.com
Over Flowing with Creativity at:  http://itsoverflowing .blogspot.com



 

 

30 comments:

  1. Sounds like a yummy recipe :)

    Have a lovely weekend, Fabby!

    Greetings from Australia♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see what changes you have been making. I hope your weekend is full of joy- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looks and sounds so delicious! Love your table and the floral centerpiece is so pretty!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fabby!
    This sounds DELICIOUS and I'm printing out my new recipe that "OF COURSE" will be named after "YOU"...I have one question, What is SWEET PEPPER???
    Thank you so much...
    Big Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fabby that looks so yummy and healthy too.

    you table looks so inviting as usual.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Por lo que veo no lleva manteca(mantequilla para España) Se parece a la torta galesa en la forma de mezclar los alimentos. Gracias por la receta y seguramente es más rica después de 2ó3 días ya que los aromas se habrán mezclado bien.
    Besosss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Fabby, That bread sound so tasty. I wouldn't mind a slice just now. Your tablecloth and centerpiece is beautiful. I hope you have a great weekend. xo Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fabby,
    your Swiss honey bread sounds great and the table is fabuluous set.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Chicka... it sounds really a mouth watering bread. I am a bread lover and I surely try your recipe §;-)

    Must check the ingredients.

    Hope your in the best of everything this nice sunny day.

    Hugs,
    /C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ma chère Fabby, c'est toujours avec un immense plaisir que je me promène dans votre blog... Aujourd'hui vous nous livrez une recette qui me semble très tentante... Je ne sais pas si mon tour de taille appréciera mais au diable les scrupules !
    Je suis là maintenant à guetter ta prochaine publication. En attendant je t'envoie de gros bisous et te souhaite un excellent week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a beautiful table and a delisious recipe! Thank you so much Hugs and happy weekend wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Fabby...that recipe looks delicious. I will have to see if I can make it, my hubbs would enjoy it!!
    I love the crocheted tablecloth on your table, over the pink one. Did your mother or MIL make it for you? I know they made some lovely ones you showed us....
    Anxious to see the new changes to your already beautiful home!!
    I hope you have a happy weekend..
    Hugs, Francy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Francy!
    Thanks for your always lovely comments! No, my dear Mil didn't know how to crochet, my mother does. She used to have them made from very talented ladies who make beautiful crochet. Crochet around here, in Cuenca and all over Ecuador are very popular with ladies to set beautiful tablescapes. I was lucky to inherit one from her's and one made by hubby's grandma. Have a great weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful lace tablecloth! The bread looks just yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks wonderful, Fabby!
    What is sweet pepper?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bread looks delicious, Fabby. Your tablecloth is a treasure, indeed, and the flowers on your table are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved it!
    And the flowers are amazing!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabby the bread looks yummy and the overlay tablecloth is beautiful. What an heirloom for you to have. I enjoyed your green and pink tablescape and of course the blue and white at your mom's house. Her kitchen looks so beautiful to me! Have a good weekend! You do a great job at centerpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bread sounds delicious. As usual your table is exquisite. Love the crochet tablecloth. My mother made so many beautiful crocheted pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. he bread looks so good, Fabby. I will try it someday after I get back home. The crocheted tablecloth is gorgeous. You are so lucky to have inherited so many exquisite things....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the roses!!

    My Pink, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum Fabby, sounds good! As always your table is lovely!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a very pretty table, but I would love having a big hot piece of that bread.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loooks yummy! Please come and link with me in Color Connection meme at my PINK Collection entry.

    ReplyDelete
  25. GORGEOUS table! The bread sounds YUM-O! Have a most lovely PINK SATURDAY!
    Come by to visit my pink when you get a chance!

    Waving from Our Back Porch,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  26. The bread sounds wonderful and the tablecloth is just beautiful-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks so yummy! Thank's for sharing:)

    Visiting for color connection- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/2012/03/her-first-bicycle.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have done it again and wonderful bread as well. Love the roses. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi,Fabby. I've been out of the blog loop for a little over a week, so I'm happy to have seen your post. The recipe sounds wonderful, and the tablecloth is gorgeous! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the yummy-sounding recipe. I saved it~

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY