Monday, March 30, 2020

Remembering our 40th. Anniversary Gift


Hello dear friends !

Last February 25th. we celebrated our 45th. Anniversary and were remembering our 40th. Anniversary and how 'all seven siblings' and spouses were at a fun dinner party, and we had such a great time all of us together and was held at our home.

 Sadly, we now are one 'less brother,' since my husband's dearest older brother died due to a severe cancer on his tongue, last January 13th.; so there was no party this year, we were very distraught still.

In February 25, 2015, we celebrated our 40th. anniversary with a luncheon we held at our home. We then were all seven siblings complete and us the spouses. 

As a "bonus" also attended the 'Shindig,' Meredith Fulton, who is my husband's and his siblings, "American sister" who was in the early 60's an exchange student here and their own sister instead, went for a year to Meredith's house in Maryland.

They've had a wonderful relationship forever, as she also married a dear cousin of my husband's. He died a while ago and she is also re-married. 

We were so lucky she coincided on a visit to the family so we were so lucky to have her for the celebration as well. It was an unforgettable time at our home and thus, a very special chinaware for us.

Such fond memories, that fill my heart and at the same token make me shed a tear or two. Specially because of this troubling and unprecedented situation of uncertainty we, as a world, are facing. 

Anyway, to make a story shorter...they were all so kind to give us this gorgeous Oriental china with lots of pieces and here in my tablescape is just about three quarters of it.

My Sister in Law knew we both love blue and white, so they picked this beauty for us. 

They didn't remember 'the looks' of their gorgeous gift to well; so I created a tablescape so they can see it on display.
and to share it with you.

Hope after all this sad situation ends, we can get together and I can use it with them. 

May God bless, our families and the world.

Here it is paired with 'transferware' dinner plates, as it didn't come with dinner plates, except lots of shallow bowls and soup bowls and of course, some serving pretty pieces... cause, as you all know, orientals don't eat different foods in one plate as we do in the West.

I so enjoyed creating this spread for you, while in self imposed "quarantine."

Here is the beautiful china we have from our dear siblings to remember our 40th. Anniversary back in 2015.


Mr. Living and me simply love it !  

Each piece is see thru 'bone-porcelain.'
 




I placed a 'cobalt blue' charger that was made for us back at hubby's Ceramic Co.

'Liberty Blue, Staffordshire' dinner plate. I've use it with red Oriental dinner plates before as well.


The Oriental soup bowl with a lid is to set it aside to place a salad, rice or noodles. 

At your right, in the back, it's a pretty tea mug with lid as well.

I just decided upon placing just the porcelain soup spoon. I didn't have enough Japanese chopsticks for eight places, so I didn't place any other utensils.

I love this pretty planter. Since I don't go out at all, I didn't have flowers, so I used the pretty pot and plant.

I really loved how the stack came out. If life ever goes back to normal and I make a dinner party, I think I'll use it like this.

Praying everyday for a cure and a vaccine.

I have hope it will happen soon from the Grace of God...

The tea pot is adorable. It also came with the china.

The ginger jar is from my 'Dutch Delft' garnishing set. 

At your right there's another style teapot, my mother gifted me for my birthday several years ago and it's perfect for the set as well.



There are four serving bowls with porcelain big spoons for the service.


My choice for a tablecloth was this gorgeous lace 'Belgium' one I had bought so many years ago for my eldest daughter Alexandra's ''First Communion.' 
Under it I placed a simple blue topper.


                              To continue the Blue and White at the side table, breakfast room. Using my gold bunnies for the season and to cheer me up.




Thank you so much dear friends for your kind comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY  

I will party here:

Love Your Creativity Link Party
www.lifeandlinda.com

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

Inspire Me Monday
www.create-with-joy.com

Busy Monday
www.apinchofjoy.com

You're the Star
www.eclecticredbarn.com

Handmade Monday
www.sumoftheirstories.com

Little Cottage Link Party
www.lovemylittlecottage.com

All About Home
www.commonground-do.com

Farm Fresh Tuesday
www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com

Celebrate Your Story
www.zucchinisisters.com

Vintage Charm Party
www.ourhopefullhome.com

Beautifully Made Link Party
www.acrosstheblvd.com

Creative Muster Party
www.fluster.buster.com

Spring Time Blog Hop-Wonderful Wednesday
www.ducksnarow.com

Waste Not Wednesday
www.faeriesandfauna.com

Share Your Style
www.frenchetherial.net

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Encouraging Hearts and Home Party
www.mysliceoflife.com

Tablescape Thursdays
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
http://howsweethesound.typepad.com

Saturday Sparks
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

Best of the Month Party
www.calypsointhecountry.com








15 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary dear Fabby. The dishes and ginger jars are gorgeous! Love the pretty blue and white. The tea set is so lovely with the gold bunnies I am so sorry you lost one of your family members. Continue to be safe. Thanks for sharing your lovely post at Love Your Creativity. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning blue and white dishes,how precious and treasured!Congratulations on your 45th Wedding Anniversary!God bless you all.Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful china, Fabby! I love how you've mixed all the different patterns, and I love how the cobalt tablecloth/background really sets off the lace overlay. Take care, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby, You set the most beautiful tables. I am so very sorry for your loss. God bless and comfort you.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your blue and white dishes. I like all the way you mix and match them. Beautiful Belgium lace tablecloth and that Ginger Jar is gorgeous.
    Happy 45th Anniversary. Take care. You are wise not going out at all. I am doing the same. The news is scary. I hope it calms down soon.. Take care. Thelma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Fabby,
    Those are some sad tidings about your husband's brother.
    May the family find peace and strength to move forward during this very difficult time.
    Your blue table setting is gorgeous and clever for using a white lace table cloth over a plain blue!
    Perfect all together.
    Sending you hugs and indeed, may God protect his People and the World,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby,
    Happy 45th Wedding Anniversary!
    I adore your blue & white dinnerware!
    Gorgeous tablescape!
    Thank you for inspiring with all the details of your tablescape!
    Stay home. . .Stay safe!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby,
    Happy Anniversary!! What a stunning tablescape!! Just gorgeous!! Love the linens! Really breathtaking, my friend!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet words!! You may my day!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Fabby,
    Happy 45th anniversary to you and hubby. Love hearing of these long time marriages.
    Oh what a lovely gift they gave to you both. I love the blue and white, it is just take your breathe away beautiful, and you created such a lovely table with it all. Hope this finds you doing well hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite of all time are the blue and white dishes Fabby. I just love your beautiful tablescape. Praying for us all dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola mi amiga, Fabiana!!! Saludos de Téjas! I am so glad your family was able to be all together before your husband's older brother passed... It is so hard when family members die. I lost my cousin Joanne in October 2019 from complications from allergies to antibiotics and heart surgery.

    Your table is beautiful with all the Oriental china pieces! I think we have talked about this before but we have the same dinner plates: the Liberty Blue Staffordshire plates. I only have four and bring them out whenever I feel like having a patriotic themed party. :) My daughter has a number of authentic Japanese soup bowls and spoons she picked up when she was an exchange student to an area around Nagasaki in 2010. Hard to believe she should be having her first high school reunion this year!!

    Glad you are staying well even though it is hard to remain indoors so much of the time. I took off early this morning for a brisk mile/kilometer walk without our dog ~ I need the exercise.

    Enjoy the rest of your week and keep creative, it sure seems to help!
    Abrazos,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful gift! My favorite color is blue so I just love these. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Fabby, ante todo decirte que lamento mucho la perdida de tu cuñado, nosotros nos reunimos cada año un fin de semana en casa de unos de los hermanos (6), aunque como en vuestro caso el mayor falleció ya hace dos años, fue muy triste pero seguimos con la costumbre de nuestra reunión anual, a la que ahora acude su viuda. Aquí en barcelona la gente vivimos en pisos más o menos grandes y es bastante habitual tener una casa para los fines de semana y es ahí donde nos reunimos.
    De tu mesa que puedo decir una delicia, ¿la porcelana es de Delft?, es preciosa y tal como has combinado con mantel y centro una maravilla, (¡¡¡una pasada!!!, como decimos por aquí)
    Sólo me queda felicitaros por vuestro 45 aniversario y desear que toda la familia sigais bien, cuidaros mucho. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely and kind family you have, Fabby. And what gorgeous dishware! Happy Anniversary and stay safe:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby,
    Your dishes are absolutely gorgeous. What a lovely gift. One day soon you will be able to get together and have a wonderful dinner with your family.
    Congratulations, you are being featured at Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/04/thursday-favorite-things_8.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY