Sunday, March 22, 2020

English Tea While in "Quarantine:"


Hello sweet friends !

Yes, I mean it ! 

We are in "self imposed quarantine" keeping indoors and not going out for any reason.

Here, in our town, Cuenca-Ecuador, everyone is and since Mr. Living and I are over 65, might as well be very careful.

While indoors I decided I will set a 'Tea Time Afternoon' for the two of us, but added two more places for the blog pictures.

I also baked for my daughter Alexandra, Sergio and our Máxima 4, who live in the building in front of ours... a 'Walnut Carrot Cake' we all love. 

Of course there's also mother, who now is living in the floor under ours, plus her caretaker, so I don't eat, gobble the entire cake by myself, lol...

Please keep safe, calm and pray a lot this 'pandemic' is over soon and some country finds a cure.

Ok, with that said.



This table was assembled as follows :

1- Layers of lace under cloth and on top a small one crocheted by my sweet mom for a small coffee table she had. Finally... 
2- Quilted placemats gifted to me by my daughter Sofia for Christmas a few years ago.
3- China by "Wawel made in Poland" and was a gift by my mom several years ago. This china was also from the 60's and saw it around while growing up too.





I love the tin with 'Queen Elizabeth II...' young and now.
'English Breakfast Tea.'


Here I took out the  small cake plate so to admire the pretty dinner plate. All are rimmed with silver for a change.

I chose daughter Sofia's quilted placemats because they have an 'Oriental motif' with light blue "Pagodas" and thought perfect to pick up the dainty blue flowers from the Polish 'Wawel' china. 

My dearest dad, while washing it, had broken the original teapot that was adorable and so my mother used this tall one that blends nicely with the tea set and teacups and saucers.

I love the shape of the teacups, sugar bowl and creamer, so you can just imagine how beautiful the teapot must've been.

Homemade jam

'Walnut Carrot Cake' was baked to eat with some delish English tea.









Little pops of Spring-Easter here.


Thank you for coming to visit me and for your sweet comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely ladies that host such terrific parties too.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:


Love Your Creativity Link Party
www.lifeandlinda.com

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

Busy Monday
www.apinchofjoy.com

Little Cottage Link Party
www.lovemylittlecottage.com

All About Home
www.commonground-do.com

Tuesday with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Celebrate Your Story
www.zucchinisiaters.com

 The Homemaking Party
www.classicalhomeking.com

Keep in Touch
www.letsaddsprinkles.com

Oh My Heartsy Girl Wonderful Wednesday
www.ohmyheartsygirl.com

Creative Muster
www.flusterbuster.com

The Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
www.ducksnarow.com

Party in Your PJ's
www.theapplestreetcottage.com

Waste Not Wednesday
www.faeryandfauna.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Vintage Charm Party
http://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com

Encouraging Hearts and Home
www.mysliceoflife.com

Thursday Favorite Things Party
www.eclecticredbarn.com


French Etherial Party
www.frenchethereal.net

"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Saturday Sparks Link Party
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

Best of the Month Link Party
www.calypsointhecountry.com












22 comments:

  1. Dearest Fabby,
    What a lovely tea setting and clever for doing so to sooth the mind and soul at once!
    Isn't it true that broken pieces of beautiful china cause us grief...? Fond memories as a whole and so your Dad is also being remembered.
    Sending you hugs and may indeed God bless the world and end this uncertainty.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fabby:
    What a darling table setting and such a sweet post. Love the placemats, dishes - everything truly invites springtime to come! Thanks for share this joyful table and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those quilted place mats. A lovely gift from your daughter.
    That carrot cake looks so delicious. I've never made a walnut carrot cake. I must make one.
    Take care and stay safe and well. Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why, but I didn't know that you lived in Ecuador :-) My daughter-in-law is from Ecuador. What a darling table Fabby. Take good care. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Fabby: No sabía que vivías en Cuenca (Ecuador), la chica que trabaja en mi casa es de alí y me ha enseñado bonitas fotografías de la ciudad y alrededores. Me alegro de que estéis bien y que tengas tan cerca a tu familia para poder compartir ese delicioso pastel. Me ha encantado la decoración de tu mesa, os manteles acolchados, el juego de te y hasta la tetera que sustituyo a la original.
    Veo un pastel de zanahoria y nueces impresionante. ¿Algún día te animarías a dejar la receta? Mucho ánimo y cuidaros mucho

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful table you set and the cake and flowers are nice too. We are all in quarantine here too. Stay safe and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby,
    Bless your sweet heart!
    A homemade Walnut Carrot Cake. . .such a delightful treat!
    Thank you for always encouraging and inspiring!
    Stay safe, friend!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table looks beautiful as always. You have such a lovely place to quarantine. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is so pretty Fabby and oh I bet that Carrot Cake was good! I love carrot cake and especially with a cup of coffee. Praying for us all during this time and asking God to find favor upon His children. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like homemade cake and tea for a soothing afternoon! And the china was the perfect choice. I particularly liked your quilted placemats. Take care, hugs!
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Fabby, I am so happy to hear you are staying safe. You have no idea what a lift your beautiful tea post gave me this morning. ~ Safe socially distant hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful table and your cake looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby, what a beautiful tea table filled with all the lovelies. I am crushing over the walnut carrot cake, it must be so delicious. Take care sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby, what a beautiful tea table filled with all the lovelies. I am crushing over the walnut carrot cake, it must be delicious. Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Fabby! I love your tea table. All the china is so delicate looking! It compliments your lace tablecloths beautifully. We are also sheltering in place. We only leave the house for groceries. Unfortunately, it’s still cold in Chicago, so we cannot even go and sit in the backyard. I’m still hopeful that the weather will warm up soon, and I continue to pray that this horrible pandemic passes on. Please stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabby, I love this table you've set! I know, I am not really happy having to stay home all the time, but I do enjoy being out in the yard (we have .25 of an acre and a corner lot), which connects to no other house except ours). Thank you for sharing at this week's Share Your Style. I am happy to feature your post next week at SYS #250 as part of our "Keep Calm and Carry On" with the Covid-19 sheltering in place. :)

    Hope your family is all well,
    Prayers for you and so many more,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely tea time table to cheer up this dreary season, Fabby! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How absolutely lovely! Thanks for this bit of cheer during such a difficult time. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing post!Elegant and dainty tablescape!Your porcelains are absolutely stunning and I enjoyed them so much.Blessings!God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am happy that you are ok Fabby. You set such a pretty tea time table. Thanks for the blog visit. Stay safe and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabby,
    what a lovely tea setting!! I adore those place mats!! That is great that your daughter and Mother are so close to you during these times. Our oldest son moved in with us so he would not be alone 24/7 as he is working at home. He only goes to his apartment to work and comes back here. He lives right up the road as does our other son and DIL.
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbbie

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY