Monday, August 7, 2017

July Rosary Prayer - Tea Table & More


Hello sweet friends!

Not much more to say here, except most of you who follow me know I have a gathering of ten, more or less friends who come to my house for Rosary prayers, the last Wednesday of each month and I offer them right after a 'humble tea' with just bread, cheese and home made jam or marmalade.

We pray for anyone who requests for something special as family, friends, the sick, our children, the country, etc. You can make requests, we very happily and gladly oblige dear friends, so please feel free.

Blessings to you all.



This is a vintage bone china, complete for eight place settings.
For this month's Rosary prayers I used just the tea set, cups and saucers and two small bowls for the jams.

I usually take this dinner set out in the Fall, paired with orange rimmed big dinner plates as chargers. The real dinner plates are here for the tea set as they are a bit smaller then modern ones.

The blue and orange hand embroidered tablecloth was made by me, around 25 years ago and the leaves are sort of Fallish too.

I love the mums design along with butterflies and yes, it's a vintage classic Asian design
 
The color of the 'Alstroemedia' pick up one of the same color mums in the china too.

I buy this lovely and inexpensive flowers every two weeks at my local supermarket. Always love the fresh and pretty sight at home.


My new 'Zebra' variety plant I replaced the Lucky Bamboo with on my favorite blue and white vessel, most of you have seen in this 'blue and white' corner of my dining room. 


I took the 'Lucky-Bamboo,' that had grown so much, to the family room. I will share with you that when I decorate for Fall.

On the other side of the table I used my also, antique from the 30's Japanese, "Satsumi-Kutani" tea set. This way the ladies can help themselves to more tea, coffee, etc.


Looks like my dining room is getting bluer and bluer (smile)... and white ! 



Thank you so much for your kind comments, you always make my day!

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:

Amaze Me Monday
www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

Creative Mondays Blog hop
www.clairejustineoxox.com

Tuesdays at Our Home
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

Tuesday Cup of Tea
www.antiquesandteacups.info

Tuesdays with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Create Link Inspire
http://lifesewsavory.com

Share Your Style Thursday
www.thevintagenestblog.com

Wow Us Wednesday
www.savvysouthernstyle.net

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Talk of the Town Link Party
www.beyondthepicket-fence.com

Outdoor Wednesday
http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com

Oh My Heartsie Girl Wonderful Wednesday
http://ohmyheartsiegirl.com

Home and Garden Thursday
www.adelightsomelife.com

Vintage Charm Party
www.ourhopefullhome.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Share Your Cup
http://jannolson.blogspot.com

Foodie Friday and Everything else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com

Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com

Home Matters Linky Party
http://lifewithlorelai.com

"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Saturday Blog Link up
www.sunnysimplelife.com

Party Time at the Bouquet of Talent
www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

Dishing it & Digging it
www.lifeandlinda.com















 


















28 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tea table! I also like the idea of having a "blue and white" corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most beautiful dishes Fabby and I love your blue and white collection!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tablecloth and the pretty oriental teaset( Satsuma?).Exquisite blue and white collection!Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful - as it ALWAYS does!!!
    What a blessing these Rosary Tea Prayers are and what a blessing you are for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby your Rosary teas are always so pretty. Your vintage china is gorgeous. Love the blue and white. Blue and white is everywhere I look now -- all the magazines and catalogs. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby, your Rosary Tea Prayer table is beautiful. I just love it how you host such a meaningful and wonderful event. To be able to gather together and pray like that is beautiful. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Fabby, and you KNOW I am eyeing all of your beautiful blue and white pieces! You are such a sweetie to host and also, to offer prayer here. Blessings, sweet friend, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dishes! So pretty💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to conclude a time of prayer!
    So many in our circle of friends and acquaintances are facing great challenges. To have praying friends is a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying the Rosary and then tea. Perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always beautiful tables from you, Fabby. Such a nice plan for the rosary, praying and tea. I am curious how you hang your plates and platters on the wall. I have some round yellow sticky rubber hangers that you moisten and stick on the back of the plate for 24 hours but I am leery to try the large ones on platters. Don't want to end up with broken platters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely and delicate pieces of artwork on display on your splendid table! I'm sure it makes the prayers and the tea all the more delicious! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple but delicate. The tea set is gorgeous. Blue tablecloth certainly accents the orange in the dishes. Good place for prayers and drinking tea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These dishes are truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty place settings Fabby. I really like the large blue and white bowl. Have a wonderful blessed week.


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Fabby,
    This is such a wonderful tradition for praying the Rosary and sharing a special tea with your friends!
    We say the Rosary each 1st Saturday till November but nothing is being offered, other than Mass afterwards.
    You always manage to set a wonderful table and all of your guests must feel thrilled to partake at such pretty table.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabby, your friends must appreciate all your different forms of hospitality - all complete with a beautiful tablescape! Love your blue and white corner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet day you celebrate with friends, and I'm sure your prayers are beneficial to those who are the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How lovely this looks. The care you take in arranging everything is a reflection of the importance of prayer in your life. I thank you for the prayers you have offered and want you to know about the comfort they gave. May you and your friends continue to help others through your Rosary Teas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely and thoughtful idea - a monthly Rosary time together. I like it so much that I am going to try a prayer and pie time at my house. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yet an another beautiful Rosary table from your home. Thank your for your kind gesture.Love the cozy blue corner. It's nice to know you were a fashion coordinator at NYC. The preparation for the engagement is going at my end and i could find some time to do a coffescape which you liked. Thank you. Sujatha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Fabby...just beautiful. I always love your blue and white, and this colorful teaset is a wonderful contrast today! Just lovely! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabby, as usual your table setting and "decorating with dishes" is lovely, but your heart is even lovelier! I greatly admire your intentional gathering for the express purpose of prayer. May more of us follow your example!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Fabby! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty dear Fabby. I always enjoy your tablescapes. How wonderful it would be to have tea with you. Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It. xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, the soft blue of that table cloth is really making me want to sit down ad stay a while! Beautiful table Fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's a beautiful table Fabby! I also love the gorgeous blue dishware on your walls. It's wonderful that you pray collectively for others. I have felt so many prayers of friends and family lately with my recently diagnosed cancer. Although my recent MRI did not come out as I had hoped I am still staying positive and will fight this beast! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an absolutely stunning tea set! I love that you have a rosary group. I'm sure all your prayers are greatly appreciated:) Your prayer partners lucked out in getting you as a hostess, that's for sure! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY