Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Table Spread for "Tea-Day 2017"


Hello sweet friends !

     For "TEA DAY 2017" I have created a table with a hand crochet table topper, my 'Old Country Roses' Royal Albert three tier; from Madrid - last May I got for MD from hubby and the plate from DD Alex.

 The tea set and teacups are antique from after WWII and they are Bavarian-Made in US-ZONE, Germany. I once read that these things were made in Germany around 1946-1948.

Tomorrow that mother comes to spend the day with us we will have tea time afternoon and devour enjoy all these goodies I have displayed here, lol... 

Ok, here you have it and I hope you enjoy it too.
 
       
 
The only thing I didn't mention at the top is that the salad plates are from my Tognana china, dinnerware  from Italy. I realized that the porcelain color is exactly alike the German tea set; plus the color of the design as well.
 

Sweet Cinnamon rolls here too.
 
 
I love cheese with my bread, so there it is at your right.
 

My mother's favorite 'Vanilla Pound cake. '
 
 
 
The beautiful Bavaria, antique US-ZONE, Germany tea set. I read that they were made around 1946 until only 1948, this makes them collectors items.
 
One of my fav china is this lovely Italian-Tognana dinner ware for eight place settings that
I own for maybe more then 30 years.
 
Didn't they matched really perfect!
 

 
 
 
This pretty white tureen is my new find from a couple of months ago.

It says Honk-Kong in the back and it has 'Fleur de Lys' all around it and in the lid as handle too and it looks like it would be part of my lovely white pitcher !

The best part is that it was only $20... so I couldn't pass it up, it kept on screaming my name...hehehe

It has an old world charm to it that I love.
 

Thank you for your kind comments dear friends, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:


Share Your Style
www.21rosemarylane.com

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

Tuesdays at Our Home
httP://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

Tuesdays with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarde.com

Talk of the Town
http://knickoftime.net

Wow Us Wednesday
www.savvysouthernstyle.net

Foodie Friday and Everything else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com

Anything Goes PINK Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

The SCOOP
http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com

Wildly Original
http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Dishing it & Digging it
www.lifeandlinda.com

A Bouquet of Talent
www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

Simple Sunday Fabulous Party
http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com

Vintage Charm
www.ourhopefulhome.com

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com

Home Matters Link Party
http://lifewithlorelai.com












 



15 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tea, Fabby, and I LOOOOVEE that tureen, it's gorgeous!! What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby, you do the most fun things. TEA DAY! I love it. The dishes are so pretty. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous porcelain and beautiful tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find on the tureen, Fabby! I wish I could join you and your mom for tea so I can try all that goodies. Yum! The tea set is so pretty and no one can tell that the plates are from another set.... Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby, you always set the prettiest tables. How special to have your mother for tea with her favorite pound cake. The dishes are so lovely and the tablecloth, too.
    I'm with Christine I wish I could taste all the goodies and visit with you too.
    Great looking tureen and such a good price.
    Thanks for your sweet visit. Since my blog roll went away I am missing so many blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pretty table setting is the United Nations of teawares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra @ Dinner at EightThursday, 17 August, 2017

    Such a lovely tea set! And the tablecloth is stunning. Best of all are all the yummy treats you're providing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and looks so inviting. Love all the special desserts you've included. The china is so pretty. It's interesting to learn facts about some of the china. Love the new tureen- especially the price!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's almost too pretty to even partake from. Although I am ready this first thing in the morning and those cinnamon rolls are making me drool, I love your beautiful tablecloth. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Fabby,
    Lovely Tea Setting!
    Yes, the salad plates from Italy do match perfectly. You have such a keen eye for picking out things to match.
    What are the small straight glasses used for?
    Sending you hugs and blessings,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby, that tablecloth is absolutely gorgeous! You always have such beautiful dishes. The cinnamon rolls look so yummy too. I want to thank you for keeping me in your prayers!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty table Fabby, I love that you are able to mix the dishes, has I not been reading, I would not have noticed. The design in the center is beautiful!

    All the desserts look delicious!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby, what a stunning tea with your crocheted cloth and beautiful porcelain! I love the calla lilies on your table. Your sweets look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love those dishes, but I'm especially fond of Old Country Roses, they're my wedding china! Your treats look yummy and I'm sure you mother had a lovely time! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful Fabby! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY