Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Winter's Trout Dinner in the Kitchen


Hello sweet friends!

The lakes where trout grow around the town of Cuenca where I live, are located in the wooden highlands, quite cold and sometimes extremely cold, so it is like woodlands; which is what prompted me to get inspired and set a table for a 'Trout Woodland' Winter, January dinner party for four in the kitchen nook.

I used my lovely 'Multiple Choice' fish dinner china complete for four, but I only used the small plates for the salad and the blue and white 'Woodland' tranferware dinner plates for the trout and 'quinoa'... cooked in a risotto manner. My daughter Alexandra who loves quinoa, calls it, "Quinotto" as it is her recipe too.

A friend brought me this gorgeous log from her garden the other day, thinking I would use it for my tables and she wasn't wrong, it really inspired me to make a sort of a 'woodland setting' with it as a 'log candle holder' centerpiece; still, I didn't rush to call it a woodland tablescape.

Ok, here it is, judge for yourself.


While putting my house back to normal after the Christmas holiday, I ran into this cute check tablecloth I had forgotten about... sort of like a happy 'home finding.'

I like it that it has a gray wintery stripe next to the red to form the checks.

The log is a gift from a friend from her garden and right away it came to mind I should create a 'candle holder' centerpiece out of it for my rustic-woodland setting for the trout dinner.


The mesh looking place mats are hand woven in straw, like the Panama hats... Pewter chargers, 'Woodland Transferware' dinner plates and finally, 'Multiple Choice' salad plates.
 

The white birds are 'Salt & Pepper' shakers and I raised them on glass pedestals from small cloches and placed them inside birds nests.

I love my DIY Log candle Holder and here's how:

I carved holes with a knife for the candles and with the same drippings of hot wax I glued them on it, quite easy and simple!

The small bread plate is pewter too and they came with the chargers.


I did a lot of baking this last Christmas for my cuties. Now I need to stop eating sweets, lol..

The ivory crochet runner was made by my sweet grandmother Stella. 

In the background the coffee or hot chocolate station.


In real life the log is so much more intricate and prettier... I think.

I used for this setting my 'Reed and Barton' flatware, as the style is sort of rustic, along with the fish knife.


A high shot so you can appreciate the setting in the kitchen for a trout dinner for four.

Thank you dear friends for your kind and sweet comments, as they always make my day!

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will be partying at:

No Place like Home     http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday     http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Foodie Friday     http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com
Home Sweet Home     http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Share Your Style     www.21rosemarylane.com
Grace at Home     www.impartinggrace.com
Have a Daily Cup     http://jannolson.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Fridays     http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com
Thursdays Favorite Things     http://bettycozycorner.blogspot.com
Friday Frenzy     www.mostlyfoodandcrafts.com

Saturday Sparks     http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com
Share it One More Time     http://everydayhomeblog.com
A Bouquet of Talent     www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com
Silver Pennies Sunday     www.findingsilverpennies.com
Creative Mondays Blog Hop     www.clairejustineoxox.com
Make it Pretty Monday     www.thededicatedhouse.com
BLUE Monday     http://smilingsally.blogspot.com
Inspire Me Tuesday    http://astrollthrulife.net
Amaze Me Monday      www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com
Masterpiece Monday     http://californiacoastalhome.com

Keeping it Simple Blog party     www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com
Table it Party     www.rustic-refined.com
Tea Cup Tuesday     www.marthasfavorites.com
Cooking and Crafting with J&J     http://julieslifestyle.blogspot.com
Something to Talk About     www.karensuponthehill.com
Mix it up Monday     www.flourmewithlove.com
Show and Share     http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME     http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com
Tuesdays with a Twist     www.godsgrowinggarden.com
brag About it Link party     www.vmg206.com

Create Link Inspire     http://nap-timecreations.com
You're Gonna Love it     www.kathewithane.com
Wake up Wednesday Party     http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
Wordless Wednesday     http://ohmyheartsygirl.com
The Homemaking Party     www.clasicalhomemaking.com
Talk of the Town     http://bec4.beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com
Wow Us Wednesday     www.savvysouthernstyle.net
Share Your cup Thursday     http://jannolson.blogspot.com
It's a Party     http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.com
Share Your Style     http://northernnesting.blogspot.com

What's it Wednesday     http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Create it Thursday     www.lambertslately.com
Wildly Original Link Party     http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
Creative Ways Party     www.posedperfection.com
Thursday Favorite Things     http://bettycozycorner.blogspot.com
It's a Party     www.kathewithane.com







    






























 


  

49 comments:

  1. Hello Fabby,
    You always amaze me with your beautiful tablescapes. I do love the way yours looks. The fish plates are really nice. I hope you have a nice weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fabby:
    Your table looks so pretty and I really like the woodland centerpiece which is quite unique! I think it all goes together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have set such a pretty table and I love the centerpiece as well!

    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda sua mesa, cheia de coisas bonitas. Amei a esteira de palha. Fazer as refeições em uma mesa bem arrumada é maravilhoso.
    Feliz 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table, Fabby. The dishes are gorgeous! Have a great weekend. xxx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, dear Fabby! Your woodland theme is really wonderful. Love the pewter, blue, and red checked tablecloth. The little birdies are adorable in their nests and the log makes a splendid centerpiece. Your fish plates are perfect for your trout dinner. You always set a creative table, Fabby. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby,
    A gorgeous Trout Dinner for four, dear friend!!!
    Have I told you that my "Mr. Ed" is an avid Trout Fisherman???
    We take an Annual Trout Fishing Vacation every Autumn!!!
    Those trout plates are adorable!!!
    The blue dinnerware plates is beautiful!!!
    Love the silver chargers complete with bread plates, as well!!!
    The log candle holder is a perfect woodland centerpiece!!!
    I, too, am trying to avoid "sweets" (desserts)!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks just beautiful. And, I love that you have room for a table in your kitchen. I have a square kitchen with a counter and a few chairs and I truly love the layout, but, I miss having a kitchen table. Your centerpiece is perfect for this time of year - the whole look is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great theme Fabby and I love, love your centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this woodland scene! The placemats look so much like fishing nets...perfect. Your log centerpiece turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Fabby,
    What a lovely theme you picked here for setting the table perfectly for your trout dinner in woodland style.
    Love the Quinotto version by Alexandra!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby, I am just stopping by to let you know that I will be featuring your tablescape at No Place Like Home on Monday. Enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enlarged rge photos of your log, and I must agree because it is truly one of God's works of art. The textures and movement of the bark are amazing. I wonder if you drilled holes for your candles or used something sticy to act as a putty type substance? The effect is beautiful, and the fish plates are quite special. I also like the Spode Woodland in the blue. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore these plates. My husband caught trout, flounder and spanish mackeral here this month. He would go nuts to have them! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby, my friend!! I'm so sorry I haven't been here to visit for ages! Since the birth of your little grand baby. I've missed all your lovely Christmas posts, so I've been scrolling through and drooling over all the beautiful table settings! Your place always looks so elegant. I love the Christmas picture of you and your husband.
    The log with the candles in it is gorgeous! Very unique, and perfect for a trout dinner. We have stacks of firewood in the garage -- I wonder if I could find a suitable piece of wood?
    And I have to tell you that many times I admire something on Pinterest, and I look and you pinned it!
    xo, and blessings for the new year, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that log centerpiece is fabulous! What a great way to show off your table with those plates. I used to live by the White River that had great trout fishing. Delicious, and the setting makes it that much more special!

    Christi @ A Southern Life

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gabby,
    I love everything about this. The tablecloth is wonderful and the log centerpiece is totally amazing. I love the fish plates too. Just perfect! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a very fun table, and I'm crazy about your log centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderful idea! I really hope you don't mind if I borrow it some time. I love the natural way the log compliments you table setting...and the fish dishes ~ exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hola querida amiga,

    I love your fun and festive table. The fish plates are perfect for your woodland centerpiece. Your idea of adding the candles to it is genius.

    Lovely setting as always.

    Abrazos,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tablescape Fabby. Love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Fabby,

    You are so creative to take a piece of a log and make a dinner party! I like the idea of eating in the kitchen. Your dishes are blue-tiful!

    Thanks for linking in today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Fabby, So much fun to visit with you this morning. Love your woodland table setting. The layering of your fish plates with the gorgeous centerpiece you created is gorgeous. Love how you added the candles. What an outstanding idea. Everything around your kitchen is cozy and so inviting. What a wonderful time for 4 you must have enjoyed. Thanks for sharing.
    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead pretty lady. Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty table! I am in love with that log as a centerpiece and the plate stacking you did.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Fabby: Beautiful table as always. Thank you for continuing to pray for us, the road is long. Seems to me, back in a time far, far away, I owed you a gift. Please send me your address, I will fix that. I think I am sane enough to do those kinds of things again. Thanks for your friendship. I treasure it more than you know. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  26. It was so nice to see your comment on my blog! I love eating in the kitchen and there's something especially cozy about it in the winter. I still like to set a nice table as I see you do, of course! Yours is so pretty. I hope all is well with you and happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your centerpiece is fabulous!! And your fish dishes are adorable ~ must have been a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a lovely setting, i'm sure everyone appreciated your effort for them. Sometimes it is too easy to just be informal

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's so natural and wonderfully put together! I really love the fish plates!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Fabby, I love this table! That log truly is delightful and your fish dishes are so fun! My dad use to always fillet the trout and mom would bread them and cook them up so deliciously! My hubby is an avid fly fisherman, but anymore he just catches and releases. I get a hankerin for some yummy filleted trout now and then. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful centerpiece- wow, from a friends garden, awesome!

    And I absolutely ADORE your beautiful pewter chargers, they're unique!

    Well done, Fabby! Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, this is a daring creation for you. Stepping out of the comfort zone uh Fabby?
    I love it. The centerpiece kind of steals the attention sending us to a wold of fantasy and whimsy.
    I love, love, love it!
    I love that tablesloth. And happy finding, indeed.
    Enjoy!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fun table, everything is just perfect!! My son would love the plates with the fish and I love the pewter plates, their great!!

    Hope you have a great week!
    Karren
    Oh My Heartsie Girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. First of all, Fabby, I simply love the title for this post - it drew me in immediately, as I can never resist a cosy setting!
    Your table is beautiful. I especially love your fish plates - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello! Happy 2016!! Love the organic feel and design for this table and fun fish dishes! So welcoming! Sometimes simple is more fun than elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. what a beautiful table-wow! the fish plates are really lovely.
    i thoroughly enjoyed your post and your pictures. thank you and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love that log! Yep, it would be my centerpiece too! The fish plates are so cute Fabby. Now I'd really like a piece of grilled or stuffed trout! Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really like this table! It's rustic but quite elegant. My hubby loves fish and I bet your menu was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Fabby that centerpiece with the candles is super awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

  40. Oh I really like the fish plates , my favorite thing on the table

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the chargers and the fish plates! The rustic centerpiece is gorgeous! A lovely table for what I hope was a lovely party! Thank you for sharing with us at Brag About It!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fabby, your table is so lovely! I love the log turned candle holder! I am surprised you could dig those holes out with a knife! The fish plates are so neat! I bet it was a wonderful dinner! XO

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just beautiful and rustic Fabby. I love the centerpiece! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great tablescape for trout. My husband loves to trout fish (and I do somewhat) so he would just love your table. Lovely centerpiece and your sweet birds.

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a unique centerpiece...and it was free...love it.
    Your table is adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow...everything looks so pretty! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your table looks so lovely Fabby :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wonderful table Fabby, the trout plates on the blue transferware look great on your checked tablecloth. The centerpiece came out wonderful too. The candles are positioned in a manner that allows the placement of the pinecones and leaves room for the natural beauty of the log to be seen. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY