Tuesday, August 26, 2014

FABBY: Last Rosary of Summer Table


Hello sweet friends!

    As most of you know I host a Rosary gathering with friends every last Wednesday of each month. This month Wednesday was not a good day for me, so I held it today.

Most of my ten friends that usually attend the prayers are still on vacation, therefore, we were just four.

We had a lovely time and here is my last Rosary, 'Farewell to Summer' table.
 
In our neck of the woods weather is like Fall right now and it's raining, but none the less August is the last Summer, or vacation month.

I will be joining Kathleen for "Let's Dish" at Cuisine Kathleen for her 'Farewell to Summer tablescape challenge.'

Here is my collaboration, I hope you like it.



My choice today for pretty Summer dishes is this set with hot pink roses on top of my new cut work 'balsa wood' place mats made here in Ecuador.

I also baked a bread loaf for making toasts to eat with cheese, plus I served a 'tamale' as an entrée.

Here is the link for the recipe of this great bread, 'English Muffin Bread' for toasts.
 
 http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2008/12/25/a-toast-for-the-new-year/comment-page-2/#comment-246023



Pretty flower pot and more Summer dishes for tea.
Two small bronze bird candle holders.

My last Summer tea place set for my Rosary gathering of August. 

In the glass lazy-susan I placed all the servings, like the Bavarian small bowl with homemade jam, silver tea caddy, cheese, and the silver toast holder, which by the way, the bread was a total success; so I highly recommend this bread recipe, plus it was easy to make too.

The bread link is above.

The teaset, teacups and saucers have small hot pink roses and butterflies around them, just perfect for a late Summer August, tea table.

A close up of the dish pattern, with small roses in many colors and butterflies.

I love this cute silver tea caddy, which I always keep here in the lazy-susan tray everyday in this, our breakfast table...among with other daily things we need.

In the foreground the buffet holds some more pretty Summer flowers
 



Some of the friends that follow me might remember hubby bought this gorgeous vintage French table for the breakfast room two months ago.

Here you have it, my farewell to Summer table for Rosary prayers.

I'm joining Kathleen for her challenge: "Farewell to Summer Tablescape."

Thank you so much for hosting Kathleen. See ya!



LOVE,
FABBY

Let's Dish   http://www.cuisinekathleen.com
Make Bake Create   www.hopeineveryseason.com
Swap & Tell   http://distresseddonnadownhome.blogspot.com
Wednesday's Adorned from Above   www.adornedfromabove.com
Wow Us Wednesday   www.savvysouthernstyle.net
Wake up Wednesday   www.godsgrowinggarde.com
Vintage Inspiration Party   http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com
What's it Wednesday   http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Riverton Housewives Round up   www.housewivesofriverton.com

Tablescape Thursday   http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Home and Garden Thursday   www.adelightsomelife.com
It's a Party   http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.com
Share Your Cup Thursday   http://jannolson.blogspot.com
The Homemaking Party   www.hopeineveryseason.com
Creative Linky Party   www.posedperfection.com
Create it Thursday   www.lambertslately.com
Before and After Wednesday   www.thededicatedhouse.com
Wildly Original linky party   http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
Grace at Home   www.impartinggrace.com
Thursdays Favorite Things Blog hop   http://katherinescorner.com

Home Sweet Home   http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Foodie Friday   http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com
PINK Saturday   http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Friday Frenzy   www.mostlyfoodandcrafts.com
Say G'Day Linky Party   www.natashainoz.com
Show and Tell Saturday   www.bedifferentactnormal.com
Silver Pennies Sunday   www.findingsilverpennies.com
Saturday Sparks   http://peacedpastimes.blogspot.com


















 

37 comments:

  1. A true feast for the eyes!!!
    I am envious of your fall like weather!! Still HOT in Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fabby! Beautiful table as always! I wanted to stop in and speak I've missed you....xoxo Dolly

    ReplyDelete


  3. HI Fabby Lovely Table setting once again.The plates are lovely and i love the flowers and calm setting.Have a great day..Love sujatha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I love the table and everything you have on it! How sweet of you to open your home once a month like this to your friends! Nothing sweeter than a time of prayer with sweet friends. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely table, Fabby! I wish we could get some of your cooler weather. We will not see fall temperatures for at least another month! I am sure your friends felt very special around your gorgeous table. You have such beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Fabby,
    For a smaller group this was a lovely and elegant setting. Love your glass lazy Susan and also the silver tea caddy as well as your toast caddy. Similar to ours: {Antique 19th Century Silver Toast Rack Replica, Made in Kotagede, Indonesia}
    For sure your bread for toast was a hit; as most of your baked things are!
    Sending you hugs for the end of summer. Friday it is 31 years ago since we moved to the USA...
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Simple yet sublime' is how I would describe your table Fabby. Thank you for your prayers dear, I'm a couple of weeks away and everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute, Fabby! I love those wooden placemat of yours. They make the whole setting look so charming. Pretty dishes! Thanks for including Rea in your intentions....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Fabby! What a beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty dishes, Fabby and I LOVE that silverware! So pretty.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dining table for four is so gorgeous. I love the new placemats for they are so elegant. The tea set is the perfect way to set the table with the hot pink roses. Glad you shared with us and have a wonderful week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Fabby. The rose pattern china looks lovely on the cut work balsa place mats. You have met Kathleen's challenge beautifully.... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely table. Your dishes are absolutely exquisite and I love all of your silver. You've created such an elegant setting. I'm sure your friends will appreciate your efforts. Bravo!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Fabby, your china is absolutely gorgeous. Can you believe summer is nearly over? It's soooo hot and humid here right now it sure doesn't feel like it, but it is! Boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those delicate dishes. The flowers are so pretty. Enjoy these last couple weeks of summer.

    God bless


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Fabby, How fun that we both used butterfly and flower dishes this month! Yours are just beautiful!! You have such a wonderful collection of china, my friend. :)

    I also like your new carved placemats and your flatware looks sort of like what I used, too. Your husband picked out a gorgeous table for your breakfast area! I'm sure you must be enjoying it.

    Thanks for your visit, Fabby, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Warm Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  17. More beautiful china! Your table looks like a pretty garden, Fabby.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, first, I love that you have this regular rosary gathering. I need to copycat that in a big way. What a wonderful thing to do. Second, I love the table you set for the doing of it. The dishes are just beautiful and so feminine. I love the whole teapot setting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful...totally coveting those pretty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful toast to the end of summer. We have had the same type of weather and we are all a little sick of it! Makes me scared for winter.
    I love the little roses and what a pretty tea set. Your bread recipe sounds wonderful, so much easier than making the English Muffins.
    Enjoy the last few days of summer (even though the kiddies are back to school!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gabby, what a lovely, lovely table, and how special it is for you to host a monthly Rosary.

    I love the roses and always marvel at the china painters skill. Such a gift!

    Sending love your way...

    xo

    Sheila:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabby!

    I hit the wrong key, and it says Gabby. That would be me! LOL

    SO sorry! I know it is Fabby, you know it is Fabby, and you know I know it is Fabby. Maybe this will give you a chuckle.

    xoxoxo

    Sheila aka Gabby ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. O, dear Fabby, your posts always makes my heart sing. You have such beautiful dishes...and you sure know how to use them. :)
    This end of summer table is just beautiful. I love the beauty of it and also the relaxed feel to it.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely setting for prayer. Your tea set is very pretty. Just makes my heart sing. Love the cut wood placemats too. I am envious of your cool weather. I will trade you our Texas heat for your cool temps and rain. Enjoy your weekend dear girl.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Fabby thank you to stop by my 'Summer farewell Table'you had asked me about Kathleens time for the link party.I couldn't answer you immediately as I had gone out for dinner since it was my hubby's birth day.Have a beautiful day.Love sujatha..:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful table, Fabby. What a pretty china pattern. I like your new balsa wood placemat/chargers. When I think of balsa wood, I think of those little airplanes that my brother used to put together when he was a child!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another beautiful table, Fabby! Those plates are gorgeous with the delicate pink flowers! Your tea set goes so well with them, too! This setting is different from your normal Rosary Teas in that it's set for just 4. The intimate setting is just as elegant, though. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Uroczy jest ten komplet w róże i motyle.Piękna porcelana i pięknie skomponowany stół.Pozdrawiam z POLSKI! Ella

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your table setting. I am sure all the other ladies had an enjoyable day. I love that art in the first photo. So unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely setting, Fabby! The dishes are so pretty. I am sure the Rosary ladies loved it. What a wonderful tradition, we all need to pray more! Thanks for taking the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

  31. You always set such a beautiful table. I love the pretty dishes and all the pretty pieces that match it! I hope your weekend is wonderful and your Pink Saturday was the best! Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Fabby...I would die for such a lovely teaset, with the teacups and saucers plus plates to match! I wish I had your flair for finding such lovely things. I must go on the hunt for such a complete set, as I only have mis-matched pieces.

    Your new table & chairs are gorgeous & look like they fit the space perfectly, too.

    I need to go back & read some of your latest postings, as I've been AWOL from blogland for a bit. It was nice to visit you again...always such a treat to see your beautiful home!!

    Hugs,
    Rettabug

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE that china, sooo pretty! And the tea/coffee pot is gorgeous. Those placemats are beautifully unique too. Your friends must love to come over.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that you have a tea party for your Rosary friends, Fabby! Your table is so,pretty and you've set it with such pretty dishes. I make English muffin bread, too, and yours looks wonderful. I'd love to be a part of your lovely group.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful and elegant, Fabby - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a pretty table! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY