Wednesday, May 25, 2011

FABBY: Chinese Takeout

 This cute tea set with elephant tea pots and elephant cups and saucers I bought very many years ago, I thought it was so cute!
 A clear shot of the elephant little cup.
 The rectangular platter with hand decorated flowers were made at our former Ceramic Factory.
 This tea pot has a boy on the lid. 
 Here is the charger with the blue  square plate and the lions handle white soup bowl.
 I used this pretty plant from the "fern" family to give it an oriental look to the table.
 The flower decorated platters.
 The cobalt chargers with the three square plates, a white, yellow and blue. The entire tablescape. The chinese place mats I bought in Pier I, very many years ago in N.Y.C.
 The elephant tea cups and one of the 8 cups and saucers the set came with.

I took this photos this morning, before lunch with my mother every wednesday, as I had lots of things to do  with my hubby, pertaining to our imports business.  I  made a simple tablescape with square plates in solid colors, I put them on top of cobalt blue chargers and with two  flowered rectangular platters,... all this were made at our former Ceramic Factory. The white onion soup bowls with the lion handels, I bought them for 79 cts. each a few years  ago, so I gave my two daughters, 8 each and I kept 8 myself.  I love them for cream soups or, tomato soup with a hot  cheese sandwich  in cold nights. Today we had chinese take out because I  had no time for cooking.  The chinese food was great,  chicken egg drop  soup, fried rice with chicken and shrimp, wanton skins, chinese noodles with vegetables and green tea to wash down the food.  
I'm linking to: 
TABLESCAPE THURSDAY AT:   http://betweennapsontheporch,blogspot.com/
VINTAGE THINGIE THURSDAY
OPEN HOUSE THURSDAY
FEATHERED NEST FRIDAY
FLAUNT IT FRIDAY
FAVORITE THINGS SATURDAY
Thanking so much to the wonderful hostesses and to the  friends that will visit my post, I'm always very thankful and thrilled to hear from you!    Lots of hugs and blessings, to  all of you.
FABBY

33 comments:

  1. Yur table is so adorable Fabby! Love the elephant set and yor dishes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chinese take-out never looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Fabby. The elephant tea set is so cute. The flower plates are lovely. Everything goes together so well. Your dinner sounded great too. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby, this is FABULOUS! Especially since it involves my favorite: Chinese Food! LOL! Seriously, those little cups are so adorable with the trunk, but the prettiest are your flower dishes from your factory...GORGEOUS, such pretty colors. And did you ever try Gyoza? (That's Japanese though!) and how about Lo Mein (Chinese)? My son and I get it all the time: Chicken Lo Mein (no mushrooms!) and it is delicious! (Noodles with chicken and vegs in a nice sauce.) Try it sometime! And General Tsao's Chicken is delicious too. Boneless chicken pieces, a little spicy; or Sesame Chicken is great too. Oh, and how about Sweet and Sour Chicken? Oh, this is delicious too. It's a battered white meat chicken. YUM. Try it! NOW can you see how obsessed I am about chinese food?? :)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun and whimsical pieces, I'd love to join you for Chinese and a cup of tea!

    Hugs, Sherri:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... everything is so beautiful.
    Love, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love your flowered plates:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever tea set, how it is designed. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed my visit with you. You set a nice table. My sister would give anything to have that elephant tea set. She likes tea sets and elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love the cheerful little plate! It just pulls everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More great dishes! Love the painted platters. I think it's all the colors on them that appeal to me so much. The little elephant tea set is charming and yes very very cute. A great setting for take out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your elephant tea set is so unique and sweet! Your plates are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blue and whites, Fabby! And I love the square flowered trays. You can use them as chargers too, perfect for square plates...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww love the elephants, what a sweet table and perfect for your take-out!!
    Jannet

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your elephant tea set.Love it all. Have a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE those little square floral plates! :) So sweet!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabby, what a charming table! The little elephant tea pots are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Chinese food....your table looks so great!
    The flower plates are my favorite....a beautiful combination!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Fabby,

    I love this table. That elephant tea set is one of the cutest I've ever seen! Your flowered ceramic platters are lovely, and the solid blue plates as well. And I'm definitely a fan of the lion's head soup bowls. I going to have to get some of those. This is a charming table for Chinese takeout. Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your elephant tea set is so unique and sweet and your Chinese take-out lunch sounds yummy. I really love the square flower plates! Have a wonderful weekend! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, you KNOW I love your tea set! I love Blue and white AND elephants!!!! This is perfect! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Fabby!
    I love those elephants, so cute! Great table and lunch sounds delicious, just like the Chinese restaurants in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun tablescape! Thanks for visiting and leaving your kind comment.
    Have a great weekend!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet table!! I would love to get my hands on those floral plates!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stopping by again to say thank you for joining TTF! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tablescape,love the elephant additions, just perfect for Chinese! Thanks for linking up with VIF,
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely, LOVELY tablescape! Thank you so much for coming over and joining us at Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your tablescape is simply gorgeous, Fabby and I love the theme...Chinese take-outs. All your china is simply gorgeous and goes so perfectly with your theme... loving the cute elephants cups and the white onion soup bowls. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a lovely weekend!~Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Fabby! Thank you for sharing your lovely table at my party. The tea set is adorable.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this Chinese Take-Out table setting. Now you have me craving Chinese food!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a charming table~ I love your pretty dishes and those little elephant cups are too cute!! Thanks for sharing at my party this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so cute. I can't wait to do Chinese takeout again and do a bit more decorating as you did. I love your blog, just finding it today through a comment you left on Beautiful Cielo's blog. I think your daughter and granddaughters are beautiful, and you, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY