Monday, September 11, 2017

First Fall Luncheon for my nephew


Hello sweet friends !

Our dear nephew is here visiting us from NYC, where he lives. He graduated from Berklee College of Music in Boston two years ago. 

Now he resides and works in NYC as a 'Music Producer and Engineer' and we are so proud of him.

My first Fall 2017 table is fixed for six cause one guest confirmed after I took the pics, therefore, we are seven today, Monday...September 11, a very sad day Americans will never forget.

I invited him, his parents, my brother and his wife, hubby's sister... my mother, (his grandma) and a bother in law for a luncheon in his honor.

I'm preparing a special dish Daniel loves called 'Churrasco' which is beef stake with white rice, two fried eggs, potato fries and a lettuce, avocado salad with tomatoes and onions. Dessert will be mother's 'Sweet-plantain Cake,' we love. Wine and coffee.

I chose for a table setting my black and white pumpkins and pitcher which were DIYed last year for me by a good friend's husband... some of you might remember.
Calla as flowers to keep the white going with my white stone wear everyday china.

Continue prayers for Florida. May God bless Miami, Tampa and all the affected places from the devastating hurricane.
 
Prayers for the people of Mexico who underwent a horrific and devastating earthquake. Very, very sad times indeed.

This is my first share of "Fall white 2017" tablescape.


DIYed black and white 'MacKenzie-Childs style' pumpkins and old silver pitcher.



I arranged the centerpiece on a tray that goes with the chargers. Some natural dried fern branches.


I used here my white stone wear china. The napkin rings are some in a form of a sunflower and others in a dry leaf shape.

Some of you who follow me might have seen my $20 new soup tureen with Fleur de Lys.

More fall leaves napkin rings.


The calla-lily is from the garden of our condo.



Tea, coffee and dessert buffet setting.

I used the Calla to continue with the white and to keep a more manly style to the setting.


I'm making pineapple fresh juice for the Fleur de Lys white pitcher.



Thank you for your kind comments dear friends, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will join this week:

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

Tuesdays with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarde.com

Wildly Original
http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

Share Your Style
www.21rosemarylane.com

Wonderful Wednesday
http://ohmyheartsygirl.com

Create Link Inspire Party
http://lifesavesavory.com

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net





Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

The SCOOP
http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com

Tuesdays at our Home
http://mariaelenasdesign.blogspot.com

Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmof home.blogspot.com
Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Share Your Cup
http://jannolson.blogspot.com

Home and Garden Thursday
www.adelightsomelife.com

Wow Us Wednesday
www.savvysouthernstyle.net

Vintage Charm Party
www.ourhopefullhome.com

Feathered Nest Friday
www.frenchcountrycottage.net

"Anything Goes" PINK Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Friday Feature Link Party
http://ohmyheartsygirl.com

Share it one More Time
www.onemoretimevents.com

Home Matters Linky Party
http://lifewithlorelai.com

Dishing it & Digging it
www.lifeandlinda.com

The Fabulous Party Link every day
http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com

Amaze Me Monday
www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.blogspot.com

Best of the Weekend
http://mstoodygooshoes.blogspot.com












 

30 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère Fabby,

    Je suis extrêmement heureuse de visiter aujourd'hui ton univers. Il y avait si longtemps !! Il est vrai que l'été m'a fait boudée les blogs !
    Une telle belle table à l'honneur ! Ton neveu doit être fier et doit certainement apprécier cette délicatesse qui te caractérise. Tout me semble parfait...
    Une belle harmonie de couleurs... qui apporte du bien-être.

    Gros bisous 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablescape is gorgeous. I love your pumpkins, so pretty in black and white. The menu sounds devine, now I am starving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did black and white for your musician nephew Fabby! Kind of like the notes! The menu sounds divine as well! Hope all is well dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love the pumpkins and the napkin rings. Your nephew is a very lucky guy to have a fabulous auntie like you.
    Joyously,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous white porcelain,a classic!Love your napkin rings and tablecloth(I don't know the correct name in English).The callas are pretty and elegant.Churrasco is a very popular dish here in Brazil,so delicious.My son wants to be a musician,I hope he becomes one!Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Fabby. Of course I love the black and white MacKenzie-Childs style centerpiece. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely Fabby. Congratulations to your nephew and would you please post the recipe for your plantain cake, my family all love plantains. Usually we fry and salt or double fry and then I just found a different recipe but would love to try your cake. Thanks


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is so elegant! Love the hand painted pumpkins in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear..
    Thanks a lot for visiting my page.. I'm following you, will you follow me back please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabby, what a beautiful table and I love the black/white pumpkins! The setting is so elegant and the menu sounds delicious! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby, what a beautiful table and I love the black/white pumpkins! The setting is so elegant and the menu sounds delicious! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Fabby,
    Indeed, posted on a very tragic day... We never ought to forget those that got killed on 9/11.
    What an honor for your visiting nephew to receive such a yummy luncheon.
    Love the table setting and your calla lilies.
    Yes, the tragic hurricanes have crippled two of our states, Texas and Florida.
    We even got our share in Georgia but luckily we had no damage, only power outage for 8 hours and no Internet and TV for 2 days.
    Some people in our town are still without power!
    So many big trees fell on the power lines and also on homes and cars...
    Sad thing for Mexico and so many people need our prayers and support!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Fabby. those dishes are gorgeous. Loving your play on Mackenzie-Childs. I am blown away by the beauty of the soup tureen and the pitcher. Exceptionable table. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Table with pretty lilies. The table wares are awesome. Hope you had a lovely time. Love and Hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Dear Fabby,
    I love when you do your 'MacKenzie-Childs style' thing! I keep telling myself I'm going to paint pumpkins black and white ... we'll see! Beautiful table. What a talented nephew you have! Thanks for checking up on me. Always so nice to have you visit.
    Hugs ----

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful table and the menu sounds divine. The black and white pumpkins are a real eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an elegant table setting! Your Churrasco made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your black and white pumpkins are wonderful. I've not seen those before. I hope your nephew showed off some of his musical skills for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How elegant! I love everything here, particularly that eye-catching, MacKenzie-Child's-inspired centerpiece and that gorgeous tureen. I would love to dine here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the addition of the gold pumpkin to the black and white, just a lovely table!!
    Thank you for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features and the mention in the list!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty fall table- and the menu you served sounds delicious! The black and white pumpkins are wonderful and made for a gorgeous centerpiece. It's been exhausting how many disasters have occured lately. I surely hope things will calm down and pray for all those who's lives have been turned upside down. I almost forgot- love the new tureen and pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabby,
    Your tablescapes are always amazing!! This one is so pretty !! Love the black and white pumpkins!! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to your nephew! What a beautiful table to celebrate around. Love your centerpiece, your friend did a wonderful job on the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tablescapes are always so beautiful, Fabby! I really like the black and white pumpkins....I've been seeing a lot of those around blogland.

    Yes, prayers continue for Florida, Texas, and all the islands that were hit so hard by Irma. And now Jose is on the way!

    Hope you enjoyed your nephew's visit.
    Warm hugs, sweet friend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous table! Love the pumpkins and the tureen (I'm a collector myself). Sounds like you had a lovely celebration of your nephew:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  26. The soup tureen is a hit! I would love to start a collection, but I have nowhere to display them.☹️ Such a pretty celebration table! Side note: For some reason I not receiving email alerts when you post. I can't find the button to re-subscribe on your blog. Where is it? I hate missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats to your Nephew and what a beautiful spread you have and the choice food Delete repeated word for him. Thank you kindly for comment to hubby and I with our Anniversary on Sept 16 of this year. Your home is beautiful must be huge with such a big table.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations to your nephew Dear Fabby. I just love your table and all the dishes. I have never seen a black and white pumpkin. Love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so pretty! I love that it says fall without the typical colors. I'll be featuring your tablescape at Best of the Weekend tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful table! Have a Happy weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY