Monday, April 10, 2017

He has Risen - Easter Setting


Hello sweet friends!

This is Holy Week and I set up a table for Rosary and for Easter Sunday coming up.

Here is what we used to do Easter Sunday when we were kids, my two brothers and I:
 We always went to the city, (Manhattan) for Mass at ST. PATRICK'S CATHEDRAL, to watch the Easter parade, to see the Rockets Spring Show and have a late lunch, with our parents. For us kids it was always a treat when dad took us to 'the city' as New Yorkers call it. Dad drove us there and enjoyed it too. Such great memories I treasure dearly.

As many of you know I lived in Astoria-Queens.

Besides the fact that the custom in NY was that we had to wear a brand new outfit for Easter Sunday and my mom and me wore hats. She looked like a blond beautiful Jacqueline Kennedy in her pillbox style hat and her channel type suit, the style of the moment.

The custom here in Ecuador is, to have a special 'hardy harvest soup,' with grains and Cod stew, which you also add to the soup in a small portion.  Really delish, although I'm not crazy about grains, but it is quite yummy. 

There are small hand pies to go along with it, plantain chips, hard boil eggs; all these things you can add to the soup if you wish and these would be the only meal.
Dessert is usually 'Rice Pudding.'

Now, here is my table setting for this Easter Sunday and for the Rosary there after, the following Wednesday.


HE HAS RISEN TO THE FATHER'S SIDE TO REIGN FOR ETERNITY FOR US, HIS CHILDREN.
             
ALLELUJAH !


MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES THIS EASTER SUNDAY.




I know you're probably thinking... those same teacups again!!
Well, you see, I only had four of them, it so happened I could never use them much cause I have more then that for the rosary and for other teas with friends.
My question for you is:  I could never order four more teacups and dessert plates because these dishes come with the store's name in the back, therefore I have no reference for them. But just now they brought in more in the store, so I did buy four more pieces, but I still want to know...So if anyone knows, or has, please let me know the brand.     Thank you in advance !



HE HAS RISEN...ALLELUJAH !

The centerpiece inside my clotch I created it religious for an Easter luncheon.

I mixed and matched with yellow and green dinner plates, for a Spring pastel look, along with pink napkins, where I placed in each a small bird's nest with tiny quarrel eggs, lol..

The water glasses are pink and lilac. The one stems come in various colors even black.







I used my old big Canon camera and the pics came out sort of darkish, it seems.
I lent my daughter Sofia my new small Canon camera for her trip to Europe with her family. 


Bird nests on top of each napkin.





Thank you so much dear friends for your sweet and kind comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

HAPPY ESTER TO YOU ALL !

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:

Make it Pretty Monday
 www.thededicatedhouse.com

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

Tuesdays at Our Home.
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

The SCOOP
http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com

Dishing it & Digging it
www.lifeandlinda.com

Tuesdays with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Talk of the Town
www.beyondthepicketfence.com

Wow Us Wednesday
www.savvysouthernstyle.net

Wildly Original
http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

Share Your Cup
http://jannolson.blogspot.com

Share Your Style
www.21rosemaylane.com

Home and Garden Thursday
www.adelightsomelife.com

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Hopping Thursday Favorite Things
http://katherinescorner.com

"Anything Goes" PINK Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Home Matters Linky Party
http://lifewithlorelai.com

Saturday Sparks
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

Tuesday Cuppa Tea
www.antiquesandteacups.info

Friends Sharing Tea
http://blog.berneedins.com

Teacup Tuesday
www.marthasfavorites.com

The Art of Homemaking Monday
http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com

Simple Saturday
www.sunnysimplelife.com





















 

19 comments:

  1. Fabby- That looks so very pretty. I don't know the maker of those cups but they are beautiful and I can see why you want more of them. Everything is just perfect--from the different colored plates to the sweet little bird nests. You did a wonderful job. I hope you have a very blessed Easter week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dishes. Have a wonderful Easter and God bless you and family.


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Celebration of Easter table Fabby! You have created a wonderful place for food, fellowship, love and Celebration of the Resurrection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the cloche and the nests on the napkins. Pretty colors too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Fabby- your Easter tablescape is stunning.

    And I love love love your teacup china. It's perfect for a spring/summer/Easter table!

    I am sooooo happy you found more of that pretty set! : - )

    Have a blessed Holy Week.

    Hugs and prayers and love. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!
    You always create such beautiful tablescapes and this one is just stunning!!
    Happy Easter to you and your family!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Fabby, your tables always look beautiful, whatever the occasion. The only thing I know about those teacups is that they are beautiful. I always enjoy it when you share something about the Ecuadorian culture. I hope you and your family have a beautiful Easter!

    Warm hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The teacups are beautiful! Your table is so pretty and filled with Spring and Easter. Happy Eater to you my friend and may God bless you for all that you for others. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table Fabby. Love your centerpiece with the cloche and the different colors of the bands on the china. Sweet little nests on the napkins. Happy Easter. He is risen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabby, what a beautiful table! I love the scene with the sheep under your cloche. So very sweet!! Wishing you a very Happy Easter. Childhood memories are the best! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece of writing about your childhood memories of Easter. How nice to think back and cherish the time gone by. As usual you have created a beautiful table. Everything looks pretty. Wishing you and your family Happy Easter. Lots of love to you. Sujatha:) PS: I have sent a mail to you on FB. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Fabby- your table is so pretty. Love the cloche with the cross and lambs. The china is very pretty. I have a pattern that reminds me of it but it's not the same. Wishing you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Fabby, Happy Easter to you and yours! You tell such a beautiful story. Easter is always a favorite of mine. I was raised Catholic and have many fond memories of the Easter season and its celebration SONday! My mother would take my sister and I to the House of Paris and purchase a new hat for each one of us. She would also buy us outfits at Crews Beggs Department store where her cousin Rose worked in the girls dept. She always kindly gave us her employee discount and my sister and I were always fashionable.
    Your table is set lovingly and so beautiful. You have such an artistic hand for this. I am grateful Jesus lives still and loves us and wants us all to join Him in eternity one day.
    Thanks for the memories and the beautiful post. I hope you will visit soon. HUGS Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Easter dear Fabby! Aren't the different customs so interesting? I remember wearing a new dress, hat, and gloves on Easter Sunday to go to church. You always set a lovely table, Fabby. So nice to have you stop by for a visit. Have a beautiful weekend, my friend.

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Fabby. A very blessed Easter to you. I've only been to the Cathedral once and it was on Saint Patrick's Day many years ago. Breath taking. You have set a lovely table. Absolutely beautiful. I could visualize the hats! Wish more woman wore hats these days. That would be such fun.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your table is lovely and I'm so happy for you finding more of those gorgeous teach cups! Happy Easter, dear Fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How pretty! I love the color combination you chose! I think my favorite detail though are those sweet little bird nests! Thank you for sharing this lovely post at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't help with the pattern name but they sure are pretty, Fabby. I also love your religious centerpiece. Happy Easter!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tablescapes always amaze me!....Always so exquisite with such attention to detail like the gorgeous cloche featuring the sacred Cross. Beautiful colors so wonderfully presented for your Easter table. Your family and friends must always be delighted when sitting at a table so lovingly created by you!...Happy Spring Fabby!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY