Wednesday, October 22, 2014

FABBY: An Autumn Dinner Party


Hello sweet friend!

        This Thursday night we are hosting a dinner party for eight, therefore I decided on setting my table with the dishes I designed in Mr. Living's former Ceramic Factory-Monte Turi. The pottery dishes are an inspiration on the indigenous women of Ecuador's embroidered beautiful apparel.

The pottery has hand decorated birds, flowers and orange Fall tones, along with cobalt blue; so I decided my friends will love them, as they are not on sale anymore.

The dough bowl is arranged with mostly pinecones and small gourds around it to match. You will probably see my dough bowl from here to the holidays, lol..

Anyhow, let's get on with the pics instead!

Here it goes.


Dishes by Ceramica Monte Turi; our former factory.

Dough bowl decorated with pinecones, gourds, little pumpkins and orange candle...flanked by antique, church bronze candle sticks gifted to us by my dear Mil way, way back.

Hand made place mats that look like daisies, or lets just call them 'sunflowers' for today.

I will be serving cream of veggies, as I love it on a chilly evening.

Stroganoff, baked potatoes and a green salad, for a second course. 
Pumpkin pie for dessert. Tea or coffee.

The place set: dinner plate, salad plate and cream bowl with handles.

Oil and Vinegar bottles.

Gravy boat...I once did a post on the 350 pieces this china set has.

A little salt seller with real gourds and a ceramic rustic pumpkin.

In the other side, another rustic green ceramic pumpkin with real gourds and a salt shaker.

The beautiful yellow roses was a gift for my b'day last Monday from my Bil, who owns a professional rose farm called "Altaflor."


The napkin holders look like candy cause they are orange glass rings.

There's something 'primitive' about wood bread bowls that I just love about them!

I added green water glasses for an extra pop of color.

Love my bread bowl, so I'm keeping it for the holidays too and will be replacing the orange candle for a green come C'mas.

The amber wine stems are Italian.

I'm also keeping my bread bowl for my next Rosary gathering next Wednesday.

Thank you sweet friends for your kind comments, as you always make my day!

Thanking the gracious and lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties and specially to the kind and generous ladies that honor in featuring my posts.

Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday
FABULOUS Fall Linky Party
Jann for Share your Cup Thursday
Terri for A Creative Princess
Richella for Grace at Home

LOVE,
FABBY

I will be joining:

Have a daily Cup of Mrs. Olson   http://jannolson.blogspot.com
Wednesday's Adorned from Above   www.adornedfromabove.com
I's a Party   http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.com
Home and Garden Thursday   www.adelightsomelife.com
Tablescape Thursday   http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Creative Ways Party   www.posedperfection.com
What's it Wednesday   www.blogger.com
Thursday Favorite Things   http://katherinescorner.com
The Homemaking Party   www.hopeineneryseason.com
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME   http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com
Inspire Me Tuesday   www.astrollthrulife.net

Simple and Sweet Fridays   http://rotedinthyme.blogspot.com
Grace at Home   www.impartinggrace.com
Home Sweet Home   http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
The Inspiration Gallery   www.craftberrybush.com
Before and After Wednesday   www.thededicatedhouse.com
Junking Joe and Party   http://thecottagemarket.com
Saturday Show Off   http://malevikrosentradgard.blogspot.com
Say G'Day Saturday   www.natashainoz.com
Say G'Day Saturday   http://whatsonthelist.net
CLIMB   http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
The Bouquet of Talent   www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

Saturday Sparks Party   http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com
DIY Showcase Linky Party   www.vmg206.com
Social Media Mixer   http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
Creative Mondays   www.clairejustinexoxo.com
Make it Monday   http://distresseddonnadownhome.blogspot.com
Amaze Me Monday   www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com
Inspire Me Monday   www.createwithjoy.com
A Return to Loveliness   www.adelightsomelife.com
Tuesdays at our Home   http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com
Show and Share   http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com

THE SCOOP at:   www.stonegableblog.com  www.cedarhillfarmhouse.com 
http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com   www.worthingcourtblog.com
 























 



40 comments:

  1. I want to sit at your table and be a guest at one of your fabulous dinner parties. This table is full of autumn glory, Fabby. The hand painted dishes are treasures. Happy Autumn, my friend.

    ReplyDelete


  2. Dear Fabby....You have done it so beautifully. Your decor of the table and your designs on the ceramics. Truly a Autumn table with the Autumn elements.The table is flashing with vibrant colours.Love and hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each time I see one of your settings I just fall in love with it and think this is my favorite. You are so talented Fabby! This one is so elegant and breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby, your table is so beautiful with the fall theme and your gorgeous dishes! It would be wonderful to enjoy a meal in your home. Have a great day! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! The colors are so warm and inviting, makes me just want to sit down and enjoy the meal and company!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore dough bowls, yours makes a beautiful centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and colorful table. I always enjoying seeing these dishes in one of your tablescapes. Your menu sounds delicious. I know you all will have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby,
    So beautiful!! Your tablescapes are always so fantastic!! I love the touches of green...
    Thanks for dropping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your china pattern. It/you set a fabulous table. :) Lucky folks who get invited to your house for a dinner party. Cute Halloween decorations on your side board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fabby,
    Gorgeous Fall table for sure.
    Love all the orange and green, and
    your china is so colorful and pretty.
    Great job as always.

    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Fabby,
    That makes such a happy and warm table and so good to eat a creamed vegetable soup from this china! You were quite a design talent.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Fabby, Your table setting is beautiful. I love the dishes. They are festive and so pretty. The glasses give a nice pop of color and the Italian wine glasses are simply beautiful. I think your guest will be very honored that you put so much thought and consideration and made everything so beautiful. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Fabby, que bella tu mesa de Fall tu bajilla es maravillosa que pena que ya no tienes tu fabrica para podete compra esa bellesa
    todas tu tablescape son muy bonitas
    fabby como hace para cambiar la pagina en tu blog me encantaria hacerlo en el mio pero no se como hacerlo si fueras tan amable y me emai como hacerlo porque hay blogeras que lo hacen pero como todo te cobran mucho dinero
    yo lo he tratado pero no me sale soy un poco tonta con eso del blog muchas cosas no las entiendo como hacerlas
    te lo agradeceria mandamelo en english pra que mi hija me allude
    gracias y beso y muchas bendicione
    Happy Fall
    XOX
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lucky guests you have! What a beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful! And I LOVE how you gave us the menu as well!! Sometimes I wonder if people actually USE the beautiful tablescapes they create! We all know YOU do! Plus I always smile when I see the photos taken from above looking straight down at the table. Once you described how you did this and I have never forgotten! ALWAYS makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the perfect dishes for a fall table! So colorful and cheery. You have set a beautiful table with your dough bowl. Such a pretty dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your table is stunning, Fabby. The dinnerware is gorgeous; vibrant, wonderful colors. Your guests will feel so special. Have fun! ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually, orange goes very wll with brass. Beautiful dishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your table is just stunning, my friend. I love your dishes and I know you already know that. Beautiful colors and just perfect for Fall....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabby your setting is so Fall like.

    Colors are so warm but so his Fall. Fall is a delightful colors. One of my fav Seasons.

    Taking time to sit and enjoy some blogs today and yours is one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As I scrolled through your post, these photos actually took my breath away. Love, love, love! Those dishes are beautiful, and your table is very elegant. Love all the bright colors and the way the stemware picks up on the color scheme. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your table is lovely! Just lovely. My family would fall over in a dead faint if I ever set a table like that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning! I adore those dishes...and the glassware too. You have so many beautiful pieces! You know there's 1 thing on my Bucket List that includes you ~ visiting your lovely home, having a great conversation and a wonderful meal. :)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a colorful and inviting autumn table you created! Thanks for sharing it with us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great Fall display, so inviting, happy dining!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely and vibrant Fabby. I am sure your dinner parties must be lots of fun.

    Have a blessed week


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  27. G'day! STUNNING FABBY! Thanks for sharing at our #SayGdayParty! Please make sure to revisit if you haven't already and say G'day to the hosts and someone else at the party! Cheers! Joanne @ What's On The List Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, I think this is my latest favorite set, and I think I say that each time I see one of your tablescapes. But really, this set is gorgeous! I love the blues mixed with the oranges and some bits of green. Enjoy your beautiful Autumn dinner party dear Fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful settings Fabby :) love the Pumpkins, pine-cones and the beautiful dinnerware..

    Thanks for linking up #CreativeMondays

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh Fabby, those dishes you designed are gorgeous and perfect for a fall table!! I wish I could be a guest at your table.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hola, Fabby. It was so nice to see your comment on Maria's visit to Chickadee Home! We actually talked about you and wished you could've joined us! The conversation was quite lively; you would've loved it, I'm sure! Your table is the perfect array of color...all the intensity is gorgeous! The dishes, as always, are FAB(by) :), and the placemats a perfect complement. Beautiful as always, Fabby! Carinos para todos. ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another exciting table from you!! Very festive,love the dishes.....it's all so welcoming and warm.....looks like a celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow Fabby, another fabulous tablescape. Your dishes are stunning and I love your centerpieces. So beautiful.
    Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. How artfully arranged with the colors and textures. The dinnerware is very decorative and colorful. Thank you for sharing at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Fabby,
    I love the tablescape. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. We hope to see you at tonight's party.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well Fabby it is gorgeous! And Fabulous! Come over and join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my goodness, Fabby, your table is so beautiful! You always have the most fabulous dishes. I have a large platter & giant bowl that has the same colors, and I think they look so perfect together. Your dough bowl is beautiful and will look equally as perfect when you dress it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  38. How did I miss this post? So gorgeous! 350 pieces?! The pottery is just beautiful Fabby. The sunflower placemats are perfect, as are the goblets, flatware, candlesticks. The bread bowl is wonderful; I can see you'll be able to use that for many a centerpiece.
    And a brother in law who owns a rose farm? What could be better? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Colorful delight!Love all the pumpkins :)
    Visiting from Make it Monday
    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello Fabby, your tablescape is absolutely gorgeous! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY