Sunday, March 9, 2014

FABBY: Tea Time With The Girls


Hello sweet friends!

            My g'girls Victoria and Cayetana are spending a couple of weeks with us, since this is their summer vacation in their part of the world, which is the coast region of Ecuador. The weather in Guayaquil-Ecuador is very hot and humid when they're on vacation and milder when they go back to school at the end of April.

We've done tons of things so far, like going on tours of the city, horse back riding, picnics, going out for tea with the greatgrand and of course, baking with Abe, (that's me!). It's been such fun, as my cuties are so happy, cheery, funny and very smart, lol!

I've set a table for them with a little tea china I have for the girls when they come here and of course, I fixed tea vignettes for the adults as well. You will see it all.

Hope you like it. Have a great week!


Buffet setting for tea. I am inspired by tonight's Downton Abbey. I can't wait till it's 8pm to watch the new season!



I just need a Butler so he can serve us turkey in the silver fowl cover...hehehee



Another setting for tea.

Tea with some cupcakes the girls made and we'll be having it on the red English transfer ware.

They did a great job baking these chocolate chip cupcakes with me, here in the Lady Carlyle two tier serving.
I was crying at the end of Downton Abbey's last scene when Lady Mary showed up at the meeting table, lol!

I love my complete tea service in the ever lovely English red transfer ware. The set I have contains 12 teacups, saucers, 12 salad plates, or in this case, cake plates maybe? The Tea service you see here, the platter in the back and two salad bowls, a big one and a small one.

The lovely Candy bowl by Meissen with the girls playing hide and seek.


My Little bakers, who didn't want me to comb their hairs...they hate it, lol!

Yummy cupcakes!

Drinking English blueberry tea...not like Downton Abbey, though, they didn't want me to comb their hair...heheheheee..

Oh goodness, there's more cupcakes in the oven!

Mother invited us for tea at a lovely tea parlor. Here while they waited for their cake and ice-cream.
 
It's been raining hard today and here is the lovely river out my breakfast room window. 
The lovely noise is like a burble and ripple as the water runs when it's full like today. 
I love the sound that it makes, it gives me such soothing pleasure... I adore the river and there are four rivers running through the city of Cuenca, to my satisfaction! 

Hubby and I walk briskly this path around the river, three times a week, as the alternating days I go to the gym for Spinning classes.

The view of the same river from the other side, out the den window of our apartment high rise. The Andean mountains are in the back of the forest, but today it's so cloudy and foggy you an hardly see them.

Thank you so much lovely friends for your sweet and kind visit, you always make my day!

Thanking the gracious hostesses for having me at their great parties each week.

LOVE,
FABBY

Easy Giant Chocolate Chips Cupcakes

7 tablespoons butter or margarine
Heaping 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
Heaping 1/2 cup or self rising flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preparation:

You will need an 8 cupcake tin, lined with a paper cup.
Pre-heat oven to 350F.
In a standing beater beat margarine,sugar, eggs, and self rising flour.
Add the chocolate chips and stir. Finally pour batter evenly in 6 tin cups.
Bake for 20-25 minutes; until they're Golden on top.
Let them cool in a cooling rack.

I will be joining:


Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday at,  http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Masterpiece Monday at,  http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Make it Pretty Monday at,  http://www.thededicatedhouse.com
A Return to Loveliness at,  http://adelightsomelife.blogspot.com
Cindy for Amaze Me Monday at,  http://dwellingstheheartofyourhome.blogspot.com
Inspire Me Monday at,  http://createwithjoy.blogspot.com
Motivate Me Monday at,  http://keepingitsimple.blogspot.com
Mix it up Monday at,  http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com
Weekday Mixer Social Media Link up at,  http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
Ivonne for The Scoop at,  http://www.stonegable.com
Martha for Tea Cup Tuesday at,  http://www.marthasfavorites.com
Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday at,  http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com
Ruth for Tuesday Cuppa Tea at,  http://www.antiquesandteacups.com
Kathe for You're Gonna Love It at,  http://www.kathewithane.com
Angie for Knick of Time Tuesday at,  http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Paula and Patty for What's It Wednesday at,  http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Wake Up Wednesday at,  http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
Barnideen for Friends Sharing Tea at,  http://blog.bernideens.com
Tea Cup Tuesday at,  http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com
Centerpiece Wednesday at,  http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com






I will be participating in Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Savvy Southern Style







 

42 comments:

  1. What fun to see a special tea set up for your beautiful granddaughters. I am sure they LOVE visiting you because you make them feel so special. Isn't it fun to spoil them just a bit?

    I love the red transferware. You know it is a favorite of mine..and the cupcakes the girls helped bake- are perfect.

    I don't think there is anything like water running along like that. It is so soothing and really God's music, I think.

    Hope you have a really good week with your sweet girls. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet granddaughters will have such special memories of the teas you and your mother share with them! Those cupcakes look delicious and your settings are so lovely. You have a beautiful view from your home! How lucky you are to have such a sight each day!! Enjoy the rest of your G-daughters visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and the grands are having so much fun. They are so precious. I am sure you cherish these moments with them. Gorgeous views out the windows. Enjoy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to welcome your Grand kids Fabby! Sharing your routine that you do with friends with THEM! I bet they will have a grand time with you for sure! Love the sound of running water too and in our country, that is always LUCKY, and I think it's true for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful...both the tablescaping and your family!!
    Thanks so much for your visits and I am sorry that I had not gottten to return your visit sooner....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Fabby what a view you have from your apartment. Breathtaking! I know I said it before but that river adds an extra treat to the eyes and yes I love the sound of it, so relaxing and soothing. I love your collection of red transferware and the buffet hutch. Looked like the girls enjoyed your tea party.
    Hope you have a good week my friend.

    Hugs,

    Aida

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous area that you live in.... the girls are beautiful and are fortunate to have you as their abuela...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful set up! I love your china! I know you are enjoying your time with your little bakers. :) Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that yellow spread.
    You are lucky to walk by that gushing stream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the presentation of the tea set and tea table.

    The color of table cloth and the painting is fabulous, it is like full of sunshine, so happy and cheerful.

    Take care,
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a wonderful time with your sweet granddaughters, Fabby. I'm sure they really enjoyed visiting with you and learning many things about baking and tea and china. Fun things for girls. The views from your windows are so nice. Have a lovely week. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear FAbby,

    What a lovely young ladies. They are so pretty. How, I love to see my first grandchild in July.

    Thank you Fabby, for praying my safety and taking away my sorrows, my worries and heal my heart. I love you for making my day. A wonderful friend, that I will cherish our special friendship, forever.

    God Bless you and the girl.

    x0x0..
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so loved your tea tables!!! The red transfer-ware service is lovely and makes a beautiful showing on the grown -up buffet. I like your Serves figurine of the little girls playing "hide and seek", too!!
    And what a cheerful, pretty little tea set the girls have to use!! A lovely, bright color! Their cupcakes look delicious, too. I am sure they love visiting with you and helping you cook and bake!!
    I have four little grand-girls who all had pretty, long hair and NONE of them ever wanted to let me comb it!!! LOL Most be a "thing" with them!!!
    You live in a lovely area, Fabby...so many pretty places near-by to enjoy!
    But best of all is enjoying those little grand-girls, and they are growing up so fast!! Such beautiful children, as I have said before.......take advantage of them now for soon they will be teenagers and that is a whole other world!! LOL I know!!!
    Thank you for sharing, as always, dear....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post.
    Darling granddaughters.
    Love the silver! I collect antique silver pieces and vintage hotel silver.
    Love the photos of the rushing water.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow the river is flowing fast!

    I loved the special tea party you had with your granddaughters. They are so adorable.

    I love the red tea set you have. I think that is my favorite of yours for some reason.

    I loved this post Fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so precious Fabby. You are such a fun and loving grandmother. How wonderful that you get to create such great memories with your beautiful granddaughters. I love the messy hair. And you live in an amazing place. There is so much natural beauty. I also want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your prayers for hubby and I are much welcomed and truly appreciated. You are a kind soul amiga. Que Dios te bendiga.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are creating very special sweet memories for your granddaughters! They're so lucky to have you!
    The river by your place is great and it must be wonderful to wake up to the soothing sound!
    BTW...happy belated anniversary to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was smiling the whole time I read your post. The grownup tea is so beautiful with the pink/red transferware. I'm especially drawn to the girl's tea set. They are so darling baking and taking tea. I can see their happy faces for they are loved and highly entertained by their grands and great grands, Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos and wonderful grandchildren.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabby, what delightful memories you are making for those adorable girls! I love the photos of them in the kitchen - I want to sit down and join them. They look so happy.
    Your tea service is beautiful and I love the paining above the server. The river is beautiful and how nice that you can hear the sounds from your window. Great post - I enjoyed all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabby your tea setting is most inviting and truly gorgeous ... love how you set it up it on the sideboard. Looks like your little darlings are having a great time on holiday and enjoying themselves- great memories being made. Wishing you a beautiful week. C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun to have the girls there. And I think it's wonderful that tea is such a part of your lives as well! I love the red transferware, and the Meissen little girls comport is lovely! The girls look like darlings! I am so glad you had so much fun! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabby, I know having your girls for tea (and break) give you much joy. Love both teasets (yours and the girls). Gorgeous view! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Fabby,
    What pretty girls and aren't they having fun! I adore your red transfer ware, as you know! What fun to have tea using that set! Thank you for joining me for tea today. And Fabby, you forgot to link up, my friend. Enjoy your time with the girls.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such fun! Your grand daughters are just lovely even with uncombed hair. I love your teasets. I have not watched Downton Abbey...I think sometime I will have to buy the whole collection of telecasts and have a marathon of watching.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabby, you left your sweet comment at my party but you forgot to add your tea button on my blog, so that my tea ladies could visit you. This is what I meant.

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dearest Fabby,
    You are such a darling Grandma to your two g'girls Victoria and Cayetana! They're blessed for having you and their greatgrand as well. Never mind their aversion to hair combing during their vacation. It's all about letting your hair down and that means they feel at home!
    Lovely photos and the baking turned out really wel.
    You have such a fabulour view too, the sweet river that runs there below between the green trees...
    Hope you will manage for decades more to stay there and enjoy your treasures with your loved ones.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  27. What darling girls with the elegant lady! I love both of your sideboards. Each is different from the other but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh Fabby, where do I start?? Your granddaughters are beautiful! and look like so much fun. what a good grandma you are. I really liked seeing the views outside your apartment. You live in a beautiful place. Love, love Lady Carlyle, would love to have some. And as I collect red transferware, I loved looking at yours. Especially love the teapot.
    Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you, I love the picture of you at the top right of your blog. You look like such a fun, stylish lady!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely view of the river, Fabby! Your grands are so pretty, whether or not their hairs are combed, lol. A lovely tea party for them and your mom is so smart looking. I love Downton Abbey and I hate that we have to wait until next Jan for the next season....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an elegant tea set, and how lucky you are to live within sight and sound of a river. Would much rather hear that than the traffic noises of my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't get too much time to visit these days with my little boy Fabby but when I do, your blog is such a delight!

    Your granddaughters must have such fun visiting you. I am now forty and (I know you know your English china!) I treasure a few little Coleport side plates that were my late grandma's.

    We call them the 'lilac plates' and when I was little she used to save those plates especially for me to use - happy memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabby your granddaughters are beautiful!! Love your pretty red transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What beautiful buffets! I must admit I really like the set you used to serve your g'girls...it is such a cheery yellow. Thanks for visiting me at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The views from your home are beautiful and the ambiance in your home so lovely! My heart smiles when I see the photos of your sweet granddaughters! Oh, Fabby, they are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this post! I have many tea cups that i collect. If you check out my post there is a tea cup and flowers post. You have some wonderful vintage pieces... Love the sterling tea kettle.
    Take care Maria

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Fabby, that sure looks like a wonderful Downton Abbey tea. Well done. I missed TT this week, but still wanted to check in with you and say that I hope your week is a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dear Fabby, Simply adorable to have tea time and fun time with your granddaughters.
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. My dear Fabby This is a wonderful post.Your grand daughters are adorable.I am sure they would have had great time wit you.I love the beautiful scenic view around your house.Romantic.Love sujatha...:):0

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your beautiful silver dome wow gorgeous
    so grateful to have found your beautiful blog
    Blessings
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your table always looks amazing, Fabby. You make everything so special, especially for your beautiful grands! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your table always looks amazing, Fabby. You make everything so special, especially for your beautiful grands! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a blessing having family to enjoy goodies with! Your red and white tea service Fabby, so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY