Saturday, May 8, 2021

Magnolias for Mother's Day 2021

Hello sweet friends !

I just arrived after spending two weeks at my dear Sofia's house, about three hours away from us. We went to stay with their three kids, our two teenagers and baby boy almost 2 1/2. 

Therefore, again I haven't been around blog land, because time is the least I had.

Anyway I'm back and I'm sharing my 'Mother's Day' tablescape in honor of my sweet mother who is 91 and not to well in her mind, (she forgets a lot.)

I thought of her when I started this tablescape, specially cause she loved this china I brought from Madrid three years ago and I used it for four guests on Mom's Day in her honor, that same year.

I wish everyone of you a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day tomorrow. If you are a mother, a grandmother, or even a great grand ! Of course if you have a dear mother in your life, much more so.


I bought this "Magnolia" bone china dinnerware on my last trip to Spain, to visit our daughter Alexandra who lives there. 

The beautiful store is "El Corte Ingles" and it's what's on the back of the plates. The sales lady told me they were specially manufactured for their store from Portugal.






                I happen to 'ran' into this pretty "runner" with a Magnolia motiff and thought perfect for my Magnolia china for Mother's Day.


               I tried not to cover the Magnolia in the runner, although the center part is.






                             Baked a 'Marble Cake' for my mother who loves it !






                   Flowers from the condo's garden.


                                "Marble Cake" recipe from an old Good Housekeeping magazine. The best, I've made it for decades!




                       

                           Thank you so much dear friends for your sweet comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for their great parties and for so many features I am honored with, from some of you.

                                            LOVE,

                                             FABBY

I will party here:

Saturday Sparks

http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Party

www.acrosstheblvd.com

thursday Favorite Things

www.eclecticredbar.com

You're the Star Blog Hop

www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Love Your Creativity

www.lifeandlinda.com

Inspire Me Tuesday

http://astrolthrulife.net

All About Home

www.commonground-do.com

You're the Star

www.stonecottage adventures.com

Saturday Sparks

http://.piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com



















                                               



13 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! This is one of your most beautiful tables yet. I really like the green.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your table is gorgeous! And that marble cake!!! Oh, my!
    Best wishes to your and your mother on this Mother's Day. 91! That is something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Fabby,
    Happy Mother's Day to you and to your dear Mom and Daughters...!!!
    What a find that perfect Magnolia runner with the other treasures.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby que bien lo has tenido que pasar con tus nietos, aunque entiendo que teniendo todo el tiempo ocupada pero feliz. Qué preciosa mesa te ha quedado elegante y tan bonita..., tengo un Corte inglés delante de mi casa y había visto esa vajilla es preciosa. Imagino lo feliz que harías a tu mamá en el Día de la Madre con ese pastel marmolado, ellas se lo merecen todo. Un beso fuerte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you clever lady. This is another beautiful tablescape. I love how you set your tables and I'm ashamed to admit that I drool over all your gorgeous china.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a stunning table Fabby - and that cake looks delicious!
    We have magnolia trees covering this area of the southeast - they are magnificent with their huge white blooms, and some grow to gigantic heights!
    My good wishes to your dear mother, you too my dear. Stay well - be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Mother's Day to you dear Fabby. What a beautiful table setting. Loving that marble cake and wish I had a slice of it to go with my coffee this morning. Those strawberries looks so heavenly. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your website by accident. I bookmarked it. This article is genuinely good and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging. thanks

    Regards,
    Online Thesis Help

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely, Fabby, and although your mom may forget many things she can always feel your love. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabby,
    I love your table with the magnolols. That cake looks so yummy. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2021/05/thursday-favorite-things-party_13.html.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful the table Fabby. Green and white goes well and red strawberries in the middle breaks the color code. Hope you had a wonderful mothers day celebration with your beautiful mom. Hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabiana, your table looks lovely all set for Mother's Day!!! It's nice that you were able to have your mother over a few years ago to enjoy this pretty china. Hopefully she can come over again soon!

    Happy to feature your beautiful post at this week's Share Your Style #304. <3

    Happy belated Mother's Day hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY