Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Suddenly a Tea Party !


Hello sweet friends !

If there's anything I love is tea time, so I have created this 'impromptu' tea table for six friends for an afternoon tea time visit announcement.

Last year a friend of my mother, who is such talented lady with her hands, and with such amazing gift for dainty crocheting, gifted me these lovely lace teacup doilies, specially for tea time. 
She said they used them in the past. She is in her early 80's.

Anyway, I'm not gonna keep you waiting to see these lovely, sweet and elegant doilies just for tea time. They seem to be Victorian style... my idea, who knows.



Here are the doilies on top of a salad plate, the bread plate and teacup and saucer to finish the stack.



Lemon pound cake.

I love "clotted Cream" on bread with marmalade on top.

The pretty white porcelain pieces with the gold flower around them, where a gift from a good friend and I thought them perfect with my 'Noritake' white china with gold edges.

My mother was crocheting a 'white tablecloth' years ago too, but then she got problems with her back and left it unfinished, so I used it here on top of a pretty linen one. 

Here is the 'teacup doily' so you can see how delicate my mom's friend's work is; she's a very talented lady.



I fixed the flowers on an ironstone pitcher and raised it on a small cake stand to centerstage them.

The white crochet here was made by my dear mother, who is also very talented, but had to stop because of pains on her back. 

The 'clotted-cream' is on an antique small 'Bavarian bowl and plate' that is my MIL's heirloom.




Thank you so much dear friends for your kind comments, you always made my day !

Thanks to all the lovely hostesses for having me at your wonderful parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Share Your Style
http://frenchethereal.net

Vintage Charm Party
http://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
http://eclecticredbar.blogspot.com


Talk of the Town
www.knickoftime.net

Tuesdays with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Home and Garden Thursday
www.adelightsomelife.com

Home Matters Link Party
www.lifewithlorelai.com

Saturday Sparks Link Party
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Love Your Creativity Link Party
www.lifeandlinda.com

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

You're the Star
www.godsgrowinggarden.con

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

All About Home
www.comonground-do.com

Tuesday with a Twist
http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com

22 comments:

  1. Such a lovely tea. I am sure your guests really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tea!!! I love those tea doilies! And I love the word 'doily' That's because my youngest daughter, Amber, says of the way I dress - "Mom! You look just like a little doily!!!" I'm taking that as a compliment.
    I hope your mom is doing well..... love and prayers from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABBY!!!!
    O my goodness! Those tea cup doilies are stunning and so very dainty and pretty!!
    Such a lovely tea setting! And as always, i LOVE your window with the gorgeous view in the background!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with all of us!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love the doilies. I have several that my mother had made. Do you have a recipe for the Lemon Pound cake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've set a beautiful and welcoming table as always. The white crochet that you mom created is stunning and goes provides a fine base. The hand-made doilies are wonderful and I'm encouraged to see such treasures employed. You inspire me Fabby! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fabby! Oh, what a beautiful tea table you've set! Your friends must feel so special when they are invited to your house! Now the white crocheted table cloth your mother made is so lovely and it looks perfect on your table. The doilies are so pretty too! I crochet and know there is a lot of work involved in crocheting. How special you must be to the little lady to make these for you! I'm smiling! Thanks for popping in to see me and hope all is well with you and your family.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tea party. Love it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby,
    Truly exquisite Suddenly tea party tablescape!
    I love tea in tea cups and saucers!
    LOVE seeing all the doilies!
    Your Mother's piece is beautiful!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very lovely and inviting, Fabby! Your serving pieces really stand out against the plainer (though beautiful!) white china. My grandmother taught me to crochet, but all I've ever made have been scarves, throws and baby afghans. You may have inspired me to start again!
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Fabby,
    Wow, you mother's meticulously even crocheted lace work in fine thread is quite a dream!
    The tea doilies are very special, especially in that color.
    You sure did set a perfect tea table.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table settings are always perfect. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words about my porch and the passing of my dear nephew.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love the way you used the doilies on the dishes and your mother’s tablecloth is beautiful. The china looks beautiful and the tea so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful dear Fabby. What a lovely tea party. The doilies look great with your Mother's tablecloth. How I would love to be your guest and partake in this inviting tea party. Thanks for sharing at "Love Your Creativity."

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Fabby, these are so pretty, I've never seen these types of doilies before. Your table is lovely! I'd never tasted clotted cream before a restaraunt in St. Louis served it with Figgy Cake. oh my delicious! thanks so much for linking up with All About Home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Exquisite table as ever!I love those gorgeous doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your tablescape and your grandmother's beautiful crocheted placemats, Fabby! Thank you for sharing at Share Your Style this past week. Happy to feature your post at tomorrow's SYS #221, thank you.

    Happy tea to you,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabby,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment on our anniversary, Joe's Birthday and my retirement!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabby, your tea table is perfectly beautiful. I am so sorry it has been so long since I stopped by. I am trying to stick with my blog and stay away from all the negative things going on at social media.
    What lovely hand created pieces you have. What a wonderful friend you have, Tea is one of the things that always brings me joy. I love everything to do with tea.
    Thank you for sharing with us here. You make a delightful table. I wish I could sit and have tea with you. I wish you a beautiful weekend and thank you again for sharing. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful table setting Fabby! Thanks for sharing at All About Home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thought I would pop over and see what pretty table settings you are sharing and I just love the dollies under the plates, I have never seen that done, beautiful idea!!
    Hope you have a great weekend and you will stop by #omgff and share off your latest talents!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY