Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Eclectic Tablescape for a High Tea Party


Hello sweet friends !

My best friend's 93 year old mother is going back from to the capital of Ecuador, Quito, where she's from. Olga's been here for six months spending time with her daughter, but it is time for her to return and spend another long period of time with her other children.

We see her very often, along with my mom at tea parties, ladies get togethers and of course, my every month Rosary prayers, which she comes along. We are going to miss this lovely and sweet lady.

I prepared a high tea table for ten friends along with Olga, the guest of honor.
My table is very eclectic, as I decided to use different teacups and saucers along with my happy bird plates and yellow lemon ones.

You can see the different tea cups in the pictures I'm sharing.


The little lady up front with the orange blouse and my friend Myriam with the purple turtle neck. My mother in the back between them.
The younger ones are Olga's granddaughters. The others are friends.
You know me, at the beginning at your left side.

I used some of my bird plates and lemon ones, plus different teacups in order to achieve the 'eclectic style' tea table, which was fun to set for me.
The tablecloth is an antique European silk brocade that was gifted to us by dear Mil.

The lemon plates. This is my place setting with my 'Royal Albert October' cup.

I baked an angel food cake type with farm eggs, so it comes out very yellow and it is served with 'clotted-cream.'
Hot chocolate and tea, or as they wished. Chicken and egg finger sandwiches, sugar cookies and small 'empanadas.'
Wish I could have taken pics of the food, but I didn't have time, with serving and sittings them in their places, etc.

I was lucky to win this pretty "Colclough, England" teacup giveaway from lovely blog "The Beautiful Matters," from pretty Deborah Montgomery in 2014.

My place setting with my "Royal Albert," October teacup and lemon plate.



Brown sugar fudge kind with sugar cookies and the cluttered cream to eat with the Angel cake, as is the custom here. 


Thank you dear friends for your kind comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net


Vintage Charm Party
www.ourhopefulhome.com

Share Your Cup
http://jannolson.blogspot.com

Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com

Saturday Sparks Link Party
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

"Anything Goes" PINK Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Dishing it & Digging it
www.lifeandlinda.com

Simple Sunday
http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com

Amaze Me Monday
www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.blogspot.com



21 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love the different teacups, and your bird plates are adorable. Thank you for sharing your beautiful tea party and your beautiful friends.
    Joyously,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty table setting Fabby. Sweet of you to host a farewell luncheon for your friends Mother. Love the bird dishes and the lemons too.


    God bless you

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby, this is so beautiful and your menu sounds delightful. I am sure your guest enjoyed your lovely tea. The table was so beautifully set with your different tea cups, I really like that ideas. It makes the table so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cheerful and inviting,Fabby!Gorgeous teacups and adorable dishes!The ladies are adorable too!Friendship is really a treasure!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful, elegant ladies - and your table is stunning Fabby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your table setting is just gorgeous! I like all of the different patterns playing with each other. Your food looks yummy too! Congratulations on expecting a new grandchild...boy oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and elegant! The tablecloth is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe...how precious of you to host such a wonderful time of fellowship and what a beautiful table dear Fabby. You have such a gift of hospitality. What a blessing you are to so many. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful for you to host this beautiful tea party! Your table looks absolutely lovely. I am sure that everyone appreciated all your time and effort to ensure a nice send off for your friend. Safe travels to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Fabby,
    How sweet of you for sending Olga off in such a classy way!
    She is at a very delicate age and we have to treat each opportunity as such out of respect.
    It no doubt also made your dear Mom very happy and you can feel proud for always pulling this off.
    Magazine worthy presentation!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby,
    What a wonderful thing to do!! Your table setting is so lovely with the different dishes and tea cups!! And I aodre the tablecloth!! I am sure a lovely time was had by all!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby, your tables are always so elegant and timeless. You gave a lovely party for your friend. I'm so glad that you are still enjoying the teacup, can't believe that was four years ago!! ps I'm not on Pinterest very often, but I always love seeing the shoes you pin! I love heels too! xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby, Everything is beautiful. The tablecloth is stunning! You always do such a great job. Just lovely. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Fabby:
    Those dishes with birds really make for a gorgeous table! What a lovely group of ladies and I know they loved sitting at your table!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby, so sweet of you to host this! Olga looks amazing. Love those darling bird plates! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. No one does as many beautiful tablescapes as you do. Each one is delightful and inspirational. And your luncheons look so yummy. I really do get some good dessert/cake ideas from your blog. Thank you for your wonderful blog. It is better than a magazine for me. On another topic, our first grandDAUGHTER was born recently. My husband and I have three sons, one grandson, and my husband is from a family with all sons. This little girl is all NEW for us. We are delighted. It seems like you are about to experience the opposite side of this with your grandson. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabby this looks wonderful! And how nice of you to host the tea:) I absolutely love the lemon plates, and the tea cups. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful hostess you are, Fabby! I'm sure all the ladies enjoyed your fabulous tea party. I love how you used different teacups at every place setting. Olga looks amazing, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful Fabby! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a nice send-off for your best friend's mother. I've always found mismatched tea sets charming!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY