Wednesday, March 14, 2018

"Toile de Jouy" Valance for the Dining Room and Goodbye.


Hello sweet friends !

I'm still wishing you all a great celebration for "St. Patrick's Day" coming up the 17th. of March. There is a Shamrock china setting posted along with this one.

Some of you who follow me know I just reupholstered my dining chairs with a beautiful 'Toile de Jouy' we acquired while in Miami this past January.

I mentioned in that post that I wanted to make a 'Valance' for our dining room window by the breakfast area, if I was lucky to have material left over from the chairs, which we did !

Well, we just placed it today after we had it delivered by the upholstery shop and we think it made the area look warm and elegant.
Hubby used to DIY this job when we lived in our farm, but now he says he's not in the mood, lol..

Anyhow, here it is for you to judge.

I also want to say goodbye to you as we will be away for a month in Spain visiting our daughter Alexandra, Sergio and baby Maxima again. We will travel to the south of Spain this time and go as far as Portugal for a month.

Wishing you a very happy and blessed Easter.

This is a big window and the only one in this room, that's why I wanted the "Valance" on it, to make it more warm and elegant, although it's no biggie, but it turned out just like I imagined it would. 

The window it's also by the breakfast room; as I mentioned it many times before, we have it adjacent to the formal dining area, this way we can accommodate sitting spaces for 16 guests if we wanted to host a big dinner party.

Now with the 'Valance' matching the chairs with the Toile, I love the Toile I chose even more !

A little Spring and Easter touch with some cute bunnies, just to wish you a very happy and blessed Easter.


See you around the 22th. of April.

Thank you dear friends for your kind comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Share Your Style
www.thevintagenestblog.com

 Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com

Wonderful Wednesday
http://ohmyheartsygirl.com

Home Matters Link Party
http://lifewithlorelai.com

"Anything Goes" PINK Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Saturday Sparks Link Party
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

The Bouquet of Talent Party
www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

Dishing it and Digging it
www.lifeandlinda.com

Amaze Me Monday
www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com

Tuesdays at Our Home
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

Creative Monday Link up
www.clairejustineoxox.com

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

The SCOOP
http://cedarhillfarmhouse.com

Tuesdays with a Twist
http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com



 



30 comments:

  1. Beautiful valance and your table setting is so pretty too as always. Have fun visiting your daughter and family. That sound like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the fabric design on your chairs!!!
    Happy SPRING,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to give it a look.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Outstanding blog and great style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very, very nice, Fabby. Just the perfect finishing touch.

    Have safe travels and enjoy every single moment of your visit to Spain. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby, your new valence and chairs are absolutely gorgoeus! I love the toile, it is so elegant and your are right, the valence works perfectly on the window. Have a lovely time on your trip! We’ve recently returned from the beaches of South Carolina. It was a fun get away from our cold weather at home. Hugs! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that fabric Fabby. Everything is so pretty. I pray you have a safe and fun trip Dear Fabby. Can't wait to hear about your trip. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is adorable and that fabric is exquisite!That tablecloth is really a treasure,so s pretty!I hope you have a great time in your travel!Happy Easter and blessings!Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very pretty! BIG window...you did great! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Fabby,
    What a joy for having enough of that gorgeous Toile de Jouy left for making this elegant window treatment!
    Loved your two previous blog posts as well and only timely for seeing the Saint Patricks setting.
    We did perform today with our choir for the joint civic luncheon here in Dublin, singing the National Anthem and O' America (by Celtic Woman on Youtube).
    Hugs and wishing you a fabulous time in Spain with your dear ones; Happy Easter to all.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Safe journey, Fabby. I hope you have a wonderful time and return refreshed....with lots of stories!
    I love your new valance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That valance is gorgeous! Your home is beautiful, Fabby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The valance is lovely....I used to make tons of those when I had my interior sewing business! I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. I hope that you have a wonderful visit with your family in Spain. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby, the toile valance looks beautiful...I do love the fabric. Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful time with your family! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Dear Fabby,
    Your valance and chairs are beautiful Enjoy your trip to Spain to see your daughter and family. I know you will have a lovely time. Spain is a beautiful country and to see your family is even more wonderful. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful valance! Have fun in my beautiful country. I miss home so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful valance! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the time with your family! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A pretty setting. Enjoy month March with beautiful decors. Have a wonderful journey. Love Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Easter!God bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY