Saturday, February 17, 2018

"Toile de Jouy" for my Dining Chairs


Hello sweet friends !

Last January, while we were visiting with our dear Alexandra and her family, I had plans to buy a "Toile de Jouy" material for reupholstering my dining chairs, that had seen it's days.

So we just got them fresh from the shop yesterday. I can't hide my excitement at how elegant and wonderful they look, thus refreshing the entire dining room.

I decided upon using another pattern material for the back of the chairs and found a 'Houndtooth' in navy and salmon just like the background color of the front of the chairs, of course.
 
I was saying to Mr. Living this morning when I first glanced at them, that it looks like a whole new dining furniture !

Here I'm sharing them with you, I hope you like them as well.



My dream was always if I ever reupholster my dining chairs, Toile would be my first choice.

Isn't it petty ? This is a 'Paysannerie' French pattern Toile de Jouy.



 



We loved this combo for the back of the chairs. A small navy and salmon  'Houndtooth' material, that blended perfectly... we thought.


I was thinking of gray, blue and white, others that might catch my eye, etc.
Then, walking front, right, left and back of that huge warehouse all of a sudden I saw it and that was it, color and print !

Love the classic 'country scenery' print of it... the pattern name is 'Paysannerie.' 


The before stayed like this for 26 years... uff !
The material had a pale pinkish and blue streak, that long since had faded with time, lol..  











Thank you dear friends for your sweet and kind comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY


"Anything Goes" PINK Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Metamorphosis Monday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

Tuesdays at Our Home
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

Dishing it & Digging it
www.lifeandlinda.com

Creative Mondays Hop
www.clairejustineoxox.com

The Fabulous Party !
http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com

The SCOOP
http://cedarhillfarmhouse.com

Tuesdays with a Twist
www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Wonderful Wednesday
http://ohmyheartsygirl.com

Wow Us Wednesday
www.savvysouthernstyle.net

Share Your Cup
http://jannolson.blogspot.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Vintage Charm Party
www.ourhopefulhome.com

The Weekend Link Party
www.clairejustineoxox.com

Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome,blogspot.com

Comfort Foods Satisfy + Life with Lorelai
https://lifewithlorelai.com

Saturday Sparks
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

The Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

Home and Garden Thursday
www.adelightsomelife.com

Wonderful Wednesday
http://ohmyheartsygirl.com













 





32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    The contrasting (but matching still) backs are perfect.
    I can't wait to see this table dressed throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Fabby!!!!! You have exquisite taste, I am totally in love with your chairs. I love how you used two patterns, the contrast makes such a difference I think. The toile fabric is beautiful and looks great with the chairs. Great job Fabby. You have really inspired me to get serious about finding a fabric and reupholstering my chairs. What a difference it makes to your dining room........Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Fabby,
    Oh my, I sure can feel your joy and excitement for having found this perfect match.
    Your husband has a very keen eye as well as the houndstooth fabric goes perfect with the Persian rug!
    As for your Toile de Jouy, I'm a lover of it for years and still have several items for sale, made of this upscale, authentic French fabric.
    If you put Toile de Jouy in the search box at the top right of my blog, you find lots of info... about how it got so popular etc.
    Very classy and that table is a gem!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow look so pretty Fabby
    God job !
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! your dining room is majestic..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That new color combo and pattern mix is so chic!!!!! I liked the fabric you had before, but a change is always welcome...especially after that time period!!! We’ve had the same fabric on our dining chairs for 20 years, and I’m ready for a change, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks very pretty Fabby.



    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Fabby, they are gorgeous! The fabrics look perfect with your rug, too.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty dear Fabby! Absolutely love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just WAIT til your lady's group sees that transformation. Toile is one of my favorite fabrics of all time. I have always loved it.
    Have a blessed week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Fabby they are gorgeous! And Fabulous. What a change! I am sorry the link party is late but The Fabulous Party is live now. I hope you'll come over and link up!
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-better-late-than-never-fabulous.html
    Come and party with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Fabby, they are exquisite! We have a set of Thonet caned chairs around our dining table, and the caning needs to be replaced. I want to add cushions this time to help preserve the caning. I'd like a toile fabric I think. I need to begin the search.
    Thanks for sharing your "new" chairs. Absoulutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby the new chairs look wonderful. What a great choice and the fabric on the back is perfect. It does look like a new dining room! Amazing what a little freshening up will do. I love toile as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Fabby, your chairs look just stunning. What a gorgeous fabric for the fronts and another pretty fabric for the back. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a huge fan of french toile fabrics and just had my bedroom wallpaper in blue and white toile , curtains, bedspread, pillows, sheer.

    You chair are delicious and will never go out of style, just look how many years this pattern has been around, longer than us LOL

    Just beautiful and dreamy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love toile..Your dining room chairs look beautiful and the fabric will wear very well. The upholstery combo is very creative and unique ... FABBY_-LICIOUS !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Fabby, the toile fabric is exquisite. I have always been a fan of toile. You are right, it totally transformed your dining room. The houndstooth is a wonderful complement to the toile and I love the salmon color! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Fabby! What a difference! The fabric is gorgeous. Your dinning room is so very elegant. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabby,
    First let me thank you, my friend, for stopping by and for leaving what i feel is an encouraging comment on my last post....
    You are one of the Bloggers who have stayed true to who you are and I applaud you!!! I wish there was more of us!!
    I LOVE your colors!!! The fabrics are drop dead gorgeous my friend and really complement the whole room which is simply stunning!! I think you have made a wise choice, my friend!!!
    Many hugs to you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Fabby, that is gorgeous! I love the houndstooth on the back. That really adds a great deal of interest and charm. This should take you through the next 26 years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Fabby, your chairs came out so pretty and I love the new fabric you chose! They will look great with all of your pretty table settings.
    Thanks for sharing this at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Fabby, this is beautiful. I can imagine how pleased you are with it. I would love something like this.

    Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop. Have a great weekend and we hope to see you soon. #Weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
  23. The fabric looks very pretty and i love the color too. The room is gorgeous and real royal. Enjoy your dining. Love Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your chairs look fantastic. I love the main fabric and the contrast houndstooth really sets it off. #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! You have great taste! The fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have always been a huge fan of toile, your pattern and chairs are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  27. What beautiful fabric! They are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

  28. This looks so good!! I'm a sucker for nice looking resin wood table . I hope to get a table much like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful! Keep sharing more designs.
    Explore more at https://pinkapple.co.in/

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY