Monday, March 13, 2017

Entertaining at Home again !


Hello sweet friends!

I haven't been around lately as this month has been a busy one for us. Our DD Alexandra got married the First of March in Miami in a very small ceremony at the apartment of our SIL's mother.

We also have been in the mood for entertaining lately at home.  Last Friday I did a luncheon with 17 very close friends from hubby's youth, their wives, plus two siblings and their spouses.

Again I had to make two sitting tables to fit the 17. Thank goodness our formal dinner table is very large and very wide, which helps a whole lot.
 
Our breakfast round table is an 'enabler' in this case and there you can sit six people very well.

I hope I don't bore you with my tablescapes, as I see the readers and hostesses are interested in other things much more so.




Here I'm sharing a picture of my dearest daughter Alexandra and Sergio at their civil wedding in Miami.

They had a very small reception right in the beautiful apartment of our SIL Sergio's mother with some friends and cousins.
It was beautiful they told us, we are so happy for this lovely couple.
 
They are the parents of our little Maxima. They also live in Madrid.


So lets get back to our luncheon at home.

The formal dining table held 11 guests and this is the setting I did using our antique china from my dear Mother in Law, on top of her gorgeous hand crocheted tablecloth.

The cyclamen flower pots are perfect to give it a little Spring touch.

The flatware is Reed & Barton, but I used a round spoon specially for the 'Cream of Mushroom,' a delicious French recipe I do.

Lately the cyclamen plants are growing so beautifully at my kitchen's window sill, so instead of making any arrangements I just placed them smack in the middle of the two tables, for a little Spring feel.


Our breakfast table was fixed for six guests. Again I used another of my cyclamen flower plant for the Spring look, plus my green china to celeb St. Pat's month.




My indoor plants are really radiant in this corner of the breakfast room and right in front of them, in the corner, I have a gathering of some more that are just as pretty.


Thank you so much dear friends for your sweet and kind comments, you always make my day !

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their fun parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:

Inspire Me Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.net

Tuesdays at Our Home
http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com

The Scoop
http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com

Wordless Wednesday
http://ohmyheartsygirl.com

Home and Garden Thursday
www.adelightsomelife.com

Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com

Grace at Home
www.impartinggrace.com

Foodie Friday and Everything else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com

Anything goes Pink Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Saturday Sparks Link Party
http://peacedpastimes.blogspot.com

A Bouquet of Talent
www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

Dishing It & Digging It
www.lifeandlinda.com

Monday Social
www.botanicbleu.com

Amaze Me Monday
www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com

Make it Pretty Monday
www.thededicatedhouse.com















 




27 comments:

  1. Hi Fabby, you didn't bore me a bid. I always love seeing your tablescapes. You are such an entertainer to have so many friends at your home. Congrats on the wedding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fabby, you didn't bore me a bid. I always love seeing your tablescapes. You are such an entertainer to have so many friends at your home. Congrats on the wedding too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablescapes are always so beautifully and tastefully done. I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tables are, as always, just beautiful. Congratulations on the wedding of your beautiful daughter. She looks absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. How wonderful! Your tables are always so pretty, Fabby! Beautiful settings. xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! The tables and the Bride!!! Congratulations!! How wonderful to be able to celebrate such a happy occasion in your home with a such lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is beautiful (of course) and I am happy for them and you! The tables looked beautiful. I can not seem to keep cyclamen alive. I bought one about a month ago and had to throw it out last week:( What is your secret!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Fabby,

    Que hermosa y elegante pareja. Felicidades a la pareja y a la familia.

    You have been very busy. Such a wonderful time for you. I know your husbands school friends were highly impressed with your entertaining skills. Your table is beautiful.

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fabby, you have such pretty pieces for your tables!I always love seeing your tables. Congrats to the beautiful couple on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, beautiful couple. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful Fabby. And you know I love your tablescapes. I am always inspired. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Fabby on your beautiful daughters wedding!!!
    And I never tire of seeing your tablescapes, thank you for sharing on Oh my Heartsie Girls WW!! Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby, I never tire of seeing your beautiful tables and apartment. I've missed you, but how wonderful to be busy with family and entertaining. We too recently entertained my husbands friends from his childhood. It was a fun reunion with four couples.
    Alexandra is as beautiful as her mother. Congratulations to the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful settings, Fabby, and what a gorgeous bride your daughter made...stunning! Felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Fabby- congratulations on the marriage of your daughter! She's gorgeous! Your beautiful tables are always a treat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby, You are always the perfect hostess. Your tablescapes are lovely and creative. You have beautiful china and what a treasure your MIL's tablecloth is. I think the cyclamen is the crowning touch. Your guests felt special I am sure.
    Congratulations to your daughter and her new husband. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughter made a beautiful bride, Fabby.
    Lovely tables, especially the green one. They cyclamens are such a pretty shade of pink.
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no, I won't ever get tired of your beautiful tablescapes dear Fabby! They are always so lovely and elegant. That tablecloth is a treasure. I can't imagine the work that went into it.
    Congratulations to your daughter. They make a beautiful couple. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to the beautiful couple! I've missed your tablescapes and what a gorgeous one you set for your friends! You are right, the cyclamens added just the pop of spring color to your lovely settings. Happy Spring, Fabby! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to the beautiful couple! Fabby, your tablescapes are always so lovely, and they could never be boring. How fun to entertain so many people with such elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  20. NObody entertains with more beauty, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

  21. The table is very pretty but your daughter is just gorgeous! She is beautiful and I am so happy that they are married. I know that you adore her and I am sure you are thrilled that Sergio and her are married now.

    Your tablescape is just lovely. You really do a remarkable job with your table settings. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoyed going thru this beautiful post. Just awesome. Love Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Fabby, how beautiful and congratulations. You always inspire with your lovely tablescapes. Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday - you'll be featured today.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Fabby, you HAVE been busy! Congratulations on the wedding. Your daughter is just beautiful.

    You inspire me with your entertaining, truly. I need to stop making excuses and follow your example. How about you come to North Carolina and help me set a beautiful table? :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your tablescapes Fabby, we will never get tired of them. Especially when they are that beautiful. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your tables are always beautiful Fabby; your daughter is absolutely beautiful!
    Congratulations to you all!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY