Thursday, April 21, 2016

I'm so Sad, I Baked a Cake


Hello sweet friends!

   Most of you know that Ecuador, my country too, has suffered one of the worst earthquakes since 1949... and I so want to thank all the wonderful, sweet, kind and generous friends that prayed for Ecuador at my request and on your own as well, even before I even knew you had heard of the tragedy in the news and for thinking of me and my family.

I will be forever grateful!

Today's post has a title which is just that!  "I'm so sad, I baked a cake."

While looking at the new posts you my friends sent out today, one caught my eye and it's from; "Living the Gourmet Blog and the cake is, New York Style Crumb Cake." 

 
I have a little secret to tell you... most cakes I make, I give hubby a piece and the rest I give it away to family and friends. I hardly ever eat one piece, or just maybe a tiny one when it's a new recipe and this one is a new recipe to me, so I had a 'huge piece' for a change, you can tell by the cut.  I feel better now!

Let me tell you, it is delicious, so yes, go ahead and try it with a good cuppa of steaming hot tea in pretty dishes too !


It looks and tastes superb ! There's a little glass container with pure honey, which I swirled a little on top of the New York Style Crumb Cake from Living the Gourmet Blog... for a little more sweetness, lol..

We had some tea in this beautiful set of dishes.
I don't know the brand as they have the name of the store specially made for them, where I bought them several years ago.

Ain't it petty looking? Boy it tasted great too!

Someone said that cake is the ultimate 'comfort food' and I totally agree.

This teatime afternoon happened here, on my farm house table, that came here from our 'real farm house' where we lived before, so it's my nostalgic piece of furniture and it helped raise my spirits up remembering happier and simpler times back in our 80's when our little girls were growing up.


I was so happy to have a big piece of this luscious cake; it sure raised my spirits up, as I knew it would !


Thank you so much for your sweet and kind comments dearest friends, you always make my day.

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will party here:

Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop     http://bettycozycorner.blogspot.com
Thoughts of Home     www.athomewithjemma.com
Home and Garden Thursday     www.adelightsomelife.com
Simple & Sweet Fridays     http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com
Grace at Home     www.impartinggrace.com
Share Your Cup Thursday     http://jannolson.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday     http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Foodie Friday and Everything else     http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com
PINK Saturday     www.howsweetthesound.typepad.net
Home Sweet Home     http://thecahrmofhome.blogspot.com

Welcome to the Weekend Blog hop     www.clairejustineoxox.com
Share Your Style Party      www.21romarylane.com
Creative Ways Link Party      www.posedperfection.com
Wildly Original Link Party      http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
A Morning Cup of Joe     http://thecottagemarket.com
BTTCG Blog Party     http://blog.bernideens.com
Make it Pretty Monday     www.thededicatedhouse.com
Tea Cup Tuesday     www.antiquesandteacups.info
Inspire Me Tuesday     www.astrollthrulife.net
No Place Like Home     http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com

Saturday Sparks     http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com
The Chain Linky Climb    http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
Simple Saturdays     www.sunnysimplelife.com
Friday Frenzy     www.mostlyfoodandcrafts.com
Share it One More Time     http://theeverydayblog.com
Bouquet of Talent party     www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com
Sweet Inspiration Party     www.theboondocksblog.com
Dishing it & Digging it Link Party     www.rustic-refined.com
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME     http://mariaelenesdecor.blogspot.com
The Scoop     http://confessionsofaplateaddict.com

Mix it up Monday     www.flourmewithlove.com
Tuesdays with a Twist     http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com
Brag About it Link Party     www.vmg206.com
You're Gonna Love it     www.kathewithane.com
Wednesday Blog Hop     www.clairejustineoxox.com



















   


 

40 comments:

  1. So sorry about the earthquake in your Ecuador. Glad you baked a cake to make you feel better and added a little honey on top. I bet it did do you some good to eat a little cake. Beautiful dishes and love the little vase with the flowers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you enjoyed it. Cake is the ultimate comfort food, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks delicious and I love your pretty china.
    So elegant!
    Thank you for sharing at TOHOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just sick about the earthquake in Ecuador...and so so many lost their lives..just heartbreaking....
    the cake looks amazing and the tea set is to die for....
    hugs to you, dear one...and thanks for coming by to see our beautiful Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake looks totally amazing. I am so glad you had a big piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet♥ I love your tea set and the cake looks delicious.
    Joyously,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tea time at the farmhouse table looks beautiful. I think I'd like a big piece of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always so sad when disaster comes to any place and more when it hits home. So sorry my dear. Your china is lovely and the cake sounds great will have to give it a try. Thank you for sharing have a lovely day and a great weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful tea set! That cake looks marvelous! Sorry to hear about the quake in Ecuador! Sometimes all we can do is pray! Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabby, you handled a tragedy with your usual grace and, may I say, "good taste." We were thinking of you when news of the first earthquake hit. Our prayers are with all of the people who were affected by the disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tea set Fabby, I just love the flowers. I am sure the cake is was wonderful too.

    Praying

    God bless

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been keeping those affected by the horrible quake in my prayers. We see some of the devistation on television. Your cake sounds delicious. Happy weekend, Fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel so bad about the earthquake, Fabby, but I am glad you are safe. And boy, that cake looks scrumptious! I will have to try it....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. You, your family, and Ecuador have been in my thoughts, Fabby. I'm so sorry about the terrible earthquake, but glad you and your loved ones are okay. The cake looks delicious -- glad it raised your spirits some. :) Also, I just LOVE those beautiful, elegant, and dainty-looking dishes. As always, you've set a lovely table for tea.

    Have a good weekend, Fabby!

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sad about the earthquake, Fabby. Thank goodness you are safe. Your tea set is gorgeous and the cake looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about the earthquake Fabby :( Glad you here you are all safe. Your cakes looks and sounds delicious.. thanks for stopping by the weekend blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cake looks divine!! If it tastes half as good as it looks, wow!! Beautiful tea set too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been thinking about you after the catastrophe. Good to see all is well with you and your family. I can't do more than contribute to Red Cross to help the victims.

    Enjoy the cake and tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabby, you've been on my mind so much lately, thinking about that devastating earthquake! I hope you and yours were not seriously affected, and my prayers have been going to all those who are suffering. You table is beautiful and that cake looks delicious. That's my favorite type of cake, a coffee cake or a loaf cake. I prefer it to frosted cakes. Nothing says comfort like a cup of tea or coffee, with a delicious slice of cake. May God watch over you all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabby we are keeping Ecuador in prayer. Your tablescape is just lovely. I too often back and then share the bounty with the neighbors. Thank you so very much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Your post truly delighted me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Prayers for you and Ecuador. Such a scary disaster. Glad you are feeling better Fabby. your cake looks lovely, especially with your beautiful tea set. I hope you join us for today's link party, DI&DI. xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prayers for you and Eucador. So sad. But what a beautiful post you did. The cake does look yummy. Your tables settings is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful set table. I love tea sets and this one is a beauty. Somehow cake (or whatever) always tastes better to me on real china. The crumb cake looks good too and I love the added natural honey. When we moved to the Portland, Oregon area and developed allergies we were told to use the local honey and it would help us become more used to the local pollen. It worked like a charm and we have been using local honey ever since. Also want to tell you how concerned we are about the devastation in Equator. Our hearts go out to all the people there. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry to hear about your country and pray that your family is safe.

    And yet you baked! And such a gorgeous cake! In such a pretty tablesetting.

    Thanks for sharing it on Dishing It & Digging It.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm sorry to hear about the earthquake that struck your country, Fabby. You must have willpower made of steel if you bake cakes without sampling them! I'm also admiring your beautiful tea set.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so sorry about the the lives lost in Ecuador, dear Fabby. Sometimes baking a wonderful cake and taking tea, just soothes the soul. God bless you and love and prayers are sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been praying for Ecuador and Japan. So sad. Love your post and that your family is safe. The cake looks delicious. Good cake and tea in pretty china -- sure to raise the spirits!
    Hugs ----

    ReplyDelete
  28. No wonder you stay thin my friend, if you pass up homemade cake! Wish I had that kind of will power!
    Your cake and tea setting looks absolutely lovely! I love how you've set it all up with the baking stuff in back and the lovely teapot and dishes. Beautiful!
    Sadly, we have friends with friends who died in that earthquake, a whole family. What a terrible tragedy. We'll continue to pray and think of you, Blessings xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  29. It is sad what has happened in Ecuador. Fabby I have prayed for your country and hope you will see a outpouring of God's mercy for your recovery. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  30. An earthquake is heartbreaking for those affected by it. My heart goes out to you all living there in Ecuador. Absolutely devastating! My son and his family live on the west coast of Canada and they're expecting 'the big one' and my DIL worries about it a lot after the rumblings they had a couple of months ago. They want to move back here to PEI and I pray that happens before any earthquake takes place there.
    Your cake looks scrumptious and I'm glad you enjoyed a big piece yourself. Love your pretty tea set. Sipping tea from one of those lovely teacups and enjoying a lovely piece of cake is the just the thing to lift your spirits. Thank you for sharing, Fabby, and do take care, my friend.

    Blessings and prayers,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabby,
    Comfort Food.
    My MoMa used to make such foods for me in my childhood and youth.
    I made them for my children, too!
    Prayers coming your way, dear friend for you and your Country.
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am so sorry that Ecuador suffered the earthquake and I hope recovery is going well.


    Thanks for sharing your beautiful cake with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So sorry to hear of the earthquake, it is so sad to see the damage it does. Praying for your safety. Im glad you baked a cake to uplift your spirits, lovely dishes.

    Be safe Fabby.
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  34. Continue praying for your country Fabby dear... I'm glad your channeling your grief creatively though!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet Fabby, we have been praying for Ecuador. I know that our God hears our prayers. Well I say your cake looks wonderful! Can I share a secret with you too? I rarely eat cake and especially if it has icing on it. I am actually not a big sweet eater! It looks so good and I am glad it made you feel better! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  36. So sad about the earthquake, I hope your family and friends are all safe. The cake and the china look amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Inspiration party.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Bless you, Fabby! I hope the recovery efforts in Ecuador are going well.

    I'm glad you indulged in a piece of your cake. You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thoughts and prayers to those affected by this tragedy.
    What a beautiful little bit of comfort you created- your setting is so lovely and I bet the cake is delicious- I wouldn't be able to just have a tiny piece either!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabby, my days have been so crazy lately I had not seen the news about the earthquake. I feel so sad about it also. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone. I hope your family was ok. Take care. xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  40. You are so sweet, Fabby, and I know that such a kind and sweet heart must feel so broken over all that happened. I'm so glad you and your family were out of harm's way, and I am very happy that baking that lovely cake lifted your spirits. Some times it is doing those simple and basic things that help transport us out of our sadness.

    Warm hugs my sweet friend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY