Wednesday, August 19, 2015

FABBY: Cleaning and Organizing the Kitchen



Hello sweet friends!

I've had a busy few days, as I decided that some cabinets in my kitchen were not practical, so they weren't working smoothly as I would have like them to.
Therefore, for  the cabinet I store my everyday dishes, glasses and others, I bought a couple of plate racks and my life has gotten so much easier as I take out plates to serve the table, or out of the dishwasher, or back to store them with ease.

I also cleaned like a mad woman and organized my pantry closet and replaced old and ugly containers with brand new plastic ones to store food. Although it's not a beauty as some of yours I've seen in blog land, I am very happy the way it turned out.........so clean and organized, finally!

 I even acquired lots of space, after throwing to the garbage old and useless stuff and giving away the better ones. 

A friend of hubby's is coming for dinner Friday night so I will make Italian food and we will eat right here in the kitchen nook. I will share that next week.

I really haven't stopped cleaning for almost a week the entire kitchen as well, cause once I start I can't never stop, lol!


Please come in to the kitchen and walk with me so I can show you what I've been up to lately.
The cabinet at your left contains our everyday china, glasses and dishes. Here is where the new racks to hold the plates are. 

My grandgirl's artwork at your right wall, lol..
 

Our everyday china is very organized in the new racks now.
Once, several years ago, I picked up a bunch of plates from the dishwasher and where to be piled up in this cabinet; but instead I dropped them right here in the granite counter and broke the entire pile!

Look how great it looks, so neat and organized. Love it!

Here is another cabinet I organized dishes with a new rack too... and wow, it's so much easier for storing them.

These are dishes I use almost on a daily basis too, while cooking, for serving onion soup that we love and plates I always need for preparing food.

The big pantry in my laundry room was the worst! I
 threw away so many old and ugly containers and some I had for 40 years, (I'm very sentimental this way) and so piled up I couldn't see a thing that was hidden all the way in the back...geez!

This pantry took me about an hour to clean and days to store the products inside my new Rubbermaid containers.

Since it's a wall pantry it also has two doors for smaller things, which is very practical too. It's very high as well, all the way to the ceiling where I have bigger kitchen appliances; some more pots and pans and machines.

This little pantry that's right in the kitchen was also cleaned thoroughly.

The one at your right is such a 'slit' cutie and it's right in the kitchen at arms length of the cook top and ovens. I pull it out to reach everything I need for baking, except for the flour which is in the back pantry.






 
I love the big 'San Marzano' Italian tomato can I placed on top of the hood and because it looks so old fashion... and by the way, the best tomatoes for Italian sauce, ever.  
The oil and vinegar Italian cruet set with ceramic caddy and salt and pepper pieces in red is at least thirty years old.


While shopping for some Rubbermaid plastic containers for the pantry I fell in love with this wire fruit basket.... is that cute or what?

I love this silver tray I bought last year cause it has such a pretty vintage look to it; but it's not.

 
The flower pot with doves and the salt bowl were made at our former ceramic company and it's a set with the spoon container in the bottom pic.
 
The slits you see next to the tablecloth are to contain the cutting boards.
Very practical idea Mr. Living had.



The table setting for three, right here in our kitchen nook will look like this tomorrow night.
There's a great view from both windows by the table, so it's fun.

Our eating nook by the window and the stain glass skylight.

Although this one is not a big kitchen, it's just perfect for us two. Very practical and with the latest state of the art custom cabinets Mr. Living had it rebuild almost 5 years ago. 


Thank you so much for your sweet and kind visits, you always make my day!

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will join:

Before and After Wednesday     www.thededicatedhouse.com
Home Sweet Home     http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Pretty Preppy Party     www.astrollthrulife.net
The Weekend Blog Hop     www.clairejustineoxox.com
Foodie Friday and Everything else     http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com
Show and Tell Friday   http://romantichome.blogspot.com
Grace at Home     www.impartinggrace.com
Creative Ways Link Party     www.posedperfection.com
A Morning Cup of Joe     http://thecottagemarket.com
PINK Saturday      http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

SATURDAY SHOW OFF     http://laleviksrosentradgard.blogspot.com
Simple Saturday Blog Hop     www.sunnysimplelife.com
Metamorphosis Monday     http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Inspire Me Tuesday     www.astrollthrulife.net
Chain Linky CLIMB     www.godsgrowinggarde.com
Saturday Sparks Linky Party     http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com
Frday's Features Link Party     http://ohmyheartsygirl.com
Bouquet of Talent      www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com
What to do Weekends     www.craftsalamode.com
Amaze Me Monday     www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com

Creative Monday's Blog Hop     www.clairejustineoxox.com
Sundays Down Under     www.natashainoz.com
Inspiration Monday     www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com
Mod Mix Monday     http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com
A Return to Loveliness     www.adelightsomelife.com
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME     http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com
Mix it up Monday     www.flourmewithlove.com
Show and Share     http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
Roses of Inspiration     http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com
The SCOOP    http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com




    






    











    






30 comments:

  1. I LOVE your kitchen! I think this may have been the first time I've seen it!
    And as always, I love seeing the view outside your windows. I bet you never get tired of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely, inspires me to get busy. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely kitchen Fabby! It looks beautifully organized, those plate racks look so practical. This makes me want to clean out and organize my pantry and cupboards too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your back of the door storage is so smart, and i love your range hood! we are in the middle of a mild kitchen reno, and we are removing the over the stove microwave and installing a range hood like yours. i'm so excited for the modern touch it will bring, and the lightness, too!
    enjoy,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby,
    You have a wonderfully organized kitchen, dear friend!!!
    I adore all the new storage containers on the market and you've chosen wisely!!!
    Your guest will enjoy a meal within your kitchen!!!
    Something just says "home" when meals are eaten in the kitchen!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kitchen Fabby, I love the view from the window too, beautiful :)

    You have inspired me to organise my kitchen ..

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Fabby. It feels so good to de-clutter and organize. Like you said, sometimes we csn't stop. I love the outcome! The plate racks are great. Beautiful view outside and your table is set up nicely to serve Italian food. Have a wonderful trip. I know you must be so excited to see your new Grandchild. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing works better than a well organized beautiful kitchen like yours! I just love the gorgeous view from your kitchen window!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks wonderful! It always feels so good to have things feel organized. It makes me feel like cooking. Italian food sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Organizing is a very good thing!
    You have been diligent :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Fabby, you have done such a beautiful job in your kitchen such great use of space for organizing, I love it "ALL" I enjoyed my tour, I felt lie I did walk with you through your kitchen, except, I had to go back and look at details. I would love to have a pantry as big.

    Thank you for sharing on Friday Features, I appreciate your visit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your kitchen, Fabby! The house we're currently in does not have a pantry at all and I store things all over the house. I can't tell you how much my husband loves having our large appliances in his office closet! All of your organizing was time well spent as it looks wonderful. I hope you have a lovely time at your dinner.

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby,
    I am so envious of all the storage that you have in your lovely Kitchen!! I have been on a purging and organizing binge since the beginning of the year and have been going through the house room by room.... LOVE the beautiful sky light and it would look so good in my Kitchen!! Ha Ha!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving such a lovely comment!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Fabby,
    Wow, you have been a very busy bee.
    We all love it when things are stored neatly and conveniently and within reach for when we start cooking and baking.
    Love your fruit basket, so attractive to see the entire contents through the open wires.
    Got way behind with blog visits due to my broken PC... This is the first round on my new Mac, trying to catch up.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Fabby,

    You are an inspiration. What a great job you did organizing your cabinets and pantry. I am sure it was no easy task but it looks amazing.

    Everything is so neat and at a arms reach. Love it. I also love that gorgeous stained glass in your kitchen. Beautiful.

    Have a great week amiga.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you've done a great job! I would love my kitchen to be as tidy and organised as this but with 5 children around my feet it is a dream for the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Fabby I love how you organized everything so neat in your kitchen. You have a pretty sky light and view in your kitchen too.
    Thanks for sharing this at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J this week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are definitely great tips!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll bet your feel so good right now, having everything so well organized, Fabby!! It all looks wonderful and you did such a good job. I would certainly love to sit at your table and enjoy the view and have some Italian food cooked by you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just started re-organizing my kitchen recently too! Love this blog post. I am in the process of writing a blog post on this very subject, well mainly my pantry make-over. This was fun to read and see all the pics

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

  21. You are good in organizing anything that comes your way. Very well kept. Colourful and neat. Thank you for sharing this with us. Hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you have certainly been busy, Fabby! It all looks so clean and organized. It looks like your kitchen has been well-planned to have as much storage as possible, and the plate racks are the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your kitchen is beautiful. Love the special features like the pantry and pull outs. I like the view out the windows. I would sit there a lot to view things going on outside!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your are so organized!! I am jealous! My cabinet are a creative mess! ;) Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Pink Saturday, my sweet friend. Wow! You have been working hard, and it all looks great. I did the same thing several years ago to my pantry and cabinets, and I am still enjoying the extra convenience. I wondered what took me so long to think of some of the changes. lol

    This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks". Thank you for sharing.♥

    ReplyDelete

  26. I like seeing the view out your kitchen window and that always let light in your kitchen also.
    Yes the racks makes a big difference also.
    Since i'm fairly new to your blog i'm looking around and seeing where you live with such a high view

    ReplyDelete
  27. You inspire me, Fabby. Your kitchen is beautiful and so organized. I love the pantry!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your kitchen looks fabulous! Isn't it great to get all that organizing done? And amazing how old, expired items just seem to accumulate when our back is turned!! That is an amazing skylight you have! That, and your view, must make working and eating in the kitchen really enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi sweet Fabby! Oh, your kitchen is absolutely delightful! I love the skylight :) You have inspired me to clean and organize my kitchen....it certainly needs it {{smiles}}

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you're able to join us again this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome post! I would love to invite you to my new link party The Beautifully Creative Inspired. The party launches every Fridays at 9AM eastern time on 5 BLOGS! It runs until Wednesday night :D Hope you can party with us!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY