Thursday, June 25, 2015

FABBY: Susan, I'm Not Jealous of you Anymore!


Hello sweet friends!

I'll start by saying I haven't done my rounds to the European antique Shop since last year; where I have found my best and favorite accessories I own, besides the beautiful ones that are family heirlooms.
 
I also have the ones I have found at the capital and bigger cities. But! I couldn't resist myself today and there I went and guess what my find was!

This stunning heavy 'Shannon Crystal' pedestal domed cake plate stand, made by 'Bohemian Crystal from Poland and I bought it at the European antiques, although it's not a vintage thing, but something I have always, always, since blogging four years ago, coveted 'Susan from Between Naps on the Porch.'

Therefore...as soon as I spotted it I said out loud: The cake stand is mine, I'll take it! I didn't even ask the price, but it wasn't anything I'd get poor after splurging, thank goodness, lol!

Susan always keeps it on top of her buffet in her beautiful red elegant dining room. 


I am totally elated I found this gorgeous "Shannon Crystal" pedestal domed cake plate stand, by 'Bohemian made in Poland.'

The lady owner of the shop told me it was hand etched and it's true as I entered Internet to find out about it and they said it was 'top notch' thing!

Up until today I have 'drooled' over "Susan's at Between Naps on the Porch" every single time I see it in her beautiful red dining room buffet! But no MORE dear Susan, lol!

The etchings are so beautiful!


I love it so much that I too placed it on top of my antique Belgium buffet along with some of my silver and sterling collection I keep here.

Thanks for dropping by sweet friends, as you always make my day!

Thanking the lovely and gracious hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will be joining:

Tablescape Thursday    http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Share Your Style   www.theuptownacorn.com
Grace at Home    www.impartinggrace.com
Home Sweet Home    http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Foodie Friday and Everything Else    http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com
Anything BLUE Friday    www.thededicatedhome.com
Make it Pretty Monday    www.thededicatedhouse.com
The Weekend Blog Hop    www.clairejustineoxox.com
Inspire Me Tuesday    http://astrollthrulife.net
Show and Tell Friday    http://myromantichome.blogspot.com

A Morning Cup of Joe    http://thecottagemarket.com
Simple and Sweet Fridays    http://roothedinthyme.blogspot.com
The (nut just) Homemaking Party    www.hopeineveryseason.com
SATURDAY SHOW OFF    http://malevikrosentradgard.blogspot.com
Sundays Down Under Linky Party    www.natashainoz.com
CLIMB Party    http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
PINK Saturday    http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Saturday Sparks Linky Party    http://piecespastimes.blogspot.com
Snickerdoodle Sunday    www.meatloafandmelodrama.com
Creative Mondays Hop    www.clairejustineoxox.com

Tea Time in the Summertime    http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com
Tuesdays Cuppa Tea    www.antiquesandteacups.net
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com
A Return to Loveliness   www.adelightsomelife.com







  







 





32 comments:

  1. Oh, Fabby...now I'm jealous of you AND Susan! LOL...Long ago I fell in love with her domed cakeplate too, and I even emailed her about it, but she couldn't remember the details--that's how much I've loved it! One of my favorite things about it is its height...you don't find many cakeplates with the dome that are that tall. It's a beautiful thing, and I'm encouraged that it can be found, or should I say it can be stumbled upon! Who would get rid of something like that?! I'm very happy for you, Fabby. I know you'll use it well. Te felicito; que lo disfrutes mucho. Carinos siempre, ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Fabby, this is a beauty! I don't have a covered cake plate, but have long admired them. I'm happy for you that you found this lovely piece. It belongs in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...the cake stand is a gorgeous addition to the buffet. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! It is stunning and perfect on your buffet with the other treasures!!! Enjoy it in good health, my friend......xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, so glad you found the cake stand. It always feels so good to find and acquire something you love that much. Susan does have so many drool worthy table scaping beauties. But from the looks of your sideboard, you're not doing so badly, yourself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Sensational! You lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so beautiful, and I'm so glad it's now in your home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful piece Fabby! How fun that you finally got a chance to pick one of these up! It will look beautiful with a cake displayed in it! Hugs, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous!! Now you can make Susan (and the rest of us) drool over YOUR new cake stand. lol This piece is a beautiful addition to your lovely home. I can't wait to see how you'll incorporate it into one of your teas or dinner parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen a lot of glass cake covers, but nothing to compare to this. Very pretty. I probably would be afraid to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo Fabby this is beautiful, love it :)

    Remember how much I love your pink and white plates? I am now the proud owner of some lovely ones,. :):)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is absolutely stunning, dear Fabby. And, it looks perfect on your lovely buffet. I am certain you brought a big smile to Susan's face.

    Happy Pink Saturday. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for always making Pink Saturday special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I is absolutely beautiful Fabby! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Fabby,
    Congrets for finding this beauty!
    The link to Susan, does have an 'i' in the porch part, so it is not functioning.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful piece, Fabby! I have been collecting crystal for 30 years. When we lived in Germany we used to go to the crystal factories several times a year. Enjoy your new find. Have a great weekend! xxx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice It made me think I need to sit mine out
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. That beautiful piece goes perfect on your buffet! How fun to finally find it. I had a similar thing happen to me. I had been coveting a hanging lamp from the 1800's for my dining room. I walked into an antique store one day and there it was. I told them I wanted it without knowing the price and I didn't care. I still have it, hanging over the dining room table for 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one gorgeous cake plate! One of my favorite items is my cake plate, I love using it, a cake can stay fresh in it for several days, it just doesn't dry out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a gorgeous piece, antique or not! Great find and perfect for your parties!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE that cake plate! WOW...you don't need to be jealous now anymore. Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous find, Fabby! It really is a gorgeous cake stand and I'm so glad you found it. Looks wonderful on your buffet. Thanks for sharing and joining me for tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Fabby,

    What a beautiful addition to your beautiful home. Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It really is a thing of beauty! Don't you love finding
    awesome treasures like that?
    Joy @ Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous!! Now I'M jealous! What a great find, Fabby.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Goregous indeed! I have always especially liked the ones with the thistle base. Great find! Any cake would be proud to be presented there! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful covered crystal cake stand! You were so fortunate to find this beauty. I love the location on the buffet for it has an elegant feel! Thank you for the tremendous comments about my post! I just had to share it with my husband and he says it is the best comment I have ever had! Have a wonderful week and really appreciate your kindness!

    Take care, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome find, Fabby! I was smiling when I read this post because I can totally relate to the thrill of acquiring an item that you've been in search of for a looooong time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I do apologize, Sweet Fabby, for not coming to visit for such a long time. I think your new purchase is incredibly beautiful, and looks so lovely in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is really wonderful! What a treasure - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very Pretty. Love your collections. Hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY