Thursday, April 16, 2015

FABBY: OMG, Another Dinner Party !


Hello sweet friends!

            OMG, another dinner party, for sure!

We decided on entertaining again, as we had to reciprocate to some more friends and yes, we do have lots of wonderful friends; so, since we made the dinner party to celeb our 40th. I haven't stopped the 'entertaining at home situation' lol..

I had sixteen friends, or eight couples including us for a dinner party, last night.

My menu was: Some horderves, such as a crab dip and some small hand pies.

The entré was a favorite of ours, nice, light in calories and simply delish, 'Zucchini Lasagna,' I've been making for a very long time, and the recipe came out from an old 'Good Housekeeping Magazine;' long before Internet or Pinterest was around! The recipe is at the end of this post, as it's great, low calorie and simply marvelous!

I've been making buffet dinners and serving it on top of my foyer's vintage French marble table, directly from the chafing dishes, as I've shown in my other posts.

Ok, here are the two tables I created for the dinner party last night. Hope you like them.


Some of the friends that follow me might remember I bought this Mandala Indian topper and it was too short in length for my large table, so I took it to my alterations lady and she cut a long strp from the sides, added it, sewed back the elephants and voilá!
She created a long table topper out of this lovely pattern.

I copied catted this apple and flower centerpiece from my Pinterest board; "Centerpieces of Various Styles and Seasons"

I loved it when I saw it with green apples, but I used the red ones because had I arranged it with the green ones, I was afraid it would look perfect for C'mas and with the red tablecloth.


The tablecloth is actually sort of a creamy-ivory color background, therefore, I used my reticulated ivory chargers, my dear Mil's vintage ivory china and the ivory flatware to sort of blend this kind of happy table, along with the linen ivory napkins.

I paired two different sets of Viennese hand etched glasses here.

The place set as I did it.


I love the long edge of the tablecloth with the elephants running thru it.

I also decorated the round breakfast vintage French table to sit six people, as between the two tables we were sixteen total.

I decided on mixing my two black and white china sets for six that I have. Here is the one place set.
 
I did buy them a few years ago with this idea in mind and I always set them together for Father's Day.

Here is the other mixed place set.


I always make a tea or coffee setting for after dinner and for this evening I chose my red transferware as opposed to my Mil's antique teacups from her china.


The stemware here was also my Mil's and it's French and they come in three different sizes.

Thank you so much sweet and kind friends for visiting me, you so make my day every time!

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.
A special thanks to the generous and supportive ladies that have recently featured me.

Kathy for "A BOUQUET OF TALENT LINKY PARTY"
Angel for "WAKE UP WEDNESDAY LINKY PARTY"

LOVE,
FABBY


ZUCCHINI LASAGNA

2 very large zucchini, about 1 pound each
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 Tbls. olive oil
1-16-ounce jar chunky spaghetti sauce
15 ounces ricotta cheese
8 ounce mozzarella cheese, grated
2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Basil sprigs for garnish

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/8 inch-thick slices.
Parboil in three batches, 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove from pot and drain well on paper towels.

In heavy saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat until soft but not brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile combine ricotta and half of the mozzarella, eggs, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in large bowl. Blend with a wooden spoon.

Preheat oven to 375F.  Butter an  11x9x2 inch baking pan. Spoon a thin layer of sauce in bottom of pan. Cover with slices of zucchini, overlapping slightly. (cut to fit).  Spread 1/2 cup of sauce over zucchini. Top with half ricotta-cheese mixture.
Repeat a layer of zucchini, sauce and cheese mixture.
Finish with a layer of zucchini and remaining sauce.
Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.

Bake in preheated oven 40 to 45 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Garnish with basil sprigs if you want.

I will be joining:

Tablescape Thursday    http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Foodie Friday and Everything Else    http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com
Home Sweet Home    http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Show and Tell Friday    http://myromantichome.blogspot.com
The Weekend Blog Hop    www.clairejustineoxox.com
A Morning Cup of Joe    http://thecottagemarket.com
PINK Saturday     http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party    www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com
Chain Linky CLIMB   www.godsgrowinggarde.com
Simple Saturday Blog Hop    www.sunnysimplelife.com

Silver Pennies Sunday    www.findingsilverpennies.com
Snickerdoodle Sunday    www.meatloafandmelodrama.com
A Return to Loveliness    www.adelightsomelife.com
Make it Pretty Monday    www.thededicatedhouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday    http://astrollthrulife.net
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME    http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com
MMM #274 Block Party    www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com
Amaze Me Monday    www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com

THE SCOOP:
Debbie at,    Confessions of a Plate Addict
Suzy at,    Worthing Court
Ivonne at,    Stone Gable
Anita at,    Cedar Hill Farmhouse

You're Gonna Love it    www.kathewithande.com
Pretty in Pink Teacups    www.marthasfavorites.com
Brag About it    www.vmg206.com
Tuesday with a Twist    www.godsgrowinggarden.com
Tasty Tuesdays    www.anyonita-nibbles.co.uk
Wow Us Wednesday    www.savvysouthernstyle.net
Share Your Cup Thursday    http://jannolson.blogspot.com
Share Your Style    http://northernnesting.blogspot.com
Home and Garden Thursday    www.adelightsomelife.com
It's a Party    http://acreaticeprincess.blogspot.com

































 

















































































32 comments:

  1. Hi Fabby Love the colourful table. Apples and roses centrepiece is pretty and something new. Your collection of dishes are amazing and i wonder how you store and use them frequently.The table has a Indian touch with the use of elephants. Hope you had a lovely time. Happy week end. Love sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I LOVE it!!!
    You KNOW where I would want to be seated!!! By that magical window!!!
    LOVE the view all the way from down here in Texas!!!
    I am going to copy cat YOUR copy cat of the apples and roses centerpiece!! Our roses are exploding right now!!!
    Thank you for that amazing recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bom dia, Fabby! Como é bom receber os amigos em casa para o jantar, a sua mesa ficou muito bem organizada e bonita, parabéns pelo seu bom gosto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great table designs, Fabby! I bet your guests love coming to your house for the decor as much as for your company and meals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so much fun with all your beautiful table settings, Fabby...and we get to enjoy them right along with you.
    People must LOVE coming to your house for dinner- not only for the company but for the special way you treat them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both tables are beautiful, Fabby. I remember when you did a post about the red elephant tablecloth...it is so pretty. I especially like that black china, gorgeous!
    Love the centerpiece...cute idea!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks so pretty and the zucchini lasagna sound absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...your table setting are just gorgeous....thank you for sharing...HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby, I just love the setting by the window, beautiful and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Fabby,
    You did set a very lovely table for your friends and the apple idea for filling up a vase looks stunning the way you interpreted it!
    Your dinner sounds very yummy and yet, light in a way.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table settings are both gorgeous and I adore your apple and rose centerpiece. The zucchini lasagna sounds so delicious. What a wonderful dinner party this must have been. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fabby, your tables look beautiful. I love the apples with the flowers inside, beautiful idea :) I have never hosted a dinner party before, but with 4 children it feels like a small party everyday :):)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Love Love...

    Hope you are all in the best of everything.

    Besitos...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dear Fabby! Oh, my what lovely tables you've set for your dinner parties. I'm sure you are the most wonderful hostess and the menu sounds so delicious! Thank you always for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful...love both the tables. The vintage china is gorgeous! What a fabulous hostess you are for so many folks and the lasagna sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! Absolutely adore your pink elephant table cover! It just pops! I don't know how you manage to make all your table settings always seem new and different!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely tables Fabby! Would love to be able to whisk down there and join you! Your tables always look so elegant, and I love the whimsy of the elephants running around the table!
    The centerpiece is gorgeous! xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the chargers on your ivory table. I have never seen any like that. You are amazing! Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha!ha! Seems like we are having a contest who gives the most dinner parties, Fabby, but you win cause I am still so busy packing. I only have 2 weeks left before we load in the truck. Your tables are so beautiful and that is such a neat centerpiece....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you mixed up the place settings at the table for 6. It looks terrific and is fun to see how you did it. And the other table looks marvelous too. I once had a table cloth that was "too long" for my table. So I cut off the end and made a runner for my buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Fabby,
    You are so funny! I loved the title of this post, but it should have read another Fabulous dinner party!!!! Happy Anniversary!. I love when you use the elephant table cloth -- one of my favorites. Your red transferware is lovely. Happy Tea Day! Thanks for the recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How beautiful! It must be fun to be part of your dinner parties!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two lovely table settings. Lucky guests. That centrepiece is quite different and I would think was a bit of a talking point.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where is my elephants' tablecloth?
    I completely forgot about it.
    I bought it a couple of years ago in a street market - I don't think they were thinking of it as tablecloth but curtain or some showing piece - and must have put it on the "some day" drawer...
    Mine is white and blue. Strong blue. I'll need white dishes and simple accents. You did wonderfully above that lovely canvas.
    I love the centerpiece.
    It would be a waste not to host another Party so you could play and people enjoy you and your lovely home and things.
    Take Care,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful table designs Fabby !!



    Kiss

    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabby, I love your tablescapes! Apples and roses sure did make a nice centerpiece! I love using fruit with flowers too! I spotted the blue and white dishes on the wall too! LOL!
    Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks wonderful Fabby! Thank you for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your table is gorgeous, and the lasagna sounds wonderful! I've been meaning to try a veggie version, so I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous tables, Fabby! How fun! Have a great weekend! xxx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Fabby! Yes, I remember your pretty elephant table cloth. You know, I am hungry now, and was very tempted by your Zucchini Lasagna. Copied the recipe for the season! We are going to have a very heavy Norwegian speciality tonight; dried rack of lamb and mashed rutabaga...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gabby, love all your sets of dishes. How many different sets do you own?! It must be fun using all those beautiful dishes! Love your posts! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  32. Never tire of seeing a tablescape by you Fabby. You do them so well! Love the elephants traipsing along the edge of the tablecloth also. The dishes are so pretty and I like the clever apple and blooms centerpiece! I'm pinning your lasagna. Love eating light meals in the summer! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY