Monday, January 5, 2015

FABBY: Tea Table for "Three Kings Day 2015"


Hello sweet friends!

    Ok, we are starting the first complete week of January and tomorrow is "Three Kings Day Epiphany"  and the Spaniards celebrate their Christmas and children receive gifts and grown ups have dinner...and of course exchange gifts as well; like our C'mas Eve and tomorrow it's like C'mas Day for them as some other countries, like Cuba.

Therefore, I am celebrating too with a tea party I'm having for my friends but actually some are my mother's school friends, that are so sweet and wonderful.

Always wishing you have a wonderful new year 2015, my friends.

I will not have time tomorrow, I'm always so busy to take pics, but here is my table with just the cake. Hope I can add some more food photos tomorrow, which is "Three Kings Day Epiphany."

Ok here it is, my house is still with the Christmas décor for "THREE KINGS DAY 2015" celebration.



Some of you have probably seen this pretty satin embroidered tablecloth every C'mas since I'm blogging three years and more.
I bought it several years ago.



The centerpiece has two bird nests, one big and one small.
Therefore, I placed Baby Jesus in the bigger nest with the Three Kings surrounding it.
 

The Citrus, Coconut and Cranberriy Cake, decorated with orange icing, some coconut flakes and cherries.


The tablecloth is cream color, so I used my cream reticulated dinner plates as chargers in order to blend the C'mas dishes that are very white.

If you wish the recipe for the cake you can go here:
 
http://fabbysliving.blogspot.com/2014/12/fabby-tea-time-and-cake.html


The teaset you see been used for this tea party was made and hand decorated back at our former Ceramic Co.



Mother told me that when she was a child the custom in Latin American countries were that Christmas, gift giving and celebrating was like in Spain; the 6th. of January, "Three Kings Day."

She also explained that she never knew how or when it became to be C'mas Eve and C'mas Day as we know it now; because she was still a young a girl in the late 30's when the change happened.




Vintage Italian glasses and water pitcher from our former factory.

I came back to add some more food photos to my Kings table...that is besides the cake.
 
Martha Stewart's C'mas cookies, which are really deli. The cocottes, at your left,  in the little bowls are spinach soufflés as antrees.

 Fudge Brownies, white Divinity Candy and Ham, Brie with Honey-mustard sandwiches all the way in the back and of course the C'mas cake shown in other photos here.

I finally could add some food cause they wanted me to take pics of my lovely table, but my guests didn't want to appear on the pics; they're not like my grand-girls, lol!



Thank you so much sweet friends for your kind and lovely comments, as you always make my day.

Thanking the gracious hostesses for having me at their great parties.

A special thanks to the hostesses that have honored me by featuring my post at their great parties... and what a great start!

January 5th, 2015:    Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday
January 7th., 2015:  
Jody and Stan for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Happy and blessed New Year 2015, once more to you all.

LOVE,
FABBY

I will be joining this week:

First Tea Time- Rose Chintz Cottage
Tea Cup Tuesday
Tea Cup Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Friends Sharing Tea
Inspire Me Tuesday
Isabelle Thornston
Show and Share
Make it Pretty Monday
A Return to Loveliness

TUESDAYS at OUR HOME
THE SCOOP:
Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Confessions of a Plate Addict
Stone Gable
Worthing Court
You're Gonna Love it
VMG206: Brag About It
Inspire Me Monday
Tuesdays with a Twist

Tasty Tuesday
Totally Talented Tuesdays
Try a New Recipe Tuesday
Tasty Tuesdays
What We Accomplished Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Wake up Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday
Vintage Inspiration Party
Creative Ways Linky Party

Wildly Original Linky Party
Tablescape Thursday   http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Home and Garden Thursday
Create it Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
What's it Wednesday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Grace at Home
Home Sweet Home
The Foodie Friday and Everything else Party
The Weekend Blog Hop
SATURDAY SHOW OFF









 




47 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your King's Table is fun and festive! I like how you used the cream plates to soften and blend the Christmas dishes with your lovely tablecloth. Your table is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as always. I especially adore the reindeer candle holders. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tableso are always so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Epiphany!

    I wish we DID still celebrate it as it was once celebrated......there is always such a crazy rush from Thanksgiving to the few weeks after to Christmas.......

    Your teatime table is absolutely gorgeous, festive and beautiful, Fabby!

    Happy New Year too, sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Beautiful Table Fabby. Have a wonderful 3 kings day. Love and hugs sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful! The table, the tree and the cake all look wonderful!My birthday is today- Epiphany- and I wish I could join you! Have a lovely time :)
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLA FABBY
    FELIZ AÑO NUEVO Y FELIZ DÍA DE REYES!!!
    YO SOLO TENGO QUE DECIRTE GRACIAS!!!
    PARA MI ES MUY GRATO VISITARTE, SIEMPRE VER TU CASA IMPECABLE.
    GRACIAS POR PERMITIRME ENTRAR Y PODER SER PARTE. Y ME GUSTARÍA QUE SIGUIESE SIENDO ASÍ
    TE DESEO SALUD, PAZ Y PROSPERIDAD, PARA TI Y TUS SERES QUERIDOS EN ESTE 2015.
    FELIZ DÍA!!
    CARIÑOS
    MIVA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your lovely party, and sharing about the different traditions. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Burn dia Fabby Feliz dia de Reyes
    Si nosoto espera mis Los Reyes Mago Es una tradition de todo lis Latino Catolico muy Linda
    Yo pude hacer my tablescape ya q regrese a trabajar el 5 despues de unas larga vacation
    Feliz Ano Nuevo y muchas bendiciones
    Isora
    Tu Mesa Es una bellesa Como ciempre muy elegante
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table is beautiful, Fabby. What a lovely tradition. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Italian glasses are just gorgeous, also the tablecloth and table setting1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely table! And the cake looks like a favorite recipe I love! Happy 2015 and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty table, Fabby! I love the bright red and white. Your glasses are gorgeous. And oh my, your cake looks delicious. Thank you for sharing and joining me for Tea Time. Happy New Year, my friend!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are the BEST of the best, dear Fabby. I know the tea will be enjoyed by all.

    ...and it makes perfect sense to me that gifts be exchanged on Three Kings' Day instead of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabby, I love this!! Nobody here does this, and I think it is a shame. Today is the 12th day of Christmas, Epiphany, or as you call it, three King's Day. Everyone here has been done with Christmas for at least a week. I hate to see it go so fast. I used to bake a cake and slip a gold coin in it (gold foil wrapped chocolate) after it was baked. The person who got the coin got to wear a crown for the day, and be king or queen! And we placed the three kings next to the nativity -- my children would be moving them from one end of the house toward Baby Jesus for 12 days.
    How I wish I could just fly down there and join you for a piece of that delicious-looking cake in your lovely setting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautifully set table! The tablecloth is lovely and really adds to the overall look. The whole thing is elegant and wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous table. The cake looks downright yummy! Love the tea set.
    Happiest of New Years to you and look forward to following you in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabby, your Epiphany table is fabulous and thanks again for the cake recipe. Send those reindeer candle holders here! ;) I have a "thing" for reindeer. Happy Tea Day and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabby, beautiful! I love that traditional tablecloth, so pretty! The cake looks and sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabby,
    I adore that you celebrate the Epiphany!!!
    In my youth, I portrayed the King with Myrrh. I remember asking my MoMa what it was. She told me the story beyond Jesus Birth. I will always treasure the story in my heart. My MoMa came to hear me sing the song, "We Three Kings" as I processed to the cradle to lay down my 'gift'!!!
    Your tablescape is a lovely tribute to this festive occasion.
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always set such a lovely table, Fabby! Everything looks perfect for Three Kings Day. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, Look how pretty! Festive and sure to impress your guests on this special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Dear Fabby....Your table looks exquisite. The cloth! So beautiful and the china. Even the cake is truly gorgeous. Fabulous job.

    Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dearest Fabby,
    Always loved this tradition and it is so much better than at Christmas.
    Lovely table for your Epiphany!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  26. The tea set is perfect for Christmas festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Three King's Day is new to me, but I love the idea of having something new to celebrate, particularly a day that comes a bit after Christmas so that, hopefully, I can actually be ready for it. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful celebration, Fabby. This is a special tradition. Thanks for sharing your pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Perfection Fabby dear! Love your dinnerware! Happy three kings to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my friend...I love it all. The cake, the dishes, Kings! WOW! I love your header picture too! WOW! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabby, I am rewriting my comment with PROPER SPELLING.

    It would not let me edit so I am re doing.

    Your table looks wonderful. We used to celebrate 3 kings day when we lived in Puerto Rico. Got out of the habit when we moved back to the states. Too bad as it was a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now that's what I love about blogging. Just a minute ago, I was reading about some Greek traditions on a fellow blogger's page and here I am being introduced to Three Kings Day!

    Hope you have a nice day with your loved ones. Happy New Year.

    Keep blogging,
    Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness! I love this! I love looking at anything Christmas and this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It is such a beautiful table setting. How inviting. I am sure you had a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really love this and I'm delighted to see you celebrating the Three Magi arrival. Christmas isn't over yet while we keep living all these feelings and beauties in our home...
    Can't understand the hurry some have to get rid of every trace so I was so happy to see you parting still with your finest china and best care for those lovely souls coming over.
    Hope you had a wonderful day and though I know it's lots of work I'm sure you enjoyed every minute of it because in a way you're celebrating your terrific mother through the friends that love her as much.
    You're a Blessing Fabby.
    Love,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a spectacular table, Fabby. I LOVE your tablecloth!! You have prepared such a wonderful celebration; I'm sure your guests felt very special. Thank you for sharing this special tradition. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  37. We are in Mexico so it is a big thing here! I love it and if I am ever home for January 6th, I need to have a nice celebration. My birthday is today so I usually try to be somewhere warm to make each year easier!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my goodness, Fabby...you have SO MANY gorgeous items & I love how you USE them, too! I know your friends & family must feel so special to see the effort you put forth to make them feel at home. You are a very talented & gracious hostess!
    ♥♥♥ the Citrus, Coconut and Cranberry Cake, decorated with orange icing...thanks for the recipe link.
    Hoping you'll have many, many more beautiful parties like this in 2015! (and you'll share them with US, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful table! I LOVE those Italian glasses! Absolutely to gorgeous! We also celebrated Epiphany. You can drop by the blog to see our table setting! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabby, your table is so lovely. That tablecloth is gorgeous! I also had a Thee Kings Day get-together but ours was a Dessert and Coffee affair served buffet style, and I didn't set a table. Three Kings is such a nice way to celebrate the end of the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You are such a gracious hostess. I don't know how you pull off such large parties. I would be a nervous wreck.

    Your table is beautiful and I love the little history about Three Kings Day.

    Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Happy New Year!

    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  42. I can't say anything about this table except, it is the most beautiful table I have seen! I love it all, from the tablecloth to the dishes centerpiece and wonderful cake!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your guests are so honored to be sitting at your beautiful table. The cake sounds delicious.
    Wishing you all the best of 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  44. As always your table is beautiful! I love the tablecloth...it's so pretty!
    I hope your daughter is doing and feeling better. Hugs, Oliva

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very beautiful!!!!!



    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  46. An elegant tea table, and a beautiful table cloth!
    Wish you a wonderful 2015 :-?

    ReplyDelete
  47. So beautiful Fabby! I love that tablecloth and baby Jesus is so sweet nestled in the nest! The cake looks delicious and that tea set is just gorgeous! I am sure everyone had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY