Tuesday, January 27, 2015

FABBY: January 2015, First Rosary Gathering


Hello sweet friends!

Here I am 'hosting' again this month and this time is the very 'First Rosary of 2015.'

I am very excited as this would be the second year some of us are getting together, praying for the sick, for the ones that require special prayers, for family and friends, etc. Here I am ready for your requests as well, please do so.

 I'm starting with sweet hubby's favorite pottery dishes we made back at our factory and this one was called 'Carnations' and it's his, just like the embroidery in the collars and cuffs of the Indigenous people of Ecuador's blouses and shirts. 
 
Since the 28th. of January is Alejandro's birthday, I am setting my tea tables with his 'very own dishes' in his honor.

Our tea party after prayers is very simple, just bread, home jams and cheese; but this time been that it's the first Rosary of 2015 and it's also Alejandro's birthday and all the fifteen friends are coming, I decided it to treat them to my ''Carrot-Coconut Cake' they love.

Here you have it and Happy Birthday to the love of my life.

I didn't use a table topper this time, but my balsa-wood placemats I really love and they seem perfect with the decoration in the edges of the china.
Take a look!

I will have some yummy cookies my friend offered to bring later on, in this pretty basket.

The Carrot Cake recipe is at the end of this post, for the ones that wish to make it and it is a great cake, you will love it!

The salad plate and in this case the cake plate is decorated just like the dinner and soup bowls.
This set of dishes were made for a complete 16 place settings.



A delish butter and braided loaf bread.
My favorite tea dishes are this gorgeous 12 place settings and very complete 'Staffordshire, English Red Tranferware.'
I hate to say it's a favorite, as I have so many dishes and there's lots I totally love!

Congratulations dear Sandi for such a huge Bloggiversary and Tea Party and thank you so much for the time you share with us every week.
I for one adore tea parties, and you have been such an inspiration for me and I have learned so much about the beautiful teacups and dishes you always share. 



 

I used the crocheted runner mother made for me many years ago, as it seem to go so well with the cutwork balsa-wood placemats around it. 

Look how cute the half peach is on the jam bowl!

Cute little chicken resting on the top of the sugar bowl's lid.

The china is made of 'terracotta' and left  showing in the inside of the teacups for more of a country look.

The breakfast vintage French table will sit six ladies as well and maybe even one more.
I bought this cotton tablecloth many years ago, specially to match these dishes.


The glass lazy-susan will hold the jam bowls, the cookies, sugar bowl and bread basket, along with the cheese plate.
Here a smaller ceramic basket for my friend's cookies.



Thank you so very much dear friends for your sweet and kind comments, you always make my day!

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties each week.

LOVE,
FABBY



Walnut Delicious Carrot Cake

2 cups all purpose-flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 cups fine shredded carrot
1 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts  (optional)

3/4 Cup shaved coconut (optional)

In a bowl of the K. Aid, or electric mixer of your choice, combine flour, bp, bs, and cinnamon.
Add carrot, oil, coarse walnuts and eggs. Beat until very well combined. Add coconut and beat together, as well.

Pour into one bundt cake, like I did, or two greased and floured 9x1 1/2-inch round baking pans.
 Bake at 350F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or check your oven, or when tooth pick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.

Let it cool 10 minutes in pan and remove. Let cool completely before putting the cream-cheese frosting on it.

Cream-Cheese Frosting

2-3 ounces packages cream cheese
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
2 tsps vanilla
4 1/2 to 4 3/4 cups sifted powder sugar  (this amount is perfect for the filling too, but ONLY for icing, just on the top; I make less of the amount the recipe asks for)

 In a bowl beat together all ingredients, until light and fluffy. Check to see if it's of spreading consistency.
Spread on top of cake, or use for the filling of two cake layers and on top as well.

Garnish with some coconut and half Maraschino cherries, like in the photo here.




Thanking you sweet and kind friends for all the comments you leave me, as you always make my day!

Thanking the gracious hostesses for having me at their great parties each week.




I will be joining:

Tea Time Tuesday Anniversary    http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com
A Return to Loveliness    http://www.adelightsomelife.com
Tuesday Cuppa Tea    www.antiquesandteacups.com
Friends Sharing Tea    http://blogbernideens.com
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME    http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com
Share Your Cup Thursday    http://jannolson.blogspot.com
Inspire Me Tuesday    www.astrollthrulife.net
Vintage Inspiration Party    http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com
What's it Wednesday   http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Wake Up Linky Party    www.godsgrowinggarden.com

Wednesday Blog Hop    www.clairejustineoxox.com
Centerpiece Wednesday    http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com
Homemaking party    www.hopeineveryseason.com
Share Your Cup Thursday   http://jannolson.blogSpot.com
Thursday Favorite Things    http://katherinescoener.com
Home and Garden Thursday     www.adelightsomelife.com
Before and After Wednesday   www.thededicatedhouse.com
Willdly Original Link Party    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
Create it Thursday    www.lambertslately.com
Tablescape Thursday    http://betweennapsontheporch.net

Creative Ways Link Party    www.posedperfection.com
Show and Tell Friday    http://myromantichome.blogspot.com
BLUE Monday     http://smilingsally.blogspot.com
Amaze Me Monday    www.dwellings-theheartofyour.com
The Sunday Showcase Party    www.bystephanielynn.com






















 

24 comments:

  1. very beautiful my friend hope you have enjoyable gathering! Xo hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby I absolutely love those dishes and oh how I would LOVE a piece of your cake right about now!! Happy Birthday to the hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colorful dishes - the pattern and colors are so vibrant! Your tea party sounds delicious and your guests are in for a special treat. How wonderful that you gather for prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband has great taste in dishes! I love coconut and would love to try your carrot coconut cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dishes! So colorful! My oldest grandson's irthday is Jan. 28th as well! Such a welcoming table to a special time! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dishes are so colourful and pretty, Fabby. What a fabulous table they set. The basket is really cute. Happy Birthday to your hubby! I too love your red transferware and I love all the colours but the red is my favourite. Thank you dear Fabby for joining my Anniversary Tea Party and celebrating with me. You are always a joy to have!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your table setting Fabby, perfect for a Valentine dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Fabby,
    Happy Birthday to your dear Alejandro! Love your special setting for the first 2015 Rosary Gathering!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dishes and would really like a slice of that bread and cake! LOL! Thanks for the recipe. I haven't made a homemade carrot cake in so long....Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your company's pottery is so beautiful, every kind I have seen. I always love the little details on the tops of lids -- the fruit and animals, so whimsical. What a blessings to get together with friends and pray and enjoy a lovely table and tea and cake together.
    Happy birthday to you dear husband.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dishes your dear hubby created are just gorgeous Fabby....you table looks just beautiful....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoyed reading your blog post. The tablescape is beautiful. And, thank you for the delicious cake recipe. I'm going to make one!

    ReplyDelete


  13. Hi Fabby....The dishes are fabulous. Love the floral patterns on them. The table setting is gorgeous. Happy Birth Day to your hubby. Hope you had a lovely celebration. Love sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your table Fabby, lovely pattern on your tableware :)

    Thanks for stopping by and linking up #Wednesdaybloghop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola querida Fabby,

    Pero que belleza. Tu mesa esta hermosa. Esos platos son verdaderamente espectaculares. Me encanta el color brillante y alegre de su diseno. Una mesa para una amigable y bella celebracion.

    Abrazos desde NJ...

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to your dear husband! Your beautiful tables are so bright and cheerful and inspiring! I love the pottery your family's company makes. I love that you gather with friends to pray. "When two or more are gathered in My name, I am there in their midst."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabby, a belated happy birthday to your sweetheart! Once again, you have set a wonderful table. The dishes are so festive and a perfect jolt of color for me here on this cold, gray day in Tennessee.

    I especially love the significance of your gathering and the focus on prayer. Much needed in our world today! I've long believed prayer is our world's greatest untapped resource... Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't say enough about this table. Your dishes with their accent pieces are BEAUTIFUL. You've matched colors and patterns so well. All you guests will feel special while seated at such a lovely setting. Bravo! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Fabby! Gorgeous rosary tea (and Happy belated birthday to your husband!). I'm always so amazed when I see some of your pottery designs. I really like how complete the set is with candlestick holders and that pretty basket.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful table!!! I love how you do these Rosary Gatherings!!
    Happy belated birthday to your beloved! My brother's birthday was the 29th and we all gathered to celebrate with him yesterday!
    Thank you for sharing that recipe! I hope to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabby, you are the hostess with the mostest! lol! You always so such an amazing job. The table is beautiful and yum, I love carrot cake! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Fabby,

    Your husband is an artist! I love that pattern.

    Have a Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Fabby, your hubby is very artistic! I need to get my hand blown bundt pan out! I have it from Princess House many years ago and it makes the best bundt cakes! I will try your recipe here thank you. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am always so fascinated with your dishes, Fabby. Whenever you do a tablescape, I think the dishes are the prettiest you've shown. Until the next time, and I again think those are the prettiest. I guess they are all equally lovely, and you display them so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY