Thursday, September 18, 2014

FABBY: Visiting our Daughter Alexandra


Hello sweet friends!

Alejandro and I have been for almost a week visiting our Miss Living, Alexandra, for her birthday, September 16th.

Here are some photos from the dinner party we did that very evening for her, her boyfriend and us.

I cooked a real great dinner, (if I may say so myself, lol)

Here goes part of Alexandra's beautiful high rise apartment in Quito-Ecuador.


I love her apartment, it's just great and so comfy with two big bedrooms and three baths and of course, laundry room, fabulous storage, lovely kitchen, etc.
 

We were four for her birthday dinner...Mr. Living, me, Miss Living and her boyfriend.

The gorgeous dishes in pink and green were designed by her at our past Ceramic Co. and the design came from a dwindle embroidered skirt she saw on an indigenous woman and took a picture for me to reproduce it in the china.



Here, at left the pasta bowl, where I served home made 'Capelleti' with pesto sauce, as the entree. The small pan with a handle is with the Parmesan cheese.
Here is the design of the dinner plate...of course these dishes have lots of pieces! 
Alexandra saw the woman wearing one embroidered skirt in green and another on top embroidered in pink.

The salad plate was made in pink to contrast the green in the dinner plate.
Both, are made by potter's wheel and hand decorated as well.
Which mean that both procedures are 'made by hand'...as all our dishes from Alejandro's past factory were.

Cream of soup bowl with handles.
 

The dining set is vintage French and upholstered with blue leather, which I love and the two at the ends are in a blue pattern material.

I mentioned to Alexandra that blue transferware would look great in the table and she said: 'I don't like that look'...I felt soo sick, lol!

Alexandra has also modern dish wear too... and a set from her grandma she loves, with lots of strawberries...so I can't expect 'everyone' to go for transferware, right?

Isn't this view to die for? Some of the spectacular view from her apartment window, which in real life is so much more panoramic and incredibly stunning than what you see here, in the pic! 

Both, in the day time and evening the view is over the top gorgeous, with the highest Andean mountains in the world and snowed up peaks, but down in the city weather is dry, sunny and about 80.

If you'd like a tour of beautiful 'Quito- Ecuador, Patrimony of Humanity;' I posted a while ago... here is the link:

http://fabbysliving.blogspot.com/2011/09/fabby-quito-ecuador-tour.html


My dearest birthday girl!





The friends that always follow me know I sent my gorgeous alabaster round table to DD Alex, after hubby bought another lovely vintage French table for our breakfast room. 
Here it is in Alexandra's foyer now! As you enter the house there's a long corridor and at the end you hit the table, so it's perfect here!

Thanks for your sweet and kind comments, as you always make my day!

Thanking the lovely hostesses for having me at their great parties.

LOVE,
FABBY

Tablescape Thursday   http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Grace at Home   www.impartinggrace.com
Home Sweet Home   http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Show and Tell Friday   http://myromantichome.blogspot.com
PINK Saturday   http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Say G'Saturday   www.natashainoz.com
What's it Wednesday   http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
The Inspiration Gallery   www.craftberrybush.com
Show and Tell Friday   http://romantichome.blogspot.com

Thursdays Favorite Things Blog Hop   http://katherinescorner.com
SATURDAY SHOW OFF   http://malevikrosentradgard.blogspot.com
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop   www.sunnysimplelife.com
"Isabelle Thorston" Le Chateau des Fleurs  www.lechateaudesflurs.com
G'Day Saturday   www.natashainoz.com
Show and Tell Saturday   www.bedifferentactnormal.com
Saturday Sparks   http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

Birds of a Feather   www.itsoverflowing.com
The Bouquet of Talent   www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com
Inspire Me Tuesday   http://astrollthrulife.net
Metamorphosis Monday   http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Inspire Me Monday   www.createwithjoy.com
Make it Monday   http://distresseddonnadownhome.blogspot.com
Amaze Me Monday   www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com
Mod Mix Monday   http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com
A Return to Loveliness   www.adelightsomelife.com
The Sunday Showcase Party   www.bystephanielynn.com

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME   http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com
Make it Pretty Monday   www.thededicatedhouse.com
The SCOOP   http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com
Tuesday Garden Party   http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com
An Autumn Tea   http://sandimyyeloowdoor.blogspot.com
Tuesday Cuppa Tea   www.antiquesandteacups.info
Centerpiece Wednesday   http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com
Wordless Wednesday   www.createwithjoy.com
Wake up Wednesday   http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com
Vintage Inspiration Party   http://bec-4beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com
Wow Us Wednesday   www.savvysouthernstyle.com































 

55 comments:

  1. Wow, Fabby, her apartment and that view are both stunning. I love her dishes and your dinner sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fabby,

    Like Mother, like daughter, huh?

    Adorable living and the view is unbelievable.

    Just loving her treasure too.

    Hugs to all spec the lil princesses.

    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Fabby, what a gorgeous setting. The table is beautiful and the view amazing! Birthday greetings to your daughter.

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Fabby, your daughters apartment is spectacular!!!!!!! The view is so gorgeous too. I love the dishes and the dinner you prepared sounds so good. I am sure you all had a wonderful celebration. I am so glad you could all be together!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic view from your daughter's apartment!
    I love the patterns your dish factory produced...they are all dishes that make me smile.
    Have a wonderful weekend, Fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her excellent tastes definitely takes after her mama!!!! Love her apartment and that view is just breath-taking! Love the cute design she chose, and you know, what, her tastes might change over time about those transfer ware, I know I did! Belated happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby, I love the tableware (learned more about you and your backstory on dishes tonight!). Alexandra's apt views are stunning, and her dining set very handsome. I love the navy leather and tufting. You're right - blue transferware would look amazing. :)
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seguramente han pasado en familia un hermoso momento.
    Besos Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fabby. Gorgeous daughter, gorgeous apartment. And that china! Ohhhhh, so dreamy.

    That view! Stunning.

    Thank you for your visit. What very lovely post. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Fabby,
    Happy belated Birthday to you sweet Alexandra.
    You are a doting Mama for cooking a great dinner for all four of you.
    Well, personal tast is just that and we cannot make others to like what we do... But who knows?!
    Sending you hugs dear lady.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete


  11. Stunning Fabby....Beautifully done.Gorgeous set of things. Love the pretty dish wears on the side board. The night view simply great.B'day wishes to her and enjoy your stay.Love and hugs sujatha..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to Alexandra! wow! I love that view, it truly is to die for! And the dishes that she designed, so pretty! I love the colors and the contrasts. And your daughter is so beautiful!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my DEAR!!! It is all so lovely!!!
    I so love the view YOU have from your place! Now here is your daughter's view!! It's all about location! Location! Location!!
    Total elegance and I would expect nothing less from a daughter of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's no doubt whatsoever that your daughter has inherited your flare. Her apartment is just beautiful! Isn't it just he loveliest thing, to see one's dear daughter so happy?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Fabby,
    Glad you are having such a good time
    in Quito visiting with your daughter.
    Belated Happy Birthday to her, she is
    a beautiful young lady.
    Her apt. is so modern looking somehow I wouldn't have expected that....but it is really lovely.
    Did not know your hubby had a pottery dish factory at one time, how neat!
    and these dishes are amazing and so
    whimsical looking and beautiful.
    The view is magnificient....hoping you have some pics on the other link about Quito. Have a safe trip home with you aren't already back.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughters apartment is beautiful Fabby ! Love those dishes !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Fabby! I see where she gets her style! Those dishes are incredible, and that view -- oh my. So special you got to be with her and cook a meal for her on her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous view from your daughter's apartment Fabby! I love her taste in dishes, pink and green are such a pretty combination. I wish you still had the ceramic factory so I could buy some of those beautiful dinnerware sets!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for sharing your happy memory making. Thank you for sharing and for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a breathtaking view..her apt. is so pretty and I know you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely one of the prettiest sets of dishes I have ever seen! Lovely girl, view, and table.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HOLA FABBY

    GRACIAS POR ACORDARTE DE MI EN ESTOS 8 MESES QUE ESTUVE CON LOS COMENTARIOS CERRADOS. EXTRAÑABA VISITAR LOS BLOG DE VAJILLAS PARA EL TÉ Y DE COSAS TAN MÁGICAS Y BONITAS COMO LAS QUE PRESENTAS SIEMPRE.
    TE MANDO UN BESO GRANDE.
    NO PUEDO DECIR MUCHO PORQUE NO ME HA DEJADO TRADUCIR LA PÁGINA.

    BESOS Y ABRAZOS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HOLA FABBY

    GRACIAS POR ACORDARTE DE MI EN ESTOS 8 MESES QUE ESTUVE CON LOS COMENTARIOS CERRADOS. EXTRAÑABA VISITAR LOS BLOG DE VAJILLAS PARA EL TÉ Y DE COSAS TAN MÁGICAS Y BONITAS COMO LAS QUE PRESENTAS SIEMPRE.
    TE MANDO UN BESO GRANDE.
    NO PUEDO DECIR MUCHO PORQUE NO ME HA DEJADO TRADUCIR LA PÁGINA.

    BESOS Y ABRAZOS.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Fabby, que belleza. Ese apartamento es verdaderamente espectacular. Elegantemente dedorado y tu hija es una mujer muy hermosa.

    Abrazos,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous dishes:-) Lucky daughter, and what a view!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for stopping by and pinning my pumpkins! Your daughter is beautiful, love her apt. and dishes, what a beautiful place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabby, your daughter is absolutely stunning...as is her apt. Wow, such incredible views! She's talented like her Mom.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful home! I love the colors used.

    Happy Birthday wishes to your lovely daughter.

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh sweet Fabby, you are so nice to leave such lovely comments. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  30. A very beautiful apartment and dishes! Your daughter also has a wonderful view.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Fabby,

    What a lovely, large apartment. I love that view! Those blue leather chairs are the best! Isn’t it fun finding blue?

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Fabby,

    What a lovely, large apartment. I love that view! Those blue leather chairs are the best! Isn’t it fun finding blue?

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, what a great collection of tableware. I always like when the creative and the practical come together. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks fabulous, Fabby! What a great celebration.

    PS Make sure you follow me on my Main Blog www.ciaonewportbeach.blogspot.com/ for all the latest and greatest here in Newport Beach!!

    Thanks and

    Ciao!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are such a giver, Fabby.
    Never miss a chance to enjoy the family and make your stay so enjoyable and memorable.
    She's very beautiful and I hope you get to have a Wedding to organize soon.
    Her home is heavenly beautiful. I'm hopeless with homes with terrific views... sometimes I even miss the details of decor or living - which here are absolutely wonderful and scream ELEGANCE through and through - because I get lost in the view...
    (belated) Happy Birthday to your sweet and gorgeous daughter. May she have a year ahead full of blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  36. Each of you have very good taste. I like your ideas as well as hers. Different spokes for different folks. That is what I call high class living.

    ReplyDelete
  37. She is just stunningly beautiful, so is her view and condo.
    Those are just the yummiest dishes! I adore the pink ribbon trim on the bowl and the flower in the center. The salad plate is fantastic too!
    Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday. She is absolutely beautiful Fabby! Beautiful home and yes, breath taking view. YOU are so awesome as a mother and have such a gift with decorating tables. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Good Morning Fabby, It is so wonderful when we are able to spend time with our children, especially special times, like birthdays.
    I think you can guess what I am going to say, I love the pink and green dishes. Pink and green works so beautifully together and I love how Alexandra added a white soup dish, with just a dash of pink. The overall effect was lovely.
    The view from Alexandra's apartment is beautiful. If we lived in an apartment with a view like that, I think my husband would spend a lot of time gazing out of the window as there would be so much to see.
    Happy belated birthday to Alexandra and as always you set a beautiful table.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, that is one fabulous apartment with a stunning view, and you have a beautiful daughter. What a fun evening it must have been. The table is so pretty and vibrant. Don't you find that tables like this generally spark a lot of lively conversation?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the dishes. So beautiful. They remind me of a place in Ohio that used to make beautiful ceramic pieces called Fioriware.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Fabby,

    Goodness. I thought I had commented on your lovely post already! Guess not! Must have read it and then planned on returning. You have a very talented daughter which doesn't surprise me, knowing her Mother! I know you are proud and happy that she is happy! Lovely visit, I'm sure! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your daughters apartment is beautiful, I too love the dishes and setting.

    ReplyDelete
  44. How wonderful that you spent such a lovely time with her! The apartment is lovely! I love the colorful dishes. Thanks so much for sharing with Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Fabby, Happy Birthday to your dear daughter. She is a gorgeous girl.
    Love her apartment and the table setting is beautiful.
    Your table looks great in her foyer area. You are such a good mom and I am sure your dinner was very special.

    Hugs and Happy Fall.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lovely daughter, lovely china, lovely views...hey, it's ALL lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  47. My Gosh, Fabby- She is just a GORGEOUS, beautiful woman. I love her apartment and that view is just spectacular.

    I love the dishes your company designed for her. They are beautiful...and if I had a truck and transport I would load that dining room set up and bring it home. Aren't those chairs WONDERFUL?!!!???!!!

    I gave my oldest daughter my blue transferware and she has it all packed away. She doesn't "like the look" either. Sad but we each have our own taste. Maybe one of her children will love it one day. And maybe one of your grandchildren will love your blue transferware.

    Hope you had a wonderful day, Fabby. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am still saying WOW even after having read through your post a several times. The dishes are wonderful. What a FUN story about them. Did you save a picture of the skirt???? And the VIEWS... my oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. That is a lovely apartment with a fabulous view. I love her dishes! The pattern is very unique and rich looking. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for my Autumn tea. Happy Autumn, Fabby!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Dear Fabby and I've missed you! Oh, a belated happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. She looks like you. Her apartment is so pretty and I see she takes her decorating skills from you too. The dishes she designed are so pretty! Hope you're doing well and I'm glad to get back to blogging.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Those views are gorgeous. I bet your daughter really enjoyed celebrating her birthday with you and your husband. So nice that you were able to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Your daughter has a great taste! Be it the house, furniture, dishes or the huge mirror on the wall... I like it all.

    Thanks for sharing this at Wake-Up Wednesday, the party I am co-hosting.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  53. Fabby your daughter is beautiful!! Her apartment is amazing and the view is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your daughter's apartment is so elegant. And what a spectacular view! Thank you for sharing it. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your sweet and generous messages. You always make my day !

FABBY