Happy Holiday Season 2016

Happy Holiday Season 2016
HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON 2016

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

FABY: Elegant Tea Tablescape for Me

 Hello sweet friends!


My birthday is today Thursday Oct., 20th so for Tablescape Thursday and other great parties I made a tablescape in my honor- hehe, with one of my very fav china sets I have and it's this Bavarian Porcelain complete set for height tea, or "high coffee" time, lol!   I bought it several years ago in Guayaquil at the Hotel Continental where there's a beautiful store with everything European, china, glasses, stems, tablecloths and many, many other special things for decorating a beautiful home and of course, yours truly fell in love with this set...ok, you wouldn't?

    My husband's cousins and his two sisters are making me a real  high tea and I will be going out for dinner with some friends later too, therefore, I did a faux table for me with everything I love just for my Blog friends.... not only that, I received a beautiful giveaway I won  from Chie at:  http://chubbyandchieque.blogspot.com/  at the Cloche Party at Marty'sTabletop Tuesday  and get to know this beautiful and fun lady.  The party was hosted by Marty's Stroll thru Life  when we did the Cloche Party... they are a set of four cute little sweet crystal cloches with four small adorable spoons as they can be used for so many purposes such as marmalade, butter, sauces,etc., I've posted them today, as they came Oct. 18th. just in time for my birthday tablescape.
 
   I thank you sweet and lovely Chie for her  adorable gift and they are crystal and I'm crazy about them!


Here is one of my favorites Bavarian Porcelain complete tea set which I bought several years ago, with eight cups and saucers, cake plates, a tea set and two small candy dishes, which I bought later in the same store I mentioned after the last photo.


The tea set has such pretty flowers of multi color, the tea pot has a butterfly and a dragonfly on the other side of it and they all have pedestals.
I used the dinner plate of my reticulated dinner set as a small charger for the cake plate, the shell cute spoon is for ice-cream that could be used for desserts, in this case with the glasses here.

Here is the compote glass in pale lilac, or purple I bought them a month ago four in pale pink and four in a pale lilac to mix and match them, along with four in each color of the water stems.

Here is one of the set of four small cloches and spoons I won on a giveaway from sweet Chie from Chubby  and Chieque, which Marty at Tabletop Tuesday hosted.   Lovely Chie has a beautiful blog:  http://chubbyandchieque.blogspot.com/   and she lives in Sweden.

Add caption

Add caption
 You can see a little of the beautiful organza place mat in green and beige with an embroidered stem with leaves, they are from India and  they are my favorites too.  Here is the pretty tea cup with pedestal and saucer.
Add caption
 The big platter where the tea set stands I've used it before with different cookies and small tea sandwiches. 
Add caption
 The water stems and compotes I bought a month ago, I saw them and I said: uhmm..they would look great with my mil's antique dinner ware with pink roses and the tea set I'm showing here...so you can imagine me!
Add caption
 The tablescape in my honor for my birthday-today Oct. 20th and I explained my plans for today after the last photo.
Add caption
 Just with candle light- I kind of like it- in real life it is a little too dark but so romantic.  The crystal candle holders are Bohemian from the Czech Republic and I also  purchased them several years ago.


 I love the tea pot, it has a dragonfly too.
Add caption
 A closer view of the tea set, it also has an orange flower, a different twist from usually pink.
Add caption
 The set has multi color flowers like, orange, lilac, pink, a little yellow and green leaves.
Add caption
 The water stem here is in a pale purple and the compote glass in pale pink- they said Poland in a small sticker. 
Add caption
 I chose flowers that would go with the china- although something in purple was not available except for big flowers I wanted small ones to fit in the glass vases.
Add caption
 Here is one of the cute candy dishes I have.
Add caption
 I just love the glasses they look old fashion almost like depression glass.
Add caption
 This tablescape I made in my honor today Thursday Oct. 20th. lol!    A close up of the work in the glass- bellow.   I think they are  so perfect for dessert like for fruit salads some puddings and even for shrimp 'ceviche!'
Add caption
 
 
  

  Thank you my dearest friends for coming to my 'birthday party tablescape'...today Thursday Oct. 20th. at Susan's Tablescape Thursday.  You know your visits are so very appreciated and wonderful.

   I also want to thank the sweet and lovely ladies that host such great parties every week with the only purpose for us to show off our lovelies.        

Lots of hugs,      

 FABBY

Tablescape Thursday at:  http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Vintage Thingy Thursday at:  http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/
Open House Party at:  http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
Delightfully Inspiring Party at:  http://thefrenchcup.blogspot.com/
It's a Party at:  http://creativeprincess.blogspot.com/
Feathered Nest Friday at:  http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Vintage Inspiration Friday at:  http://commonground.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home at:  http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Show and Tell Friday at:  http://myromantichome.blogspot.com/
Inspiration Friday at:  http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home Friday at:  http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Potpourri Friday at:  http://apotpourrioflifeat2805.blogspot.com/
Pink Saturday at Beverly's at:  http://howsweetthesound.blogspot.com/
Sundays Favorites at:  http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/
Seasonal Sundays at:  http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
Masterpiece Monday at:  http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/
Amaze me Monday at:  http://dittaledattle.blogspot.com/
Tabletop Tuesday at:  http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Lady Katherine for Tea Time Tuesday at:  http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/
Tea Time Tuesday at:  http://sandymyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/
Wanda Lee and Pam for their Tea Things Tuesday at:  http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/
Martha and Terri for Tea Cup Tuesday at:  http://marthasfavorites.blogspot.com/
Trish's Tea Party Tuesday at:  http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/
Bunny's Blog hop Party at:  http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.com/

91 comments:

Chubby N Chieque said...

Oh my... what an elegant settings. How I wish, I could managed to buy another tix so, I can join your tea in your new revamp home.

Happy that you received your gifts. Perfectly came in your bday.

Just correction, Not Oslo, coz this is the capital city of Norway. I am living in Stockholm, capital city of Sweden §:-) ha ha... your soooo cute.

Hugs to your birthday and I will be thinking of you.

Lots of hugs from D´Box,
/chie

martinealison said...

Comment résister à ne pas s'inviter chez vous ma chère! Vous êtes une terrible tentatrice!
Une table adorablement bien mise... Tout y est très délicat.
Joyeux anniversaire à vous et à très bientôt.
Gros bisous

Johanna said...

Hi Fabby,
Happy Birthday too you. I wish you lots of fun this day and for the new year. Your tablesetting is charming as always. What a stunning china set you bought. It is amazing that I have seen this exquisite Bavarian never here. It is really very outstanding.
Have fun today!
Best greetings, Johanna

Rebecca said...

Belated "Happy Birthday" to you. Your plans sounded lovely and your table DEFINITELY was.

HHL said...

Happy Birthday!!! You have set a wonderful welcoming tea for us and your guests!!! ... it all looks so lovely.

Love the changes you have made in the previous post.. you are ready for holiday decorating and celebrating!! Hugs and blessings.xo HHL

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Wonderful fall decor! The table looks chic and elegant. Love those flower arrangements...beautiful!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

xinex said...

I am totally in love, Fabby, with your gorgeous table! Your china is so exquisite. I think they match my Bavarian teapot that I just used a few days ago on my jewelry making tea break, at least the color will all compliment each other. I also love the glass and dessert goblets. Everything looks so pretty together. Did you see the jewelry I made? I later added pictures on that same post..Christine

Priscilla said...

I love your table lit by candle light. I don't have electric light in my dining area except for a small electric candle on a little shelf over the drinks cabinet. I have a brass chandelier that I bought when we lived in England, and a wall sconce. I alwas use candles on the table. So, I always eat by candlelight!
Today you shall dine by candlelight - on your birthday cake!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Coloradolady said...

Beautiful setting!! Happy Birthday, I hope you have a fantastic day!! Happy VTT!

Dolores said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Fabby!!!! Your special day sounds like it's going to be a grand day!

Your table scape is absolutely gorgeous. The colors are so beautiful with your delicate dishes.

HAPPY DAY TO YOU!!!!!

Marlis said...

Happy Happy Birthday Fabby. I hope your day is filled with many special blessings! I love your china.. oh gosh it's so pretty and delicate. The new goblets and pedestals are perfect with it. I love your crystal candle holders too. Everything is especially pretty set just for you! xo marlis

LV said...

What a lovely table setting. I would not know what to do at a table like that. You have a lovely home.

Richard Cottrell said...

Oh Fabby it is divine. i love the butterflies. looks like it would be good enough to serve a Queen and it is, cause you are the Queen. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Happy birthday! I am sure you had a wonderful day. Your setting is beautiful! What company made the coffee set? It is gorgeous. I love the pattern!
Ruth

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Such a gorgeous table setting Fabby!! Love your beautiful china- everything looks so elegant and pretty!! Happy Birthday too! :) Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

Flora said...

Beautiful Table Setting!! Happy Birthday!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Birthday, Fabby! You have set an exquisite table for your celebration. I absolutely love your china with the gorgeous flowers and dragonflies! The lacy-edged chargers are lovely and I love the touches of pink from your glassware too. Would love to sit and enjoy a meal or a cup of tea at your wonderful table. Thanks for sharing and I wish you a very special day!

Blessings,
Sandi

Marigene said...

Beautifully elegant, Fabby! I love the reticulated plates...they make gorgeous chargers. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday...

Bunny Jean said...

Happy Birthday Fabby!

This tablescape is so fitting for your Birthday dinner... very feminine!

Thanks for showing the link to my party on this post... but I you forgot to actually add this post to my page. Come link up so you can share with the others :)

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You always have the most elegant table! Enjoy your day, my friend! ♥

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day is MOST special and blessed! Sending you some warm Southern birthday HUGS!!! ♥♥♥

Honey at 2805 said...

A belated Happy Birthday! Your table is a feminine and elegant! What you do with tables is really an art!

Thank you for linking the fun post to Potpourri Friday. You are appreciated, my friend!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

The china is just breathtaking! It's so elegant, just gorgeous Fabby! Happy happy birthday,
xo, Andrea

Alycia Nichols said...

Fabby, this is one of the most beautiful tablescapes I have seen you do. It is absolutely fantastic. The china is a pattern any girl could fall head over heels in love with, and you chose flowers that go well with it. I really like the ice cream spoons. You don't see those a lot anymore, and I think they are essential for the well-set table. The whole table is just gorgeous. Happy Birthday to you! Are you 21 yet? ;-) Enjoy your birthday weekend!!!!!

Lizabeth said...

Oh what a beautiful set of China you have! I love the flowers on it! Your stemware is beautiful- love the color! I love colored glass!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FABBY!!

Scribbler said...

This is beautiful -- I don't think I have ever seen such beautiful china. Your stemware is a perfect compliment.

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Maria said...

Fabby, I love this tea set! So beautiful! And happy birthday!

Deanna said...

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!
Your table looks gorgeous. It would be a pleasure to dine with you.

God bless you and may you have many, many more birthdays.....all happy!
d

Maureen said...

Fabby, Happy Happy Birthday! You celebrated in style and why not set a beautiful table in your honor. The china is beautiful!

Elaine said...

Happy birthday! Your tea set is gorgeous and I can understand why you couldn't resist it. I love the little pedestals and the graceful handles. Thank you for sharing your lovely birthday tea!

Zuni said...

No wonder you didn't pass this china up, and that you're using it to celebrate YOU! It's all beautiful! Hapy birthday!

Anita said...

Fabby, what a beautiful set, and you have all these beautiful pieces!! This is a beautifully, elegant tea table!! Thanks for stopping by and for entering the giveaway!!

At The Picket Fence said...

Happy Birthday! You created such a gorgeous tablescape and we hope you had a wonderful time celebrating your special day. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
OMG this is Gorgeous and so elegant tablescape setting,you know I love all your dishes and stemware sweet lady. I always have room for some you know... I know NO WAY we do love our dishes !!! I would like to thank you for your sweet comments on my new Tablescap. Hope you have a great weekend with your family.
XXOO Diane

Babs said...

Fabby, I always think your tables are so beautiful, but this is my favorite of all, so far. The china pattern is lovely and I adore the glasses and lavender and pink compotes. They're just perfect. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday

Bonnie said...

GORGEOUS china and entire tablescape. I would feel so special eating at your table. Lovely flowers, too!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Fabby, your tablescape is just stunning. I love the beautiful mix of china and crystal and the flowers are stunning. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope it was the best ever. Hugs, Marty

Karen said...

Happy late Birthday! - Love the tablesetting, especially the little cloches.

June Scott said...

Happy Birthday, Fabby! And thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pieces - so elegant!

Anita said...

Fabby, thank you again so much!!

chubskulit said...

Such gorgeous pink! Happy weekend!

Shade of Pink at my page.

Stuff and Nonsense said...

happiest of birthdays
and what a delightful way
to celebrate

this table is truly filled
with lovely pieces that add
beauty and charm

thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

alison

sweets said...

Very elegant and befitting of a birthday celebration. Hope you had a fun and relaxed day.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Happy Birthday Fabby! I understand why you didn't pass this china up, and that you're using it to celebrate you!

Diann said...

What a beautiful and elegant tea table! Everything is just so pretty! Thank you for being part of TTF and have a fantastic weekend!

Tess said...

Gorgeous!!! Who knows the birthday girl's taste better than the birthday girl!! Your china is wonderful and put together with all of your other pieces is just so stunning! Happy Birthday!!!!

Cindy said...

Beautiful Fabby! Love your dishes and the chargers too! What a beautiful combination. What a great win with the spoons and cloches!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Cindy

Snap said...

Fabby, your tablescape is elegant! I love the tea set with the delicate butterflies and the color of your glassware is fabulous! Wonderful. Happy Birthday! Happy Seasonal Sunday, too!

d e l i g h t said...

Pretty! Lovely! Marvelous! The color combinations you have used are just perfect! Visiting from The Tablescaper.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Happy belated B-Day Fabby! Your table is so pretty, I love all of the colors:@)

Atelier de Charo said...

Hola Fabby, esta puesta es una verdadera joya, me encantó la vajilla tiene un diseño precioso, todo hecho con muy buen gusto.

Besitos
Charo

Meredith said...

What a pretty setting! I love your new stemware and compotes, just beautiful! Happy Birthday. I hope you had a lovely day!

Entertaining Women said...

I pray that you had a glorious birthday surrounded by family and friends! Your tablescape is elegant, romantic,...marvelous! Thank you for inviting us in for a peak at your beautiful design. Cherry Kay

Shelia said...

Hi Fabby and I want to wish you a belated happy birthday! I'm sure it was wonderful!
Now I love your beautiful tea set! How lovely the design and shapes are! Your table is gorgeous as always and it's great to set up a pretty table just for us in Blogland - it's like little girls playing house! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me and you can Bathroom snap for me anytime! I would just love it.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Gorgeous tea set, Fabby! Beautiful table!

Geneva said...

Hope your birthday was as fabulous as your beautiful table setting. Every element was exquisite ... like eye candy! Enjoyed this post very much!

Designs By Pinky said...

Happy, happy, happy belated birthday dear lady!!!! I am sorry I missed it! Your table is GORGEOUS!!!! The tea set is spectacular! I love that the tea cups are on pedestals! How lovely. Love the platter too, I can see tea sandwiches on it. The stemmed glassware is beautiful. My hubby is Polish so anything from Poland is special to us too! XO, Pinky

Kathleen said...

How beautiful! I love the color of the stems, and the stems are such a beautiful color!
Fabby, can you take the word id off? Blogger has a very good spam guard now. You can always put it back , but give it a try.
And Happy Birthday!

The French Hutch said...

Your tablescapes are always stunning Fabby. I love the elegant Bavarian Porcelain. The colors are so pretty. I love the way you layer your place settings.
Happy belated Birthday. How sweet of your husband's cousins and sisters to plan high tea for you. I think that would be a great birthday celebration.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Phyllis said...

Hi, Fabby! As always, your table is a sight to behold! A lovely vision that makes me want to join you. May I wish you a belated "Happy Birthday", too. I loved everything about your table, but the china, organza placemats and pink compotes are beyond my imagination!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

How lovely! I haven't sat down to a nice tea in ages.

Belated Happy Birthday!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Fabby...

Your tea set is sooo sweet, my friend! That really is a beautiful pattern...I love the pretty pastel flowers! It's such a nice set too...so many wonderful pieces! Love your new stemware and fruit dishes! They really do look perfect with the colors of the tea set! Well dear friend, you have done it again...you have set the most beautiful table! I would love to sit down with you...at this beautiful table and visit! Wouldn't that be fun?

Thank you so much for sharing your sweet tea set with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week, dear friend! I hope you and your family had a wonderful weekend!

Love ya,
Chari

Julio Muao said...

Wow! truly beautiful Fabby. I absolutely love the reticulated dinner plates and the floral pattern china is outstanding. You have made the perfect setting for such a very special occasion. A belated happy birthday.

Vaishnavi said...

Very very beautiful :) I never knew tea sets can be so elegant!!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Fabby,
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

What a beautiful table setting with stunning pieces!! Gorgeous!!

Hugs,
Debbie

xinex said...

Is that you in the profuil picture, dear Fabby? You look so lovely, my friend! And of course coming back here makes me drool again over your elegant tea set....Christine

xinex said...

Did I forget to wish you a Happy birthday? Geez, I hope not! I am getting senile. But if I did, I want to wish you a belated Happy birthday and may you have a lot of blessings throughout the year and the years to come....Christine

xinex said...

Did I forget to wish you a Happy birthday? Geez, I hope not! I am getting senile. But if I did, I want to wish you a belated Happy birthday and may you have a lot of blessings throughout the year and the years to come....Christine

Bunny Jean said...

Hi again Fabby... I already commented on this post and wished you a Happy Birthday... hope it was fun!

I just came back to say that even though you listed my link at the botton of this post (thanks!) you forgot to tink up to my party.... so we never got to see you this week. You can still link up to this coming Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party :)

xoxo Bunny Jean

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Just stunning! You have such lovely things, and the talent to display them beautifully. A belated Happy Birthday to you.

Chubby N Chieque said...

Oh Fabby! How happy I am, mentioning my name.

Hope you enjoyed your day.

Hugs my dear sweetie friend.


Greetings from chilly Stockholm.

Hugs always,
/chie

Sherry said...

Fabby,
This is beautiful! I love the glasses and sherbets, so glad you got a close up of those! Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Sherry said...

Oh, Happy Birthday!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Fabby, this is just the most lovely tablescape, I so hope you had such a fabulous BD. Thanks for sharing on TTT. Just soooooooooo beautiful. Hugs, marty

desde my ventana said...

Gracias Fabby por tu comentario en mi blog, que me ha permitido llegar hasta tu blog lleno de inspiración y grandes ideas.

Un abrazo muy fuerte desde España para ti.

Cecilia

Wanda Lee said...

Dearest Fabby,

I'm truly enraptured by your exquisite post.., What a fabulous tablescape so beautifully, artistically composed in very detail.., The dishes and cloches are gorgeous!

Happy belated birthday sweet Fabby!

..,I adore anything that has to do with high tea; hope you had a fabulous time, as I'm sure no doubt you all did!

Thanks so much for joining us for Tea.~ We always love having you partake!

Hugs, Wanda Lee

classic • casual • home said...

Beautiful ...all of it especially the platter.

Oliva said...

Hi Fabby! Happy belated birthday! I LOVE your tablescape and love every piece of china and crystal! I practically salivate every time I visit your posts!

Summer for Swede said...

Happy Birthday, lovely Fabby! What a beautiful tablescape to celebrate your day. I absolutely loved the Polish stemware in the soft lilac color. All the porcelain is so beautiful.

Margret Cornell said...

Happy Birthday - this is lovely .I love German dishes - a lot of times they have happy flowers like in your set - it is beautiful.Table is beautiful.I have started tablesdeparis.blogspot.com to share my tabla gatherings with my friends.

Margret Cornell said...

Love your table setting - love German dishes with flowers.I started tablesdeparis.blogspot.com to share my gatherings with friends. I name my gatherings .it is fun -Happy Birthday.
Margret Cornell

Darlene said...

Hi Fabby,

Absolutely gorgeous! What time should we arrive for tea? LOL!

Happy Belated Birthday! You sure know how to celebrate in style! The tea set and table setting is stunning!

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings, Darlene

Betty said...

Hi Fabby,
Oh my gosh! Just fabulous. The pink glassware is amazing. Your home is so cozy and beautiful.
xo
Betty

Leann said...

Wow you sure can set a pretty table! Gorgeous! Loved all the close-up shots so that I didn't have to leave the page!

Enjoy your day!
Leann

Lara Harris said...

This is truly gorgeous! Wow!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh my word! It's all breath taking!! Such LOVELY tables.

Happy Birthday!!

Donna

Marydon said...

Happy Birthday, fellow Libran. Hope you have a marvelous & blessed celebration.

Your china is exquisite, & the table scape is breathtaking. I so love your plates on the wall.

Enjoy your dinner.
Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Shelia said...

Hi Fabby! Thanks for popping in to see me and I love your new profile picture! You are so beautiful and I see a tiny little doggy! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Patricia Torres said...

Fabby.. thanks for linking in.. :-) Love love.. everything about your tablescape.. :-)

Maria Andrade said...

Hi Fabby,
I don't know how I missed this gorgeous post and being your birthday table it's even unforgivable, but I've had some blogger problems by that time and that must be the explanation...
Although more than a week late
Happy birthday dear Fabby!
Your china is stunning and your table as beautiful as it can be!
All the best for you.
Hugs

Karin Şen Cankan said...

Happy Belated Birthday my dear.

The table elegantly done, and glad you received your presents in good shape.

Lots of Love,

Karin Şen Cankan
karinsfairytale.blogspot.com